PDA

View Full Version : superfly bolt

wslysol
07-22-2006, 03:44 PM
i was wondering if a superfly bolt would help my pilot acs from uncocking?

Hob Hayward
07-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Not really, if your having recocking problems, I'd take apart your gun, clean it, lube it and put it back toghether. Also make sure your tank isn't low.

druid
07-22-2006, 03:59 PM
replace/oil the striker Oring and fill your tanks

wslysol
07-22-2006, 04:02 PM
i only used my pilot acs 3 times and i just oild the striker o ring and the o ring looks fine.

emf7301
07-22-2006, 05:08 PM
um, does it constantly uncock or just randomly like when your shooting rapidly?

If it happens randomly while your shooting rapidly, your bolt might be uncocking because the acs spring is doing it's job by preventing your bolt from chopping the ball.

The best thing to do is to try and figure out why your gun is uncocking before you go and put a new part on there.

DisIsMyUsername
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Hmmm...

I actually once had a cousin who accidently put the striker buffer in before the striker. That caused him uncocking problems obviously but he didn't know and neither did I. So I took his internals out and I was wondering where the hell was his buffer. So I look inside, and there it was...all the way in the freakin end by the valve. So...check if maybe you might of put the buffer (the black round rubber thing) before your striker, and if you did then put it in after you put in your striker. I mean hey, it could be a simple thing as that.

wslysol
07-22-2006, 06:42 PM
i checked my buffer is not in wrong and it does not uncock randomly it only uncocks when i do rapid fire.

wslysol
07-22-2006, 06:45 PM
so does anybody know if a superfly bolt would help?

Sandman_Bravo
07-23-2006, 04:50 AM
The bolt isn't responsible for cocking, the hammer is. The bolt is connected to the hammer by a pin. Take out the hammer and look at the beveled lip that the sear catches. Is it rounded over? Also you can look at the sear by removing the trigger/handgrip assembly. Is that rounded over?

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 01:09 PM
.... If it was rounded i'd expect it to start burping like hell untill you touch the bolt to make it stop.

Just cuz it "Looks" like the o-rings fine doesn't mean it always is. There can be little knicks that you won't notice that'd prevent it from recocking ... try replacing lubing. Clean and Lube the rest of your gun as needed ...

Also check for the striker buffer problem also.

EliteEagleX
07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
I basically skipped what everyone else was saying and just read the first post ? so if someone has already said this, I'm sorry. The main cause of the gun not recocking is if you're C02 freezes up (Nitrogen will NEVER do this) If you use your gun on fully automatic it will start having recocking problems however it is nothing serious just recock it... this is the down-fall of C02 next to the constant velocity drop (Note) A Derlin Bolt is lighter than the Suprfly Bolt.. so I don't see how that would ever help no matter the circumstances.