PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS Upgrades... what SHOULD I do?

EliteEagleX
07-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I already know about the universal Spyder upgrade page, but I perfer opinons of other forum members.
As of now, I have Pilot ACS.
I have added a Revolution X-Board (I had an Evolution but they break so easily!) I added an Evil Driver Barrel (Sexy) and a CCM Silver-Clamp Feedneck. And I just bought some Dye Sticky 3 Grips ESP Frame. What else should I get? I was looking at Dark Horizon's Titanium Hammers but... what's really the point of them? Anyway tell me what you guys think I should get!

emf7301
07-21-2006, 08:40 PM
pretty much most stuff beyond what you've already done is pure performance related and is heading into low pressure territory. Good info on low pressure can be found at www.ottersccustoms.com

After looking at that and searching for info about the various items for low pressure (there is plenty of info out there as long as you look) and you still have questions, at least you can ask us specific questions which is a lot less annoying than the general "what is the best upgrade" posts.

Have fun! :D

Sandman_Bravo
07-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Be careful about what you choose to install that will change dwell or other performance related characteristics. A lighter striker (titanium) will lessen recoil and enhance smoothness, but can effect velocity and re-cocking; requiring you to change springs to fine tune things. The best route is to find out exactly what makes your gun tick, i.e. how it works. Then you will have a basis from which to platform out and begin modifying.

emf7301
07-22-2006, 05:01 PM
:yeahthat: for example, i have a high flow VA, high flow Valve, a torp, and a very light striker and it took me about 2 hrs today to get my gun tuned right to the lighter-than-stock striker. I couldn't get my velocity up without going above 400 psi until i put the right valve spring and main spring combo and now i've got it running at around 300 psi at about 280 fps.