PDA

View Full Version : Need Help--Co2

Bulletproof
07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey people... I'm new to paintball and I bought myself a new ACS Pilot...I went to OA with some friends and I had trouble taking off the Co2 tank for a re-fill so am I not sapposed to keep it on tight or what?

Please help me out because I don't want the valve to come off of the tank...

Thanks!

twiztidjuggalo
07-25-2006, 12:27 PM
i had that problem with mine but after a few times it didnt give me a hassle anymore, if u want to be safe i would say take a bright sharpie that will show on ur tank, or a piece of tape, and make a line from the valve to the actualy tank, and when u take ur tank off watch the line and if u see it move then take it to a proshop and get help, but other then that try so lube one the threads in ur asa and see if that helps

Bulletproof
07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot man, I'll try that out!

bamf-hacker
07-25-2006, 12:36 PM
you want your tank screwed on hand tight and not gorilla hand tight. The threads are brass and can easily get deformed. It is not likely that the valve will come out of the tank. It should have been Loctited (red) in. If you have any concerns bring the tank to a qualified air smith and have them take a look for you.

What I do to screw my tank in is let gravity help me. I hold the gun so the ASA is pointing up, place the tank on the ASA and let gravity help me screw in the tank. I do the reverse to remove the tank.

Bulletproof
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot

ooglieboogliebob
07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
weirdly enough thats exactly what i do Dan.

BTW if you screw it in hand tight, it shouldn't be hard to get out unless it has a lot of air in it ... Once the tanks empty it should screw out pretty easily

vikingshadow
07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok, pretty simple and common problem. When you screw your tank on (no matter how tight you do it) the pressure in the tank is passed onto the ASA hose and/or regulator, X chamber, whatever. When you go to unscrew it, that pressure, which could be as high as 1300-1800 psi, is still there. THAT's what's making it tough to unscrew the tank from the gun.

What you should do is try unscrewing it a turn and a half (1.5 turns. for those with word problems!) and try shooting your gun a few times. The air should stop flowing between the tank and the gun and Voila'! Tank comes off easy. If it doesn't shoot down, then unscrew it another half a turn.

I highly recommend doing the mark thing, but I'd use your mom's or sister's bright ass nail polish. It's much more permanent and is bright enough to see if the valve and tank are coming unscrewed.

ooglieboogliebob
07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
... what i do is i point the gun up and start unscrewing it untill i hear a little leak and just quickly shoot it ... works fine that way.

Bulletproof
07-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks a lot everyone

Mckenna
07-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I sill have that problem but i have only taken it of six times but it does get looser evry time.

ooglieboogliebob
07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
gah ... you should always take your tank off your gun after your finished using it ... you don't want exploding parts, do you ??