PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the real paintball?

Pantothenic
07-26-2006, 08:10 AM
waking up at 5 AM hiding in the trees all day just to get 1 shot off what happend to the sniper and the original game of paintball? this speedsball crap is retarded give me a sniper and a silencer and i will be happy forever anyone whoe plays speedsball is a disgrase to the sport/

splaturout
07-26-2006, 08:14 AM
ummmm...your flaming is going to get shut down.

To each their own.

You might want to reconsider what you are saying. The mods do not like this kind of additude.

Pantothenic
07-26-2006, 08:18 AM
wtvr thanks for answering my qeustion noob

bamf-hacker
07-26-2006, 08:18 AM
give me a sniper and a silencer and i will be happy

Linky (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2035&highlight=silencer)

Maybe not soo happy :)

and remember even in Speedball it still only takes one ball to eliminate...

Pantothenic
07-26-2006, 08:20 AM
what tha hell does that link prove that isnt gonna stop me

splaturout
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
No one can stop you...it only proves that you need to cheat to win. Interesting....if you cheat wouldn't that make you a disgrace to the sport?

pman15
07-26-2006, 08:32 AM
um back in the days when paintball had pretty much came out they played in woods but they played it like speedsball.there are actually some vids of the 1995 paintball championchips on these forums somewhere i think.then they introuduced speedsball.no speedsball is not a disgrace,its just more harder then woodsball.so pretty much your saying that speeds ball is a disgrace then yer calling just about everyone a disgrace on this forums.since just about everyone on these forums play speedsball.{no im not trying to flame you but im just saying the truth}

eh,pointless thread,this needs to be deleted

pman15
07-26-2006, 08:34 AM
ummmm...your flaming is going to get shut down.

To each their own.

You might want to reconsider what you are saying. The mods do not like this kind of additude.

agreed i also feel a ban coming on for that guy{not u spalturout}

splaturout
07-26-2006, 08:34 AM
:yeahthat:

Well played my good man.

vikingshadow
07-26-2006, 08:54 AM
waking up at 5 AM hiding in the trees all day just to get 1 shot off what happend to the sniper and the original game of paintball? this speedsball crap is retarded give me a sniper and a silencer and i will be happy forever anyone whoe plays speedsball is a disgrase to the sport/

I'll tell you what happened. Players like you showed up and ruined it by discovering places like this exist on the internet.

I was going to ban you, and I still might. However, I think I'd like to see what kind of flames you're going to get from the general population, especially after the girl comment. Have at him, boys!

pman15
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I'll tell you what happened. Players like you showed up and ruined it by discovering places like this exist on the internet.

I was going to ban you, and I still might. However, I think I'd like to see what kind of flames you're going to get from the general population, especially after the girl comment. Have at him, boys!

so we can flame him all we want for flaming everyone else?i like the idea.now where to start:devil:

vikingshadow
07-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Just for awhile - at least until the other moderators show up and yell at me for allowing it!

splaturout
07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I say we start with the fact that I guess this player can not play speedball at all for one reason or another.

big_daddy_d
07-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Guessing someone is still on summer vacation, and not back in school yet and is upset that they got owned by a "newb" with a rental at the local PB field where speedball is the main game played... :dodgy:

druid
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM

well, let me know where you'll be at with that silencer and I'll be there with 20 ATF agents to haul your retarDed ass to the federal pen...because you can't even afford to pay ATTENTION...let alone the $200 processing fee to legally own one.

Paintball has survived 22 years without your sorry ass in it and it won't be missed when you die.

Stop huffing Trans Bridge fumes...your 3 remaining brain cells are needed to continue your autonomic functions.

Go away troll...you are unwelcomed here. Most of us have equipment older than you...retard...I'll play you one on one with a slingshot and own your ass back to the stone age. I'll make you feel so bad about being the loser you are, you'll need a therapist and high-powered drugs to knock you out of it.

thechubbss12
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM

LOL Weres Claus... Our fave flammer LOL....

Humm were did it go... Well it went into the hands of athletes who were looking for something more chalenging and athletic then simply hiding in the woods and waiting for someone.... If you were a athlete like me who was used to a fast paced game then woodsball was just boring to me... It wasnt hard and it wasnt intertaning at all... I do respect people who still play but IMO i thought woodsball was boring...

Apparently you have never played speed ball or you have and you simply are too out of shape to enjoy it because you have to break a sweat to play...

Lastly if you want to post a thread about why something is bad why not complain about PBN... I mean everyone here knows the noobs and just flat out stupid people are outrages on PBN. Dont flame someone else for the game you dont understand... Paintball went to a better format still the same game just more entertaining platform.

marvin-martian
07-26-2006, 01:58 PM
druid, you dont need to capitalize your Ds anymore. its ok.

colonel_moo
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
this kid is obviously a troll, i donno why you guys are falling for this

leed
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Because we're uber bored. DUH.

vwjimmy
07-26-2006, 03:07 PM
this kid is obviously a troll, i donno why you guys are falling for this
True enough....but how many times do we get invited to light some idiot up?

As for the idiot, I was in the woods in the 80's getting painted with oil based tree paint and I can tell you it was alot easier on me than the 2 v 2 tourney I played in this weekend. Modern speedball is for athletes...even old ones.

Don't beat up the sport because your no good at it.
Whoa.....I do feel beter Vike!:D

DRAGON
07-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey, either the guy is a troll or he's just expressing his opinion. No one may have thunk of that one lol. Well whatever.......keep it clean -

big_daddy_d
07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey, either the guy is a troll or he's just expressing his opinion. No one may have thunk of that one lol. Well whatever.......keep it clean -
Gonna have to go with UBER COOL TROLL :dodgy:

druid
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
druid, you dont need to capitalize your Ds anymore. its ok.

are ya sure? I mean...God forbid I hit the wrong key once in a while and not catch it...especially after all the "10,000 word diatribes" I type without any other tipeagraffikkill failure :dodgy: (I hope you realize that "typo" was an intentional typo..... :dodgy: )

True enough....but how many times do we get invited to light some idiot up?
Not many and I plan on capitolizing on it as much as allowed :D
As for the idiot, I was in the woods in the 80's getting painted with oil based tree paint and I can tell you it was alot easier on me than the 2 v 2 tourney I played in this weekend. Modern speedball is for athletes...even old ones.

Don't beat up the sport because your no good at it.
Whoa.....I do feel beter Vike!:D

splaturout
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
I think this person is Claus :thinking: and is having fun. He is letting us vent a little since we are going to get to say what we really feel.

Maybe even better....maybe it is a MOD that feels we should just let it out!:dodgy:

As for the ID 10 T.

:bird:

GFXAddict
07-26-2006, 06:43 PM
*Deep Breath*

I agree with everyones comment here. As for my own well, I dont find sitting in the woods waiting for someone to walk by much fun. It pretty much takes the fun out of fragging. In Speedball its intense theres a damn near constant firefight going on and you have to think and be strategic in order to win, cuz in my opinion sitting on my ass waiting for someone to walk by isnt too much of a strategy. When I eliminate some one on a speedball field the feeling of accomplishment is that much more greater.

Conclusion: SPEEDBALL ROXXORS THE BIG ONE111!!

*and Exhale*

P.S.- I love playing on a spool field too w00t!!!!

colonel_moo
07-26-2006, 06:52 PM

well seeing as all the other posts ive seen by this kid are flaming posts, and he only has 9 posts total, im gonna go with troll.

Pantothenic
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
screw u guyz

FATBOY
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I know I am new here but this topic is near and dear to me. He is the question I have for all of you speed ball players: Woods, spools, fake towns, blow up bunkers, whatever... they are all essentially the same when you break it down. The only difference is that now you are laying down hundreds of paintball hoping to hit something in the general area you are pointed. In the mean time the only thing you are really accomplishing is making the paintball people tons of money. Let's face it, on a yearly basis you're going to spend a hell of a lot more on paint than anything else in your arsnel. What is wrong with firing a few shots and moving? Shoot and move, shoot and move. You go to the fields now and most of your time is spent behind a barrier because some guy is unloading his hopper at you hoping to hit something if you stick an apendage out.

To comment on the sniper's dream, come on, if you get up at 5am to sit in the cold and shoot another man with a paintball from a "sniper" marker you need to realize that you are too old to play army and you need to enlist and drop the dreams Simo Hayha.

TacTownKilla
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
screw u guyz

Oh no guys we have a hardass on are hands

DRAGON
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh no guys we have a hardass on are hands

Looks like someone softened it a bit with a ban stick lol - :p

colonel_moo
07-27-2006, 02:33 PM
To comment on the sniper's dream, come on, if you get up at 5am to sit in the cold and shoot another man with a paintball from a "sniper" marker you need to realize that you are too old to play army and you need to enlist and drop the dreams Simo Hayha.

two words: well played :D

best comment in the thread

DRAGON
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Woodsballers love speedballers in the woods and speedballers love woodsballers on an airball field. When out of your habitual element, at times you can become spotted with color -

oldnewb
07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe we can finish off this thread with something along the lines of, "Woodsball and Speedball are two very different entities in the sport of paintball. Both have their attractions for different types of personalities (and different types of fitness levels, heh), but neither type of person should consider the other person a 'threat' to their preferred version of paintball."

Does that work for you guys?

DRAGON
07-27-2006, 03:50 PM
NO WAY! That's like achieving world peace in the paintball community and I'm not sure we're all ready for that. W/O friction, we have nothing to ***** at each other about - ;)

bigred76
07-27-2006, 04:40 PM
... drop the dreams Simo Hayha.
Huh? :confused:

Oldnewb, You make me laugh. :roflmao:

splaturout
07-27-2006, 06:24 PM
They are both the same. Fire paintballs at the other person to tag them out. Woodball is for those who want to spend more time alone and firing a gun a lot less. Speedball is for those who like fast paced enviroments (similar to videogames...I am guilty of that.)

Saying one is better then the other is a waste of time. You are not going to convince someone that your idea is better than their own. That is kinda the point of a OPINION. Still....you are an idiot for saying what you did.

FATBOY
07-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Huh? :confused:

Oldnewb, You make me laugh. :roflmao:

Simo Hayha supposedly has the most kills of any sniper in active duty. (I am not a vetern, I admit I just did a quick google search.) My issue is not with either sport in the sense of the game. What it comes down to is making paintball a very expensive sport vs a not so expensive sport. I could spend hundreds of dollars on paint and thousands on a marker but, I would rather keep the cost down and play more often. I admit if I was not married, i.e. I have a WIFE, I would spend more time/money in the sport. My issue is more with spreading out the time spent shooting and moving. Trust me, woodsball in my method of play is extremely physical, it just provides more coverage and more enviornment to move around in. In my opinion it provides a lot more in the way of running and the length of games, just to clarify!

Sorry for the rant. :p

colonel_moo
07-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Simo Hayha supposedly has the most kills of any sniper in active duty. (I am not a vetern, I admit I just did a quick google search.) My issue is not with either sport in the sense of the game. What it comes down to is making paintball a very expensive sport vs a not so expensive sport. I could spend hundreds of dollars on paint and thousands on a marker but, I would rather keep the cost down and play more often. I admit if I was not married, i.e. I have a WIFE, I would spend more time/money in the sport. My issue is more with spreading out the time spent shooting and moving. Trust me, woodsball in my method of play is extremely physical, it just provides more coverage and more enviornment to move around in. In my opinion it provides a lot more in the way of running and the length of games, just to clarify!

Sorry for the rant. :p

i totally agree with you. use to be a hardcore tourney player until i realized i was spending way too much money on paintball. i thought just quitting tournies would be enough, but it wasnt. so what did i do? i bought a pump. if i played a complete day of pump, it would probably cost me about 20 dollars (entry for strictly pump players at my local field is $10). but i dont play strictly pump all the time, i bring my matrix and my tippy SL-68 with me, and play a few games of speedball and a few of woodsball. ive gotten my day down to about a half case of paint if i play alot of pump, and i can play just about every weekend. also, when i play pump, it is actually more physically taxing than speedball. i am running all over the place in woodsball! with probably the lightest setup of most people there (excluding other pumps) im leading the pack of people, and usually end up the furthest forward getting the most people out. its tough stuff! when i come back through the gates to staging my face is drenched in sweat as well as my undershirt. however, i still think speedball is more fun since generally i play people with my own skill level and its more fast paced. however, i simply cant afford to play that so i get the most out of woodsball as i can. i sometimes bring the pump on the speedball field too! although i dont seem to do as well on there as i do in woodball with the pump :D

vikingshadow
07-28-2006, 06:10 AM
What it comes down to is making paintball a very expensive sport vs a not so expensive sport. I could spend hundreds of dollars on paint and thousands on a marker but, I would rather keep the cost down and play more often. I admit if I was not married, i.e. I have a WIFE, I would spend more time/money in the sport. Sorry for the rant. :p

Everyone's allowed a rant now and then. ;)

Well, in my mind, this is a long debated, hot spot in paintball, and no one will convince anyone else that their side is correct, no matter how hard you try. By the way, several of us here are married to a WIFE and have CHILDREN on top of that.....so that argument doesn't hold much water. Most of our wives either play as well, or look forward to getting us out of the house for a change! (Especially those of us married for several years.....:rolleyes: )

I think a better way to say it is to play the way you like and can afford. If it's spending a thousand bucks on a marker and hundreds in paint, then fine. If it's running around in the woods playing Rambo and GI Joe, great! If it's shooting a pump (which I do at least half the time) again - wonderful!

However, spending hundreds of dollars on paintball isn't what makes the sport expensive. The simple fact is that because there is so much money coming in to the sport, it should be getting cheaper, but it's not. The companies are going to get their money, whether you shoot 2000 balls today or 100.

bigred76
07-28-2006, 10:18 AM
100? I haven't seen one person only shoot 100 balls in a day, regardless of field and play typel. Wait, I take that back... the dude with the Quantum only shot a 100 balls that day with his Timmy for some reason. :confused: I guess the Quantum's how people try to conserve paint... LOL!

A big :yeahthat: to Vike. Except about the wonderful part about the GI Joe's and Rambo's. I'm fine so long as you don't look at my marker and say it's a POS because it doesn't have a lazer scope and a stock. That just pisses me the **** off, and might get you sought out the next game. And the game after that, and the game after that, and the game after that... :)

Paintball is an expensive sport. I can't go play right now because I can't stop spending so much on college stuff unless I don't want to pass the class I'm taking. It's a PITA, but when I do get a chance to go play, I go through mebbe a case if it's good quality paint. This is on my 'Cocker, btw. If it's sub-par quality I might go through half a case, sell it to a nube, and pick up a fresh bag of good stuff. I actually go through less paint on a speedball field then a woodsball because I'm just trying to not get shot half the time. I'll go through possibly 3/4 of a case on a speedball field if I'm not shooting too much. I wouldn't say it's how much paint I'm shooting is driving up the price of paint as things made in mass quantities are cheaper to produce per capita than a smaller quantity. So, the more paint people buy, then -- technically -- the cheaper paint should get.

In woodsball around here, the players aren't quite as good as the speedballers and I can lay down the paint as much as I want without them trying to fire back too much. Gotta love the tactical types. :D Half the time I'll nail the suckers trying to sneak up on me, the other half they manage to almost sneak up and I turn around and pop 'em in the gogs. So much easier than on a speedball field with everyone knowing where you are and exactly how to get you routed into a bunker.

I think I'll end my rant there as I have no idea where I'm going with it...lol....