PDA

View Full Version : How fast can you Fire

Jimmyd24
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
How fast can you guys fire with your gun. I can do like 12-15bps with my rocking trigger

marvin-martian
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
my AKA sticker lets me shoot 736bps

vwjimmy
07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I shoot 42bps with the frame off and a leaf blower pressure loader!!! lol

vikingshadow
07-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I just think about where I want my gun to be and where I want it to shoot, then tell it, "Go!" It flies over to the bunker and starts laying down fire while I walk to the bunker. It once bunkered a man in the snake, flew down to the back right can and bunkered that guy, then across the field to the other can and bunkered him, then moved up the field to get the guy in the 40. (I think it was showing off a little....)

My gun speed cannot actually be documented because I have a Redz sticker, a Monkey with a Gun sticker, two Punisherspb.com stickers, and a New Designz sticker on my loader and there isn't a chrono that can measure it. I had to slow it down a little by putting a pbnation sticker on it because I was going through batteries every half game, and had to change them about 2 minutes in each time I played.

I installed the slik trigger which up'd the speed another 47.3 bps, and coupled with the Virtue board, I have an invisible shield that I can shoot out of, but causes paint to bounce off me from everyone else. Finally, if the speed doesn't get you, my NDZ Stinger Bolt kit actually turns paint into heat seekers....

UKwithPride
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
......I had to slow it down a little by putting a pbnation sticker on it ......

I lol'd at that part.

shunut
07-24-2006, 09:44 PM
I was going to post something funny, but I can't out do vike. :roflmao::lolsign:

Paradox313
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
wow 12-15 with a rocking trigger

im sorry but thats pathetic
first time i held that frame damn i was shooting like 20bps
and i was new to the double finger action(pun)

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 10:54 PM
... yeah you might shoot 20bps but it takes you 5 pods to hit one man 20 feet away from you with a few thin branches as cover

GTFO of his thread if your gonna make fun of him, it doesn't matter how fast you shoot, it's if you can hit something 100 feet away 10/10 times.

... besides your probably BS'ing about the whole thing ... Most people just put up a random number and say, "im shooting 35bps" ... but thats random BS. I really doubt it, but if you could pull 20bps (without your little friend called "bounce"), how long can you sustain it ?? Still, I call shens unless you make a vid of a whole pod full of paint (140) put it in your loader and shoot it. We'll count for 7 seconds and if that loader isn't empty by the time 7 seconds is over, then your a lying sack of poo. :p

splaturout
07-25-2006, 05:16 AM
If we can't take someones word for the rof than this entire thread is just a giant waste of time. I do agree that we need not make fun of someone because of a post but we do have to take people's word for rof unless they can post a vid.:rolleyes:

I personally can fire 1 ball per trigger pull....how many in a second? Enough to take someone out. That is all that matters.:p

bamf-hacker
07-25-2006, 06:57 AM
I shoot 1 bps....

and it lands right in the middle of your goggles then the other 1241759285 bps are the bonus balls :)

and in all seriousness about 14 bps walking but not for long. Old fingers get tired.

STRIKEFIRST
07-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Fast enough to get accused of have it set to full auto in a tourney...

Or in Noob terms about 30 gagilion balls a second!

thechubbss12
07-25-2006, 08:02 AM
14bps on average... 16 on a realy good day..... This is practicing (literatly sitting down and concentrating on this only) 30min to a hour every day.... I do this so i can perform perfectly on the field and now let down my team because i didnt make sure the guy was out....

Ace24
07-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Does it really matter how fast you can shoot? All that means is your going to waste more paint in less amount of time trying to hit a guy.

Why waste paint when you can do the same with 3 shots that alot of people do with 30 *My friend likes to spray constant ropes*

vikingshadow
07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Legitimate question. In the tournament scene, or even the recreational speedball scene, it's not "wasting" paint. You need someone who can hold a guy in or keep a lane locked down to stop someone from running through it. If you were to wait for someone to start running before you shot, unless you had a good second or two and aimed WAY ahead of the runner, you'd never hit him. In the short bump up or to the side moves that players make, that's almost impossible. So there is a necessity in "shooting ropes."

Sure, you come out and 3 ball during a tournament, and unless you're snapping someone or having a gun battle (don't recommend it, by the way) with someone, you're going out. Period. Because while you're focused on the one shot kill, someone else just bumped up and lit you up from the side. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's the nature of that type of game. There is definitely a call for being able to shoot fast.

I can probably shoot 14 consistantly, maybe max of 17 inconsistantly, but almost every game I play, refs come to check my gun to make sure I'm not ramping or bouncing. They always give the ok, until the next game when they check my gun again. I guess I've hit some major fast speeds without actually knowing it! But the only time I really shoot a lot at a time is when I'm playing a back or a mid/back position. Usually, I'm shooting 4-5 shots and trying to move, or battling with some guy in my mirror or across the field.

True story time: My buddy who plays back and I went to an out of town practice a couple weeks ago. He just got a platinum Limited Edition Ego about two months ago and was psyched to rip on it.

After one scrimmage, he called me over, and his max shot counter, on semi 1, read 26 bps. I checked his gun, there was no bounce, he wasn't ramping and I was scratching my head. Now, I wondered what the heck he was doing, because he was carrying 6-7 empty pods off the field at a time. If I hadn't seen it myself, I would have said that there was no way ANYONE could reach that speed. Granted, it wasn't sustained rate of fire, but holy smokes!

TheRogueGnome
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
3 bps..3 rounds thats as fast as my fingers go

STRIKEFIRST
07-25-2006, 09:33 AM
14bps on average... 16 on a realy good day..... This is practicing (literatly sitting down and concentrating on this only) 30min to a hour every day.... I do this so i can perform perfectly on the field and now let down my team because i didnt make sure the guy was out....

Nice to know I'm not the only one that just sits and practices...

Ace24
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Well I've never played in a tourny before. Remember that lol.

I've played scenario games, woodsball, and very little speedball.

vikingshadow
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
I kinda figured. That's why I said all that stuff about tournaments and why rate of fire is important. Now, I don't think anything above 15 bps helps, but that's just me.

Strikefirst - I used to sit in front of the television and walk the trigger all night long. Got to where I didn't even realize I was doing it. Finally, my wife and kids said no more! Now, I do it when they aren't around.

Ace24
07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Maybe I shouldnt practice when its like 68* in my room with the AC on...

Fingers are cold and slow lol.

bamf-hacker
07-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Ha I practice also... On the back of my steering wheel. I drive 1 1/2 hours each way to work and 90% of that is in bumper to bumper traffic. Walking my steering wheel is a great time passer :)

thechubbss12
07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
LOL Dan FTW.... 1 1/2 hours to work.... Must cost alot of money on gas...

nbishop66
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
With my Pilot ACS I can run about 15 bps, with my ion about 16 pbs. 17 bps with ramping on.;)

Jimmyd24
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
im glad everyone got a great laugh out of my 12-15

colonel_moo
07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
wow 12-15 with a rocking trigger

im sorry but thats pathetic
first time i held that frame damn i was shooting like 20bps
and i was new to the double finger action(pun)

no you cant. no way you can pick up a gun and shoot 20 bps being "new to the double finger action." almost nobody can do that legitimately with no bounce or ramping, and the people that can (i mean, maybe like 0.01% of the paintball population) have practiced hours on end perfecting their technique. in conclusion, vids with sound analysis or shens.

bamf-hacker
07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
LOL Dan FTW.... 1 1/2 hours to work.... Must cost alot of money on gas...

Ha about $50 per week... Gotta love $2.85 per gallon :(

ooglieboogliebob
07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
no you cant. no way you can pick up a gun and shoot 20 bps being "new to the double finger action." almost nobody can do that legitimately with no bounce or ramping, and the people that can (i mean, maybe like 0.01% of the paintball population) have practiced hours on end perfecting their technique. in conclusion, vids with sound analysis or shens.

:D thanks for the backup ;)

colonel_moo
07-25-2006, 07:29 PM
:D thanks for the backup ;)

haha, i actually didnt even read your post... great minds think alike :D