PDA

View Full Version : Karnivore questions

SharpObjects
07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
On my journey of knowledge, I've always wondered about the mysterious Karnivore autococker. I've considered one (Black/yellow) as a future (Future = 3-5 years away) investment. What can the owners of ers tell me about them? What does it mean to time them? I'd likey to hear all this from various owners. Tell me as much as possible. I've searched these forums, and found nothing that would help me. Many thanks.

thechubbss12
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Heh ive only owned E2 cockers never karnis... but i can tell you what it means to time....

Timeing can be extremly confusing for the first time cocker owner... You have to time the Sear to release the hammer to the time that the bolt is moved foward.

E-Cockers work buy useing a noid to push the Bolt back and foaward (to load a ball) also cocking the hammer (which is esentaly a spyder operation just Cockerd....). Once the bolt if foward (if timed correctly) the Sear will release opening up the valve which propels the paintball...

Karnis are the kings of all Cockers... they are pretty much as upped as a cocker that you could want Minus the MQ valve which gets rid of the Hammer/sear operation....

SharpObjects
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks chubbs. Would an E2 be a better "first time cocker owner" cocker? Or do they all need timing?

thechubbss12
07-24-2006, 05:55 PM
All of them need timing unless you have a MQ valved cocker (like mine)...

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 06:17 PM
... you already have an MQ valve in it ?? .. i thought you just ordered it ... dang time flies ...

Sac
07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
just so you know in 5 years every gun out today will be obsolete.

SharpObjects
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Meh, I don't mind. I'm not one to usually keep up with the times. Plus, it'll probably be cheaper in a few years time.

timmyshoota
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
They are cheap now. Cockers have crap for resale. Now is the time to buy, before hell freezes over and Cocker resale goes back up.

Sac
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
well let me rephrase, they will be in museums in 5 years.

Paradox313
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah i bet in 5 years we'll be runnin like mechatron dm11's capping at 40 bps

druid
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah i bet in 5 years we'll be runnin like mechatron dm11's capping at 40 bps

no we won't...we'll be running Kingman VS series, version 9's...an all mech trigger, angled fed, blow-back marker with some neat looking milling and a reg... :dodgy:

leed
07-24-2006, 09:53 PM
All of them need timing unless you have a MQ valved cocker (like mine)...

Not necessarily, generally factory settings are good with any setup so long as you have eyes on. If you want to shoot faster with eyes off, you'll have to do some custom timing, which isn't hard so long as you read a guide (can be found off moodypaintball.com) to help you along.

To be honest, you'll be better off buying an autococker with an E2 or Race Frame than buying a Mechanical autococker and upgrading, as you will 1. Save money, and 2. Save a lot of brain space. Timing for an E-cocker is actually much easier than timing a mechanical autococker. Once you get the hang of it, you'll get it down, but once you have your settings right, you won't have to tinker with anything.

If you have an mQ, you still have to time it (technically, the timing for the Sear Solenoid turns to dwell instead of actual timing).

thechubbss12
07-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Factory settings were crap with my E2... I had major half cycle issues (hammer cycled when the bolt was halfway foward)...

Andy... Its in the mail as of now LOL... not realy in my cocker yet but it should be by next week...

vikingshadow
07-25-2006, 08:09 AM
I have a friend (Louie) with the MQ valve. You're going to love it! He ran out of air during one a game in our last tournament, the sideline was coaching the team on the other end and told their player he'd run out of air. Louie was just recocking it manually and one balling....so when the guy came up to bunker him, Louie gogged him! Great times....

I'm surprised you ordered it and got it sent so fast. There used to be a HUGE backorder on them. Louie preordered his and it was almost 6 months before they sent it.

leed
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Factory settings were crap with my E2... I had major half cycle issues (hammer cycled when the bolt was halfway foward)...

Your hammer lug was probably too high. I've never had an autococker that had problems with factory settings. Nor anyone who's had problems with factory settings. You're definately the first.

I'm surprised you ordered it and got it sent so fast. There used to be a HUGE backorder on them. Louie preordered his and it was almost 6 months before they sent it.

There hasn't been a waiting list since april now. Stores carry them as well now. But The PBX Representative on the Nation seems to have disappeared anyways... -shrugs-

thechubbss12
07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Nahh i bought it brand new off a guy from the nation who had bought it but never opend it... $100 FTW

Nahh i had the lug the same as i have it now.... and it runs perfect with my own timing settings...