PDA

View Full Version : evolution for pilot acs

paintballman330
07-24-2006, 09:15 AM
is the evolution 2 a good hopper to get because im getting that one for my pilot but just a few questions is the lid hard to open and close? And is the battery door pop open while ur playing same for the lid does it pop open thanks for the help guys.

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
The lid isn't hard to open ... then again i just jam my palm on the middle of the lid to get it down (im not really careful when im in a rush ... :p)

Battery door doesn't pop open, i'v never had a problem with that before ... neither does the lid. You can do you magnet mod on the lids to make them grasp better. (rare earth magnets) just put two on the lid and two on the shell evenly spaced out ...

MVS1
07-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I have the egg II for my pilot acs, open/closing is a snap and due to the design and spring tension on the lid it never just pops open. I have the smoke (slightly tinted) egg and one thing I have noticed is that sometime the agitation motor would not operate even though there where no balls breaking the eyes beam. I painted the area around that section of the neck and resolved that issue. Everybody that I know that has the Black egg has never experienced this problem. Another issue is sometimes 2 balls try and feed at the same time which locks up the agitator. No real way to prevent, however it is easily resolved by slapping the hopper to clear the jam. And yeah its pretty rugged as well. Another hopper to take a look at is the Tippmann Triumph SSL 200. It's in the $50-60 range on amazon.com and uses a proximity switch instead of electronic eyes. Advertised rate of fire is slightly less than the egg, but I have no doubt it could keep up with the ACS. Down-side is I have not seen any upgrade components (z-board, etc.) for it, maybe it doesn't need any. Anyway I would recommend either one for the money.

mcaswell24
07-25-2006, 01:46 PM
the egg is good for the pilot i have one on mines and it easy as pie to open up and the battery door dosent come off @ all during play (well 4 me)