PDA

View Full Version : problems firing?

u_gone
07-25-2006, 06:07 PM
anyone has any problems with firing the spyder electra....
lately my son's gun is firing two to three balls at once...
anyone know how to fix that?

ooglieboogliebob
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
new detent .... next time try a search

vikingshadow
07-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Depends. Is it bounce - when the gun shoots multiple times with one pull, or is it when 2-3 balls come out on one shot?

u_gone
07-26-2006, 09:26 PM
its 2 to 3 balls with one pull

ooglieboogliebob
07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
here's some detents ... http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=cEdovDa1bYho1nJ9JbKoFDx8uQ0oiDZrn1U=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-kingman-gun-upgrades-kingman-parts-and-accessories

Go for the killas ... they'll never die out on you

vikingshadow
07-27-2006, 05:12 AM
U gone - In my opinion, it sounds like it's mechanical "bounce." The kick of the gun pushes the trigger against the microswitch causing it to shoot multiple times. THis is caused by a switch that's too light or a trigger that's adjusted incorrectly. However, we have to know exactly what the gun is doing before we can diagnose that.

When you shoot the gun, does it feel/sound like it's shooting in burst mode when the trigger is pulled? Like, when you pull the trigger once, it goes "Blapblapblap" really, really fast? If so, then it's bounce. You need to adjust the trigger so that it has more front and back slack - not a lot, but more than it does. There are set screws on the top of the trigger and somewhere in the middle or near the bottom of it you can adjust.

If it's feels like it's shooting right, normally one ball with one pull, but more than one ball rolls out of the barrel, it very well could be detents are allowing more than one ball through.

However, this situation normally leads to chopping and barrel breaks and balls would tend to roll out of the barrel (if they were too small for the barrel, that is) when he wasn't shooting.

viperx6x9x
07-27-2006, 07:15 AM
my pilot was doing that. Im gonna go with viking and say its trigger bounce.

heres a little experiment to tell ya if the trigger is set close enough to "bounce". hook up your air (C02 N2 whatever), no balls cuz your not gonna be aiming the gun in a safe direction. make sure its cocked cuz your basically gonna be dry firing it here. hold it pointing up with your weak hand in a way that its more balancing than having a firm grip (hands away from trigger). now slap the bottom of the air tank pretty hard with your strong hand. if the gun fires when you do this your trigger is set too close and your problem is definitely trigger bounce.

but yeah the pilot was doing that. i shot it out of the box no adjustments and didnt have that problem. then last weekend i decided to adjust the trigger as close as possible to the switch. Bad idea, while it was kinda cool it was shooting that fast (2-3 per pull), no control at all over where the shots were going, not to mention not tourney legal.

TStites
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
here's some detents ... http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=cEdovDa1bYho1nJ9JbKoFDx8uQ0oiDZrn1U=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-kingman-gun-upgrades-kingman-parts-and-accessories

Go for the killas ... they'll never die out on you

I am going with ooglieboogliebob on this on this one I had a bounc problem and adjusted the triger and got rid of the bounc, but every now and then two balls will come out of the barrel.

u_gone
07-29-2006, 05:51 PM
I appreciate everyones help. THANK YOU

I will try to go through the possible solutions that you guys mentioned to me and I will get back to you guys.

u_gone
07-29-2006, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=u_gone]I appreciate everyones help. THANK YOU

I will try to go through the possible solutions that you guys mentioned to me and I will get back to you guys.

[ I T Z O V A ]