PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

shunut
07-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Okay, I'm trying to find some elastic loops to hold barrels. I'm not looking for a case that has elastic loops in it just like a strip of elastic with the loops already sewn in. I'm not sure how else to describe it and have done searches on Google and Yahoo and haven't found anything. Maybe I'm not searching for the right thing, maybe they are called a different name, IDK. Any help would be appreciated.

splaturout
07-23-2006, 02:42 PM
If you go to your local fabric store...We have Michael's here. You can buy two pieces of elestic one longer than the other. Then you can just make your own. Lay the shorter one down and then measure the size of loops you want. Then you can sew your own and save a ton of money. I have do this before and it will work if you are willing to work a little bit for it.

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Try those things that go around your wrist or waist that the Pump players always use.. PM Tigerdave or go to a pump forum and they will probably send you in the right direction..

shunut
07-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don't have a sewing machine otherwise I'd be all over it. I was hoping somebody made them pre-sewn.

Hob Hayward
07-23-2006, 05:56 PM
You don't need a sewing machine...

druid
07-23-2006, 06:11 PM
dude...go to Walmart, KMart or D I C K 'S Sporting goods. Go to the hunting accessories and get a 12 gauge shotgun shell holder made from sewn elastic...

splaturout
07-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Good Idea!!!! I think it is a must if you are a paintball player to have to think outside the box. :)

shunut
07-23-2006, 07:30 PM
dude...go to Walmart, KMart or D I C K 'S Sporting goods. Go to the hunting accessories and get a 12 gauge shotgun shell holder made from sewn elastic...

Thats the kind of response I was looking for, I never thought of that. Thanks a bunch druid.

druid
07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
I am wise beyond my years...when are ya'll going to realize this? LOL!!

Anyway...splat is right. You have to think outside the sport sometimes.

Here's a hint for the stock-class guys..this same shell holder accomodates 12 grams and 10 rd tubes

shunut
07-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I was but besides my paintball guns the only gun I have ever held is a friends 9 mm. So I don't I don't know much about guns and their equipment. I did searches on everything that I thought that they could be called. Anyway thanks for your help.

druid
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
pick yer poison buddy.....

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/shotgun_cbcd.htm

bamf-hacker
07-24-2006, 04:05 AM
you can also go to a fabric store. Buy the material and any of the nice little laddies there will sew it for you. They have sewing machines there and they love to help out.

Back in the day I would go there to get stuff fixed, like pockets etc. You would be surprised what they will help you with if you are nice and smile.

I am about to go and get some lense bags made for my spare lenses.

shunut
07-24-2006, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=bamf-hacker]you can also go to a fabric store. Buy the material and any of the nice little laddies there will sew it for you. They have sewing machines there and they love to help out.
QUOTE]

They do I'm going to go check out Wal-Mart and the Arizona Shooting Club today, if I don't think what they have will work, I'll go to the fabric shop.

Thanks again everyone!