PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS bolt problems

skate_emerica
07-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I have been trying to take my ACS bolt out for upgrading to another bolt, but I can not figure out how to take the freakin' thing out. What's getting in my way is the top cocking pin. I try to twist it out I try to pull it out and nothing budges. I don't wana damage the pin by pulling on it to hard. Does anyone have a Kingman Spyder Pilot ACS that had the same problem? Can someone help me find out how to take the pin out of the top? After I get this thing out the bolt should just slide out the back of the marker.

pb34
07-23-2006, 09:50 AM
before i get flamed for giving u the answer try the search button:D

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 11:45 AM
... just pull on it as hard as possible with some vicegrips. If you can't get it like that ... pry it up ... but do it straight up so the knob doesn't get bent ...

Hob Hayward
07-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, its ridiculous how they designed the cocking pin in those... They're too frickin hard to get out....

paintballman330
07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
well mine is very easy to come out not to easy though but i dont have to rip it out and mine still stays in there real tight i guess i got a good one

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah, its ridiculous how they designed the cocking pin in those... They're too frickin hard to get out....

It's cuz they don't expect you guys to maintain your guns anytimes soon ... :dodgy:

I never really had a problem with mine ... till it broke in my bolt ... though i did mod mine to have a die on it ...

EliteEagleX
07-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't see how it's bad..... you only should strip your gun after you've fired 1000 or so pb's through it or had a day on the field. I know on JT guns they had a problem where instead of having two saftey looks (field pin AND the cocking knob) it just had a a pull pin which if you hit accidently your hammer\bolt assembly would fly out!! That would suck

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 11:51 PM
... yeah, same happens with spyders.. the cocking knob would only prevent the bolt and striker from falling out ... if the quickstrip pin fell out your spring and backplate would still pop out ....

An imagine doesn't have anywhere to hold onto ... (vizion bolts)