PDA

View Full Version : So waddaya think of this new MR?

DRAGON
07-23-2006, 03:39 AM
So waddaya think of this new MR? Wished the others had the ball detent rather than the fang rubbery thingy -

thechubbss12
07-23-2006, 06:21 AM
i thought the fang rubber thing was the same as teh timmy detent?....

Humm i think the marker is pretty cool... i just have to get used to the 3rd sub forum on the MR Series LOL....

Hob Hayward
07-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah it uses a timmy detent, but they put it in a weird spot, so modt bolts won't work with em...

The new stock and carry handle look like they tried to fic the problems people had with the MR1/2. Not being able to acctually sight up with the stock on and all.

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Don't really like the Snatch Grip. Then again i really never did, but it is removable.

And yeah, they did angle the stock down more than the MR1/2

The barrel shroud is WAY huge ...

All in all ... I wouldn't spend money to buy it, but i would want to test it out.

TheRogueGnome
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Pics?

blackrx1
07-24-2006, 10:48 AM
so after giving up on my 06 electra with the dead battery problems i traded it
in on a mr3 not sure if that was a good move or not... works fine with semi
but it breaks balls when on the full auto mode..using the same hopper as my mr2 i have an egg with z board and a vlocity the mr2 has not broke any balls at full auto yet..

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 02:02 PM
... break in the ACS bolt then ...

Woulda expected everyone to know where to look but ... here:
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/mr_series/mr3.html

blackrx1
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=ooglieboogliebob]... break in the ACS bolt then ...

if the mr3 had one then i guess a guy would:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ooglieboogliebob
07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
bleh thought you were talking about the mr2 ... keep it on semi so the eyes stay on ...

btw they should have made the eyes stay on for auto too ..... not sure what the point of that is since most starting users like the modes of auto ... and if they chop all over the place :undecided:

blackrx1
07-24-2006, 10:30 PM
[btw they should have made the eyes stay on for auto too ..... not sure what the point of that is since most starting users like the modes of auto ... and if they chop all over the place :undecided:[/QUOTE]

yes you'r right about the eyes for full auto..
new and old players alike... i have been playing paint ball since the late 80's
and use full auto most of the time or 3 shot burst if the marker has it..:)

mr1man
07-25-2006, 07:29 AM
i think it was a waste of money to produce the mr3

SundragonPPS
07-25-2006, 07:58 AM
i think it was a waste of money to produce the mr3

i'm thinking they'd have been better off initially using the ball detent on all of them rather than regressing technology using the old rubber one. they should have just put the ace on the mr2 and called it a day. mr2 is much better looking than this one imho.

TenderVittles
07-25-2006, 08:19 AM
IMO it doesn't look as good either, and I really don't like the handle. Looks like it might have a bigger shroud problem than before.

Guitar_kid99
07-25-2006, 06:17 PM
its an mr2 with eyes
big whoop

Ace24
07-25-2006, 07:50 PM
The uber large shroud is cool if you ask me. More stuff you can put on it. I would put the red dot sight on it with a displaced sight rail, then a scope up top to see my targets from a distance so I can tell where they are. I would also put a warp feeder on it with a ricochet hopper on it. All this would be $$$$ and would cost me my underwear... but I think it would be a cool concept.

Although I am going to get the MR1 and tweek it with loads of customisations...

I've actually gotten a chance to hold one. Not fire it yet... but hold it and examine it. The stock is amazing... alot better IMO then the ones prior to the MR3. The heightened sight rail/ handle is pretty useless... since the changed the bolt system since the MR1 to that tab pull system. The extra long shroud makes the sight rail about 1/3 bigger. The gun has alot of options when it comes to scenario gear/ mounted items.

Wouldnt a J&J Ceramic spyder thread like the one I have fit in the shroud? Its narrow at the point where it screws into the gun... and wide at the end...

The Doctor
07-30-2006, 09:55 AM
IMO it doesn't look as good either, and I really don't like the handle. Looks like it might have a bigger shroud problem than before.

At a big game this last weekend (July 29th), several players had MR2's tried my MR3, they all liked it... The biggest comment was the longer shroud, they liked the extra room...

Its not my opinion, just their feedback...

Also, to another previous question, I have a 14 inch J&J and it works perfectly...
As well as the BT Apex barrel...

willie_sharp_shot
07-30-2006, 02:15 PM
hahah dam thanks man thats good to here!! i decided to just go ahead and get tha 98C cause im not gonna be goin much cause skools bout to start so im leavin home and ima save a lilmoney!!! thanks to all for all the help!! duece

Spoolinup
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, fortunately, Scenario dreams will be selling the VerC T-board next month, and is completely compatible with the MR2/3 markers, utilizing the optional membrane port on the board for on/off operation...and if you haven't seen the beta testings so far on the new t board, it's very impressive to say the least...cheers to Damon. Great product, and USEABLE for the electro MR series.

Berserker
07-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I thik the MR is ok, but Tippman A-5 is waaaayyyy better.

Sandman_Bravo
08-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Just say no... to tippman.

oldnewb
08-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I thik the MR is ok, but Tippman A-5 is waaaayyyy better.

In what way? You have to buy a ton of aftermarket parts to get a Tippman A-5 to match a MR3. Let's see... electric trigger, stock, eyes, carry handle / sight rail, etc. Plus everyone knows the stock Tippman barrel is crap, so you have to figure in a replacement aftermarket barrel right away.

Don't get me wrong, Tippmans are good markers, but only as a starting platform. Most of the A-5s I see have been modded to hell, a stock Tippman is really not that impressive

TenderVittles
08-02-2006, 09:13 AM
^ True.

SpyderManMR1
08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
For all of those comments about the ball detents, I agree they are a little weird. In fact, I'm planning to replace mine because I think the VLocity is a little too much for them.

For all of those comments about the shroud, at least my J&J 14" ceramic barrel fits it.

warhammer72
08-09-2006, 09:48 PM
I am very happy with my MR3 I own an MR2 as my back up gun. It took me a while to get used the the styling but after I put on the Apex barrel it looks down right mean! It seems as though it was made more for an adult player. Its very comfortable. I've had it for a month now and I play every weekend. I have only broken 2 balls! That's shooting in all modes! I love the improvements over the MR2 the adjustable stock being most noted. I play at a field inhabited mostly by Tippys. I get lots of questions almost every day of play.

http://www.pbreview.com/comments/?rev=152186
this is my review.

Its nice to know there is a reliable alternative to a tippman.

SpyderManMR1
08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Actually, I'm a lot happier with my MR3 also. I was having serious chopping and before I replaced the ball detents (or anything else), I simply changed my force feed level to 8 (from 3 out of the box) on the VLocity. Now this thing rips!!!! Every now and then the last ball may chop in full auto because of the lack of another ball pushing it down. That won't happen in semi. Still don't know why eyes are off in full auto but I can't really complain based on this performance.

jmanz
08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Actually, I'm a lot happier with my MR3 also. I was having serious chopping and before I replaced the ball detents (or anything else), I simply changed my force feed level to 8 (from 3 out of the box) on the VLocity. Now this thing rips!!!! Every now and then the last ball may chop in full auto because of the lack of another ball pushing it down. That won't happen in semi. Still don't know why eyes are off in full auto but I can't really complain based on this performance.

My cousin just bought the MR3 and is having chopping probs. He bought a Viewloader eVLution II which seems to work out fine on the 06 electras from what we've seen. I guess I'm wondering what could cause it? Is it the ball dentents that you mentioned earlier? I know the MR3 has that elbow which the electra doesn't have so maybe a faster hopper is needed? Thanks for any help!

warhammer72
08-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Get a Vlocity and that will fix your problems set it to 3 or 4 depending on the balls u shoot.

bigred76
08-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Turning on the eyes and replacing the detents are a much cheaper solution than buying a new VLocity. I use a Zeggy (eVLution 2 hopper with Z-Board) on all of my markers and I have never had a problem unless it jammed.

warhammer72
08-23-2006, 04:01 AM
I forgot cost is an issue for some people. Might as well start with one of the best loaders on the market.

jmanz
08-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Why do the detents need to be replaced right away? This was the first test out of the box. Thanks again.

bigred76
08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Did you break in the bolt? (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4807)

warhammer72
08-26-2006, 06:14 PM
You don't need to replace your detents. They work just fine. Try using a vlocity set to 3 or 4 and you should have no breaks. Right out of the box I broke 2 balls! About a month later I broke a ball 2ft from my barrel that was due to the apex barrel. Those are the only breaks I've had to deal with. I leave my swab and squeegee in the car! Thats how reliable the mr3 is when properly set up. I use Anarchy religiously!

Mistic67
10-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I just wanted to add my thoughts as an old NewB.

The MR3 is a nice little marker. The adjustable stock adds stability, especially to someone who's used to shooting a real M4.

I'm curious as to what the internal pressure is set to (LP or HP). The stock barrel is pretty short though (10"). I've tried it with a J&J 14" Phantom, but didn't see any changes in accuracy. I think the gun's pressure is designed to use shorter barrels. It'd be nice if you could adjust the internal regulator a bit. A couple of turns on the velocity adjustment and I was shooting at 263 fps. I think I'll probably need to turn it up a little more if I switch to the J&J.

The gun has a decent weight to it. It gives you that durabile feeling like it's not an easy toy to break. The matte black finish & overall design is great for scenario playing or just straight-up woods balling. The first time I went to Skirmish, people were staring at it. Honestly, I'm surprised no one there had one.

I think I can understand why there is no eye in full auto. If you need the eye, then it really wouldn't be full auto. I am a little disappointed that the rate of fire is low (13 bps). It would be nice if it had a couple of burst modes. But, I try to think of it another way. Any field that would let you go to full auto is not going to let you shoot more than 15 bps. You can still achieve the theoretical 25 bps, but you have to be quick on the trigger. A fast hopper definitely helps!

I decided to get the best hopper I could find. It so happened that my dealer had just gotten a shipment of the new Empires. I can honestly say that I'm not disappointed. It may not be as fast as a Q-Loader, but it still rocks, as long as you program the hopper correctly. When I first programmed it to speed 6, I ripped 2 full hoppers (in full auto) without a single chop! In fact, the whole first day I only chopped twice! The first chop was at the end of the stock barrel because it was too close to the bushes. I think a small branch was probably in the tip of the barrel. The second time I chopped was because I accidentally screwed up the hoppers programming. Boy, I could definitely tell it was moving slower.

Maintenance is pretty easy. With the plastic Venturi bolt, you definitely don't want to get any oil on it, but you do want it nice & clean. I highly recommend oiling the striker o-ring. The feedneck is removable, allowing you to do a quick job in that area of the chamber. You can then do a quick couple of squeeges & follow up with a barrel wipe. In a pinch, you can do a good enough job in less than 30 seconds without removing the feedneck. The only issue is that you have to remove the stock in order to take out the innards.

The offset feedneck is nice. The stock sight is also a handle. You've got a great view through the sights. However, the angle is too low for good aiming. I'm hoping to overcome this shortfall with the Apex barrel. I was thinking of going red dot as the rail is ready.

I had read other posts & reviews before making the choice. Though, after seeing my friend's SP-8 in action, I could have easily bought that instead. All in all, it's a great gun for the money. I can't believe some guys are experiencing issues with it.

I'll probably post more thoughts on it again after I get a chance to try out the Apex. I've already seen it in action and it's totally sick!

CDog
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Think I'm gonna buy it.

artillerist90
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I know that the Delrin bolt doesn't REQUIRE oil but is it bad to put oil on it and why?