PDA

View Full Version : What exactly IS a Barrel Break?

EliteEagleX
07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a barrel break was when the ball breaks INSIDE the barrel, not because of the bolt but because of THE barrel. And that a BOLT break (internal break) is when the bolt breaks it and it gets all inside around the bolt, my friend Rob is saying that it is not POSSIBLE for a ball to break inside a barrel therefore there are no BARREL breaks. Which one is true?

big_daddy_d
07-20-2006, 06:25 PM
barrel breaks happen when you have a bad bore to paint match where the ball is too dang big for the diameter of the barrel, or you are shooting crappy paint... Barrel breaks do happen. Imagine trying to sqeeze a hardboiled egg through a hole the size of a quarter... There's your barrel break...

Sandman_Bravo
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
yep, and the final category of breaks is the infamous hopper or blowback break. That one really sux because it covers all the balls & the inside of the hopper.

vikingshadow
07-21-2006, 06:21 AM
For the record, when a ball breaks because of the bolt, it's called a "chop" because the ball is being chopped in half by the bolt. It could be because of a slow loader or because of blowback like Sandman said.

Your friend Rob is sort of slow. Yes, barrel breaks happen! When you see paintball on tv, you see paint spraying out their barrels because it was a barrel break - the eyes on their guns keep them from chopping. The ONLY breaks (very few - pobably less than 10-15) I've had in the last 3 years were from barrel breaks, simply because eyes and anti chop bolts do their jobs.

Most paint isn't perfectly round or the exact same size. This is why when you're trying to find a ball-to-barrel match, you use several different balls and not just from the top of the bag. I usually test 5-6 balls myself. Once I find a good fit, I go one size higher just to keep from having a barrel break.

bamf-hacker
07-21-2006, 06:57 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7349/barrelbreakrd6.jpg

That is a barrel break.

vwjimmy
07-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Hacker.....where are the cool barrel spray shots???LOL