PDA

View Full Version : "Low Bolt" from Alamo City PB

Opteron-O3
07-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Well I recieved a prototype "Low Bolt" (not really considered prototype anymore since you can buy it now) from Alamo City and I figured I would share my experiences.

http://www.alamocitypb.com/manufactpages/BOLTPIX/lowblowimagine.jpg

The bolt is well made, like all their other bolts, the head of the bolt is cupped so it is very gentle on paint. The design really amazes me that it actually works. You can even say it has the "Flatline" effect for I saw my own pballs floating!

The range and accuracy was superb, as there was a noticable difference. There was no blowby, except for the occasional.

The only flaw I actually see in the bolt is that it's only made for a select few markers. I put this bolt on my amg and plan to mod a pin on the side so I can use this bolt permanently(sp?)

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I know I didn't cover everything. I'm bad with reviews :blush:

Thanks to Alamocity for providing the bolt!

Nader
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
cool. Might try one in my imagine....any word on the price range?

Opteron-O3
07-24-2006, 06:49 PM
$28.95 + Shipping

Nader
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
little pricey....but worth a try.

pb34
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I hope im not missing something but is it called "low bolt" for a reason or is it just the name, and will it work on a pilot acs? thanks.

Opteron-O3
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
little pricey....but worth a try.

It's a pretty fair price compared to all the other bolts.

Opteron-O3
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
I hope im not missing something but is it called "low bolt" for a reason or is it just the name, and will it work on a pilot acs? thanks.

A reason, because the air is flowing bottom half of the ball "low" giving it a "flatline" effect (slight backspin)

You would have to ask alamo to see if they'll make a pilot version for you, but it's only available for Imagines and Victors.

pb34
07-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Ooo i get it. ok thanks alot.

Opteron-O3
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Ooo i get it. ok thanks alot.

Welcome :D

leed
07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
They stole aliens design. THIEVES. LOL, well, not really, but they same idea. This is interesting though. Nice find!

DRAGON
07-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Do me a flavor; turn your marker on a left \ or right / angle rather than 90* l to the ground, shoot it and tell me what happens. There was a bolt on the market 3-4 years ago called the undertow that didn't last long though a slightly different design. Hey, at least someone is trying something different anyways -

Opteron-O3
07-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Do me a flavor; turn your marker on a left \ or right / angle rather than 90* l to the ground, shoot it and tell me what happens. There was a bolt on the market 3-4 years ago called the undertow that didn't last long though a slightly different design. Hey, at least someone is trying something different anyways -

Sure I'll give that a try when I get out of work. :)

electraballr
07-25-2006, 06:33 AM
does it decrease any opp pressure? if so how much

Hob Hayward
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Thats interesting, I'd be afraid of blowby causing turbulence though... And they totally stole the idea from alien who I suppose may have stole the design from that "undertow" bolt. Perhaps I'll get my bro one for his b-day onceI hear more about it...

Opteron-O3
07-25-2006, 06:51 AM
does it decrease any opp pressure? if so how much
It'll decrease a little, not much though. It is higher flowing so it's perfect for Low pressure.

Thats interesting, I'd be afraid of blowby causing turbulence though... And they totally stole the idea from alien who I suppose may have stole the design from that "undertow" bolt. Perhaps I'll get my bro one for his b-day onceI hear more about it...

I actually recieved little to no blowby, just the occasional. The idea wasn't stolen, it's based on the idea though. It's an excellent bolt and would recommend it to anyone.

I'm just going to do a few more test with it and see if there can be anymore done to it. Im gonna try dragons idea first.

meruhl
07-25-2006, 09:59 AM
The name is actually the "Low Blow" bolt...

Opteron-O3
07-25-2006, 10:26 AM
And I shortened it to just say Low Bolt. :)

GFXAddict
07-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Will it give me better range then the stock bolt on my imagine?

Opteron-O3
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes it will give you a great range, not a big range but just enough