PDA

View Full Version : New York Ballers!

Ace24
07-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I am from Rochester, NY and looking for locals to play with! If your from around me, lemme know and we could get a game together!

DyNasty9
07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
im in syracuse. do you play at headrush in rochester? i work at the headrush in 'cuse.

Live2Play
07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm in the cuse as well. I used to play at play to win, even before when it was originally owned by fury. That place was like my second home. Play to win eventually closed down though. Right now I usually play at fury, but will probably be at headrush this winter for some indoor games. :D

Edit: hey dynasty, I played at headrush a few years back, before the remodling was done. How is the indoor field now? I know that place is doing well since its expanding so much!

DyNasty9
07-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm in the cuse as well. I used to play at play to win, even before when it was originally owned by fury. That place was like my second home. Play to win eventually closed down though. Right now I usually play at fury, but will probably be at headrush this winter for some indoor games. :D

Edit: hey dynasty, I played at headrush a few years back, before the remodling was done. How is the indoor field now? I know that place is doing well since its expanding so much!
ya shame p2w closed i had been there once and it was really fun.

the indoor fields coming along. just recently we put the nets above the lights and its like 10 times brighter. The terf was slippery and now it isnt to bad thanks to a cleaning over haul. but were going to get these new ball rollers to help clean the feild off, which should make it a lot cleaner and slip free. the feild is suposed to be getting re-leveled so its flatter. the outdoor feild is suposed to get totally turfed but im not sure when thats going to happen. the foundation for the indoor BMX track is starting this weekend and the hotel is almost finished.:) its going to be sweet when its all done with and indoor water park and go carts, i cant wait.:)

check it out www.headrush.com

Live2Play
07-29-2006, 06:51 AM
They're setting up a hotel!?!??!?! That would make it easy if ace were ever to visit up here sometime. But my god, I didn't know they were building a hotel lol thats wicked. I really like the go cart and the whole water park. Actually, I'm more interested in those go carts LOL. Any idea when that would be finished?

DyNasty9
07-29-2006, 07:46 AM
i think its suposed to be finished next summer.
check out the artical
http://www.headrush.com/news/124/

Live2Play
07-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Awesome, good to see a local field doing well. I'll definitely be over to headrush sometime soon and all throughout the winter. Maybe we can set some time up or something.

DyNasty9
07-29-2006, 06:35 PM
ya let me know when you go over. i live ten minutes away so we can deffinatly ball together sometime.

Ace24
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
I live near, work at, and play at NVP for indoor right now. Then there is this place in Avon avout 19 mins away from me for outdoor woodsball.

Sandman_Bravo
07-30-2006, 04:31 PM
EAS (extreme action sports) in Baldwinsville, on Van Buren Rd. That's where I go.:)

DyNasty9
07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
EAS (extreme action sports) in Baldwinsville, on Van Buren Rd. That's where I go.:)
do you really? i live in bville.:p

Sandman_Bravo
07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Yep, I've seen you on the forums. I don't play at Headrush but I stop in from time to time and bug Mike or Sanchez. I don't care too much for speedball, too old for it. I don't want to break a hip or anything. :dodgy:
Seriously though, I like EAS because we can play some woodsball or if anyone else wants to, hit the airball field.
I was in the Skaneateles area and stopped by Alliance(used to be Fury I think) and I wasn't impressed. When I was there the kid behind the counter asked me "do you play?" with a sarcastic tone like it wasn't possible. There was another guy there a little older with tats all up his arms(nothin wrong with tats I have some) who was a little friendlier who asked "where do you play?" When I said EAS they were talking amongst themselves and I heard the kid say "oh yeah, that's the rinky dink place over by..."
I always meet helpful friendly people at EAS or Headrush, but I left that place thinking there's no way in hell I'd fork over my hard earned cash to play at his field.
When I was younger I started riding motorcycles at 10 and raced thru high school & picked it up again in my mid 20's. Every once in a while we(my friends & I) would encounter those type of uber-competitive, self centered, jerks. I always noticed they had few or no friends in the pits and I always got extra pleasure from smokin' them in the motos.
Even though I'm new to this, I try to be helpful to other players and be friendly, not only for myself but the sport. I've dug up nuts and bolts out of my truck for a kids feedneck, given away my unused balls at the end of the day, gave a kid a 32* mainspring, etc.
I don't think there's any place for the "he's shooting a brand X marker, haha" or "I totally owned you" attitude at the fields.
If I'm wrong about Alliance(which I doubt) then I'm glad to be wrong.
Well I'm rambling on, see you around.

Modded-Like-Hell
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Check my location and you will know.

Live2Play
07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
If I'm wrong about Alliance(which I doubt) then I'm glad to be wrong.

Unfortunately your not wrong. That is one of the reasons I made play to win my second home. The customer service was there and they tried to have specials often. They even gave me and my friends a deal a couple times b/c we went there regularly. Fury is now known as Alliance paintball. They have recently moved last month to a new location and it is a little bit better. I dont know when you went but I'd say either a year or two ago, Todd, the guy with the piercings and tats took over. The customer service from them really just is not there. Thier prices are horrible. For all of thier scenarios, they have been overcharging like crazy. The last one they charged 60 bucks for a case of PRACTICE grade paint and 20 dollar entry. You could pre- register for 15 but still. They ripped everyone off with the paint prices. Some of the guys who work there are jerks, and some of them are decent people. What is really bad is when they put inexperienced reffs on the field. Last scenario one of my friends asked for a paint check on someone he believed he hit. The reff said in return, "Whats a paintcheck?" Bad bad experiences..

I plan on playing at headrush for now on, they're closer and I had completely forgot about all the remodeling they have been doing. Sounds like thier customer service will be better too. I've only played there once and I recall it being a decent time.

Sandman, how is EAS? I've only heard the name, I've never played there.

Ace24
07-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Where is that? EAS I mean... I've never been through that area lol.

DyNasty9
07-31-2006, 08:29 AM
ya ive never been to alliance but i know some kids on a team there and there total jerks.

on another note ive actually only been to EAS once when i first got into paintball, it was great cuz we played speedball then went and played in the fort. plus im good friends with the owners son =) anyway im probably going to be going to EAS more because i want to play outdoor speedball and the one at headrush sucks right now. ace EAS is on can buren rd in bville, it just off the highway (i cant think of the name of it), they have a sign and then you have to drive down a dirt road, its a nice little place.

headrush is great tho, mike and sanchez are two of the collest guys ever.
and Jake( the owner) is really cracking down on things to get the place clean and to really try and make it a great experiance when you go.

Sandman_Bravo
07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.easpaintball.com/Welcome.do;jsessionid=asDW_0SeNK7_

EAS is a friendly small place. Some days there are plenty of knowledgeable refs and other times it's lacking but overall it's a great place. They have an airball field just off the registration area, there is a wooded "village" area, a speedball field, and a fort. The place could use a little renovation and upkeep, but they aren't in business to make a lot of money, just to keep the fields open. I've met nothing but friendly helpful people there. Stop by on the weekends 9:30a-3:00p- they divide up teams and play.