PDA

View Full Version : Stock Spyder Spring..?

EliteEagleX
07-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm curious, do I need to buy a spring kit? I'm going in a few days to finally get my gun chrono'd but I don't have a spring kit I only have the stock Pilot ACS spring.. I would assume Kingman's stock spring can go down to like 275 right? Thanks in advance

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 12:11 AM
... you might need to .. you never know

You'll just havta find out the hard way ... all spyders fluctuate ... depending on how they're made cuz there are some screwups ...

If it's not to your likings ... (too high ..) try cutting a quarter of a loop at a time on the mainspring ...

Best choice is to get a springkit though

bamf-hacker
07-24-2006, 03:44 AM
Get a spring kit and bring it with you anyway. If your gun shoots hot and you can't turn it down, then you don't need to cut the stock spring. If it works and chrono's good then you can throw the spring kit in your bag until next time. You never know what the weather will do to the metal springs :)

Today you may chrono at 280fps and the next day you can be 305fps. Nature of the beast.

EliteEagleX
07-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, I bought a Shim-Kit....I'll test it later at the chrono-field

ooglieboogliebob
07-25-2006, 03:27 AM
If you have the stock shim in right are there any thinner than the stock shim ?? If not you would only be able to increase the velocity and not decrease. I think it'd be better to get a springkit ... not expensive at all either ;)