PDA

View Full Version : Spyder pilot bolt removal

stylinbeaver
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I've seen abunch of these threads and non of them helped me I don't think. I can't get the bolt out of my pilot becasue it is top cocking. The knob is on top. And I've heard people say that you got to take the quick disconnect pin off and heat that little screw in the back. But want that melt the bolt?? I just want to get the bolt out and it wont come please help.

pb34
07-21-2006, 04:18 PM
The way you can take the bolt out is by pulling the top cocking knob out. its is rather tough to pull out but with some effort and twisting you should be able to get it out. hope this helps.

stylinbeaver
07-21-2006, 06:00 PM
So just yank it out?? I've tried screwing it out but it didn't budge.

emf7301
07-21-2006, 06:05 PM
yup, just pull real hard. if you can't get it out by hand, try some pliers.

EliteEagleX
07-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I had that problem along time ago and didn't know how to get it out. You can't pull the top-cock-knob out by hand (atleast on mine) so I just used pliers which make's it alot easier.. just make sure not to loose it and HOLD the back-piece once you start pulling it out because it will spring out (Not the top-cock-pin but the bolt\hammer assembly itself)

stylinbeaver
07-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks. I couldn't get it out buy I grabbed a pair of pliers and got it out. I was wondering if they made like a different design bolt knob. Like one with a skull or a 8 ball or something. That would make it look alo better.

Sandman_Bravo
07-22-2006, 08:41 AM
no.

EliteEagleX
07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Lol, they don't make nifty cock-knobs however I remember seeing a diff cocking knob that had two ball-points so that you pushed it down then it springed upward (easier to get out).. I haven't seen that in awhile though

ooglieboogliebob
07-23-2006, 11:54 PM
.... i can make one with a skull ... gimme a skull and i'll make it ... (a bit of fees ;))