PDA

View Full Version : a couple of question on playing rec ball.

TStites
07-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I am new I have played about 6 times and the more I play the more questions I have. It is getting to the point that Paintball is all I think about. I am hooked bad. I know some of this has been covered, but I did not find the information I was looking for. Every thing that has been covered is based on you are working with a team that communicates well with each other. If I am playing mid field should I focus on the Back players at all or should I focus more on mimed field to the middle of the field. it seems to shoot some one that far away is almost blind luck you really have to get them when they are coming out once they are out you can see the balls coming from that far away so it is easy to doge. Or should I concentrate on keeping my front line alive. Next question, if I am in the snack and no one on the back line is calling out where people are how you play the snack or are you just a sitting duck. How do you play the snack if you don't know where anyone is on the field?

timmyshoota
07-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Snake, not snack.

As a mid, your job is to protect your fronts and fill in if you lose a necessary bunker. Most of the time I find myself gun battling with a back to give my fronts a chance to move. If one of my fronts dies and he's in a crucial bunker, I move to that bunker.

When you are playing the snake its VERY important you know where people are. You should have an idea where people are before you get in, but your backs should be communicating with you. You should also have someone watching the tape so you don't get bunkered. You are just a sitting duck if you have no one watching you. The only time I've played the snake with no one watching the tape is when the game gets down to 2 on 2 and I don't have to worry about getting bunkered as much. If you don't know where anyone is, use headchecks. Pop your head out really quick and take a look, then duck back in. If you see someone and have an angle, pop back out and shoot them, then get back in. The longer they don't know you are there, the more people you can kill. If no one is shooting down the tape at you, crawl further down the snake and look for kills. If you are alone in the snake(no one from the other team in it) and no one is shooting down the tape, you should mow down the other team. Just don't take a stupid shot and ruin your position. Move for the best angle.

I'm tired of typing, maybe when I rest up I'll give you some more info.

TStites
07-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Thanks that was helpful. I need to find a group to play with every time I play for the first few seconds you here guys calling out passions after that you are on your own. So the only thing you really know is there are guys on the back bunkers. I always just thought I was not that good. Itís hard to win when you are constantly being blindsided because no one in the back screams out, or tells you if some one has advanced.

big_daddy_d
07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
start bringing your friends to the field and drill drill drill and practice communicating...

TStites
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
my time is divided between work and family. I have no friends I am starting to make some at one of the fields I play at I guess it is just going to take time.

big_daddy_d
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
well talk to the folks when you get split up into teams and tell them communication has to be the number 1 thing they need to worry about for you front players...