PDA

View Full Version : Tippmanns=Confusing

pb34
07-23-2006, 01:27 PM
My friend has this tippmann and i was helping him take it apart to oil some of the parts and it was extremely hard to put it bak together. Just thought i'd let everyone kno.

ROCK ON SPYDER!!

bigred76
07-23-2006, 01:29 PM
They're actually pretty easy to put back together if you know what a marker looks like inside, have common sense, and read the manual like you're supposed to. :rolleyes:

Please don't post stuff like this; it's a waste of forum space.

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Yep ... your even in the wrong section. Thats unless you believe this is "Important" news, which i really don't think it is ...

Manual FTW

druid
07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
oh sure...and I'd get a lecture about saying something to him on how "it's not very nice to chase away new members [with my attitude]{SIC}" ... :dodgy: FTW....

pb34
07-23-2006, 06:28 PM
ok sry sry...someone can delete this or tell me how to and i will

pman15
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
yup tippmanns are easy to take apart dude,espicially 98's.shoulda read the manual first before just taking some guesses on how to take apart a tippmann

Jimmyd24
07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
ur right tippmanss suck, jk, although, it did take approximately 4 hours to install my friends response trigger and cyclone feeder with all those weird adapters and air lines. did u know that to install the response tirger u actually have to have like air lines that go outside the gun its really weird

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 09:18 PM
.... yeah, it's to give air to the cyclone feed so it spins with the excess air given ...

Shoulda got e-trigger'd rather than response :undecided:

bamf-hacker
07-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Plus... on a Tippman, you should not be taking it apart. They even tell you that. Just put a few drops of oil in the ASA and fire the marker (barrel off). You can then remove the feedneck and clean there. I have even seen it done by dropping some oil by the bolt opening and that was all. Tippmans are pretty much bullet proof. Thus the rentals of them are so high.

Hob Hayward
07-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Ehh I've taken two 98c's apart for friends, they do need cleaning at some point, my friend's who's had his the longest was digusting inside, there was paint all over the place inside there, the bolt was nearly bone dry...

I think I'm gonna get him to polish his gun. I wasn't going to until I saw Sundragon's article on it. You have assume that there'll be some perforance increase because the inside of tippman bodies are disgustingly rough, the striker too.

Ace24
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Tippmans are easier then Spyders to take apart and put back together. IMO. The setup on the inside is much more simple.

vikingshadow
07-24-2006, 11:15 AM
You're joking, I know you are. Good one!

There's no way a Tippman is easier than a spyder. On a spyder, you pull a pin and slide everything out the back. You have like 7 pieces, bolt, striker, spring, spring guide and bumper and a couple of orings. You just clean it, oil it and slide it all back in again. How hard is that?

Ace24
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Its not. But the tippmans design is easy for me. Idk... Both are extremely easy.

(Although mechanics is my specialty... I was ripping apart cars at the age of 8 and putting them back together... *sigh*)

Jimmyd24
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
sure u were u damn liar, jk