PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Xecutiv3
01-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I think I found out what was a miss on the marker, a color scheme.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Xecutiv3/PB170003.jpg
My question is, what needs to be painted, and what color. The macro and micro need to be changed unless neon green is included in the color scheme. Any suggestions?

Santy
01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
silver or black AA front and a different color bolt, black

Drefish99
01-05-2006, 12:40 PM
The black and platinum color of the body are nice. Like you said loose the green hoses. Get the AA front annoed same as the body as well as the SP on/off and drop if you intend on keeping those. If not I recommend some type of unimount setup in black. Also a QEV for your Zip KIT. Maybe even get the CP the same color as the body as well or trade it off for a gloss black one. Bolt has to go. Get something Delrin and you will lower your recocking weight and that will = less kick.

Ares
01-05-2006, 02:17 PM
u can always sharpie marker the hoses. i do it all the time when i dont have black macro

claustrophobia9
01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
holy batman, did you just buy whatever color was cheepest/in stock? i sort of like the multi color stuff.

Xecutiv3
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
To be totally honest, I did not put this marker together, I am just its Stepfather. The person who put it together was on a budget, but wanted to include timmy parts. He says he got a nasty ticket up towards Va Beach and had to pay it off. As a fluke i put in a bid on ebay for $250 half a week before it ended. I check my email one day and it says i have bill for 250. I calculated up the amount of cash the person put in to making this, Its like $300-500. so i was kinda excited about it. When i got it, it had One plastic eye cover (did me no good at all) couldnt find a replacement. Painted the ugly See-Thru grips, and spent more on getting it to work than anything else. After fiddling around with it, i hooked up some air and figured out how everything works. Shoots fine, nice smooth trigger, something like 15 bps without trying, no ramping, no problem.

Silver/Plat + Black sounds good, although instead of black macro and micro, white would flow better, It'd be awesome if i could find a Nickel Tickler. I've been thinking about changing the drop on it. Im looking into a stainless steel freak barrel, if i get one, ill probably get a black CP reg, black macro, and black unimount, this is what happens when you go too long without actually playing paintball =P

Sorry for all the Ninja Edits

ttink
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, wut kind of body is that? pretty cool looking IMO.

big_daddy_d
01-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey, wut kind of body is that? pretty cool looking IMO.
thats what I was thinking

Cakeslob
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
bones lcd? correct me if wrong

tigerdave714
01-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Just change the micro/macro to something red that would match the barrel tip. There's your color scheme.

geeZus
01-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Va Beach
My neck of the wood! Woot

Have you ever looked at a pro marker? 99.999483984302843980% of them are so mismatching it isn't even funny.

Xecutiv3
01-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Its a Surge Bonez body, purty nice looking but has some age on it and chipped in a few places

druid
01-06-2006, 09:02 AM
ok...I put some thought into this......Strip the marker down...gut the frame, reg and ASA...
1. Replace eyecovers with anything else
2. Reanno...have them strip the body, feedneck, barrel back+front, frame, reg, VA and LPC(/LPR ? can't see it well) and drop/asa
***Body - Dust Black (rear) to Dust Burnt Orange fade (front) that continues for the first 2" of the barrel-back(threads + 2") and fade from there to the threads, to black. Feedneck Orange to match...and barrel front...black at the threads to the last 3" (to the tip), make the tip Orange. Eyecovers, Black.
***Splash anno red and yellow to simulate flames 'licking" the marker
***Frame - Orange near top, faded to black at the bottom...same splash anno scheme
***Drop/ASA - Orange w/ splash
***Reg - 2 tone Orange/black in contrast to the body w/ splash
***VA - Black w/ splash

You can also make aluminum grip panels for them to anno...like the Mako Storm has..

Xecutiv3
01-06-2006, 10:28 AM
It looks like you put a lot of thought into it. I see what youre saying, but i just cant picture the splash and how that would look, and would cost $175 on FBM, which I'm willing to spend if I'm absolutely sure of it. Let me think it over

Druid kinda put "Think BIG" idea in my head, possibly a themed marker like the awesome Megaman Timmy
http://x4.putfile.com/5/15014464650.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full