PDA

View Full Version : New gun

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi, I bought my mr2 on friday and shot maybe 400pb through it already. My bolt keeps getting stuck and when i oil it i have a leak at the valve body roll pin. Could the leak be causing the bolt to be not getting enough oil or is my hopper to slow.(the bolt only sticks in burst and auto) Any help would be great.:)

Alien
07-24-2006, 07:42 AM
how many time it take usually when u buy something on EBAY . 5 days.?

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I bought the gun brand new at my local shop and i never buy anything of ebay

TenderVittles
07-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't think you're supposed to oil the bolt. Alien if you order from ebay it depends on how far away the seller is. If they live in the same province/state it could be a few days. If they are in a different country, it might take a few weeks or even a month. More time if there is problems.

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Im putting marker oil in the asa line like it says to do before and after use. The bolt needs to be recocked after every so many shots.

TenderVittles
07-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Ah sorry it sounded like you were lubing the bolt, and I have no idea why some other people have that problem I think.

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
So do u have any idea on why my valve body roll pin is leaking though?

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
for recocking issues, try lubing the striker o-ring.

Were do you hear the leaking coming from ... the barrel ??

pman15
07-24-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't think you're supposed to oil the bolt. Alien if you order from ebay it depends on how far away the seller is. If they live in the same province/state it could be a few days. If they are in a different country, it might take a few weeks or even a month. More time if there is problems.

no,no your supposed to oil the bolt

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 04:20 PM
last time i heard and looked at the manual ... the bolt was a derlin ACS bolt ... not too good with oil ;)

wylde01
07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
NO!!!! do not oil the bolt! the bolt is self lubing and after everytime of play im preatty sure your supposed to dry off the bolt

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 04:59 PM
for recocking issues, try lubing the striker o-ring.

Were do you hear the leaking coming from ... the barrel ??
No, the main body part, from the valve body roll pin

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 05:03 PM
.... are you sure it's leaking from there ?? ... lube/replace striker o-ring ... as i said ...

Or better off return it .. cuz a new gun shouldn't be having that much problems ...

Maxx-Damage
07-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the help ooglieboogliebob, I will take it apart and lube/replace that o-ring.

thebiest
07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
what you are sposed to do is put a fiew drops where you hook up your co2 and blow a fiew dry shots, thats plenty enough to lube it up. thats what it tells you to do in the instruction page, look it up yourself.

once i did lube it all up when i disassembled it, and had all kinds of recocking problems, they were solved once i shot all the extra oil out.

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Putting lube down the ASA doesn't lube the striker o-ring ... neither the valve o-rings ...

The only thing it does is lube the cupseal ... putting drops down the ASA isn't the right way to maintain your marker ...

Jarhead
07-25-2006, 05:03 AM
I have had mine only about two weeks and have put about 2000 balls through it. I haven't had any of those problems, only a couple of ball breaks. I attribute those to cheap balls and a gravity hopper.
I add a couple a drops through the CO2 like the manual says and it works perfectly. all of the parts seem well lubricated. Remember the more oil you use, the more debris it will pick up when in the field playing. My old Gunny used to say "It should feel lubricated not look like a Arab oil well"
I am not sure it is a good idea to take the bolt out and oil it down either. Let the system do it.

I bought my weapon off of Ebay and it took 5 days from CA.

Alien
07-25-2006, 05:38 AM
how many days it take usually for the shipping. because i bought my gun from florida and im from quebec,canada

Jarhead
07-25-2006, 06:02 AM
If you are in Florida, it should only be 4-5 days but since it is crossing a border it may get hung up longer in Customs. I try to buy from US only for that reason. Ask for a tracking number and then follow it on the web. That way you know that it has been shipped and where it is exactly.

mr1man
07-25-2006, 06:31 AM
does it make a stuttering sound, if so it may be the shutter

Maxx-Damage
07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
No shuttering sound. I replaced the striker o-ring and now have to wait to go get my tank filled. And i put oil on the striker when i had it apart.

Maxx-Damage
07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok, im bringing in my gun back to where i bought and have them fix it(life time labor and a nice warrenty:) )