PDA

View Full Version : Macroline Kit

Jimmyd24
07-20-2006, 07:30 PM
What is the point of a macroline kit?
What do I need to buy for my rodeo in order to change it for macrolines?
Do I have to buy a new regulator that has macroline fittings?
What are the advantages of a macroline kit?
Do they work well with hpa tanks?

vikingshadow
07-21-2006, 06:27 AM
What is the point of a macroline kit?
What do I need to buy for my rodeo in order to change it for macrolines?
Do I have to buy a new regulator that has macroline fittings?
What are the advantages of a macroline kit?
Do they work well with hpa tanks?

1. It's just another way of getting the air from the asa to the gun.

2. Not sure if the Rodeo has those metric sizes or not. You'll need two macroline fittings, either 90* or straight. Then, you'll need macroline. IF the gun has those metric fittings, you need to by a "metric-to-standard" adapter. See number 3.

3. You don't have to get a new regulator, although I heard it's not all that great a reg. IF you get a new regulator and new ASA, you don't have to get the adapters for the macro fittings.

4. Easier to change, no tools needed after you install the fittings. Well, a knife or side cutters to cut the macroline to size, is all. It comes in many colors so you can match your gun. It's cheap in price (about a buck a foot.) It looks cool. No other advantages - in fact, SS braid is stronger and lasts longer, IMO, but I just like the macro better.

5. It's perfect for HPA.

bamf-hacker
07-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Keep the steel braided hose until you decide to change out your Reg. That way you don't waste money on adapters that you won't need with the other after market parts.

The Rodeo is metric, so if you do go the way of macroline, you are going to need 2 metric-standard fittings.

killerpinecone
07-21-2006, 10:09 AM
http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2943 then get the adapters from the b/s/t or av

Hob Hayward
07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
AV doesn't have the adapters anymore :(

I need one for my ASA before I can use macro.

I suggested to Hobbyhorse that he carry the metric to npt adapters, but he doesn't know where he could get them from, so if anyone knows a supplier, we could all order them from him. I've been looking for a place that sells them at all for a while now, but I'm not having any luck...

Jimmyd24
07-21-2006, 10:42 PM
is there a good reg that i can buy for my spyder that has the macro fitting built in

ooglieboogliebob
07-22-2006, 01:06 AM
.... no reg has a macro fitting built in ... some may come with one ... but i'd probably get a used boblong Torp since it's cheap

druid
07-22-2006, 04:11 AM
fittings....scroll half way down

https://palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/index.php/cPath/30_31?osCsid=9429757fc5ca1392c7e82c9ba78ec57d

Jimmyd24
07-22-2006, 11:12 AM
wut about an empire inline regulator

druid
07-22-2006, 02:13 PM
meh...don't like the look but i don't have experience with it so...someone else would have to answer that