PDA

View Full Version : Got my Vlocity yesterday!

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I picked one up yesterday.. My employee discount got me one for 75 Bucks flat.. NIB too.. I got the only Smoke one left.. It is SOOO Fast.. I put the ION on PSP ramping and I uped the Capp to 20 BPS.. The Vlocity was on setting 7 of 8.. It fed FLAWLESSLY.. No skips or anything.. I tryed that with my Halo it was skipping and stopping/jamming like there was no tomorrow.. As for it being "loud" when it is sitting still and on, it has a slight moan, but I could barely here it when I was shooting/playing.. Another thing I noticed about this Loader is how leight weight it is! Diffenately lighter than a Halo, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is lighter than the Egg.. I would recommend one over ANY OTHER LOADER.. The Reloader B is about the only thing that comes close to the speed, but the Vlocity has still got the weight category covered.. Well, there was my short review.. Here are the pics of it on my ION..

http://i5.tinypic.com/20rv4uf.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/20rv537.jpg

claustrophobia9
07-23-2006, 09:29 AM
looks real good, i still want to try one in person and no rip or parts for sale makes me :(

oh! battery door pics plz!

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I was knida bummed about the Rip drive thing too.. Oh Well. I think I might take it apart and look and see if I could add a Rip Drive knob and make it work..

What kind of pics of the battery door do you want?? It slides in and out like a Revvy.. But, you have to take out the screw closest to the door for it to slide back and forth..

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Here is how the battery door works:

Loosen the screw closest to the door.. It doesn't come all the way out, but it goes out as far as it is in the pic:

http://i5.tinypic.com/20rwj78.jpg

Then, slide the door forward all the way out the front:

http://i5.tinypic.com/20rwk2a.jpg

Here is a picture of how the batterys sit in the loader.. It comes with the foam that you see in the picture.. Doesn't rattle around at all with the foam in it..

http://i5.tinypic.com/20rwltz.jpg

thechubbss12
07-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Viewloader FTW!!!..

Awesome if i ever pick up another loader it will prbibly be a Vlocity....

phatphil
07-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Those are amazingly light.

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Looks nice. Im hoping to get another loader soon, but i can never come up with the money ... always keep spending it.

timmyshoota
07-23-2006, 02:16 PM
I used my VLocity today for the first time and was very impressed. My marker was as light as an A1 with a Reloader, both running 45/45s. I had it on setting 6, to be a little more gentle and it still ripped.

Cham-Pagne
07-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah vlocitys are awsome, but they do drain batterys. I just picked one up at NPPL. It work Flawlessley.

Hob Hayward
07-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Hmm I had been thing that I was gonna upgrade to the empire B when I do upgrade, but I'm not sure now, the vlocity looks better and better.

ricochet08
07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
looks great :D

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
VL FTW, as it has already been said, Lol.. I plan to only use it on settings 4-5 during play, but I was shooting 20 BPS with the ramping and I didn't want it to skip.. So, I put it on 7 or 8..

I also plan to pick up a pair of rechargable batterys for it, So I can use as much as I want and not have to buy batterys again..

Thanks for the comments guys! I also ordered some Hybrid 06 Grips yesterday and I should have them next week and I will get pics of them on the ION when they get here..

bamf-hacker
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Looking Good Shadow.

I am liking my VLocity too. I am about to go shoot some more video to show the difference between the VLocity and the Halo.

Did yours come with the wide mouth body?

Mine did not but they had some at the store so I exchanged it. Let someone else do the mod for you right :)

pman15
07-23-2006, 06:32 PM
do u like the look of it on yer ego uh I MEAN your ion

ShadowX
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Mine didn't come with any special big mouth.. I think I am going to take a dremel to it though.. Lol.. I will play with it once though, and see if I like it how it is stock..

And Pman, I was going to get an Ego, but decided to keep the ION..

claustrophobia9
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
get energizer titanium, they WILL lighten your hopper.

timmyshoota
07-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Mine didn't come with any special big mouth.. I think I am going to take a dremel to it though.. Lol.. I will play with it once though, and see if I like it how it is stock..

I played with mine today and thought about how people complained about the top being too small for loading. I spilled just as much paint as I do with a Reloader/Halo. I even thought about that the first time I filled. I was like "that wasn't nearly as bad as people said". For now I don't see a need to get a big mouth shell.

ShadowX
07-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I figured it would be that way.. Noobs complaining about gay stuff like that..