PDA

View Full Version : Radioshack= kinda ftl

Hob Hayward
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok I went to my local radioshack to get a lighter microswitch but all they had were roller and lever switches, and those didn't come in weights, so I got a lever switch and I want to do the mod to make it lighter, but I dunno where the thread telling how to do it is/would be. Anyone know where it is if there is one, or where directions are elsewhere? ( I kinda messed up my stock one, when I tried modding it without directions...)

claustrophobia9
07-20-2006, 02:50 PM
dre sells them doesnt he? and radioshack never sold them to my knowledge, they sell magnets tho

Team Ramrod
07-20-2006, 02:58 PM
rat shack sells normal switches, in 250g. thats all, no lighter ones, you have to mod them yourself (which your doing) Im not sure where the thread is telling you how to mod it is but ill edit with it if i find it. just bend the lever inside the switch towards the middle of the switch so it lightens the spring, but still returns.

TheRedBarron
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Was it not on Otters site? Dunno about you but that would be the first place I looked.

Team Ramrod
07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, i looked there. He's got some other trigger mods, but not the one on modding the switch. It was on the old boards and might have gotten lost when they went down. Maybe they're still on Dragons or Dre's comp (or whoever made the tutorial.)

vikingshadow
07-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe I should make up a tutorial if we can't find the other one. I've done this a dozen times or more - really simple to do and since I'm home, I could do it. We'll see tomorrow!

durrell
07-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah it's really simple. Awesome mod though.

Hob Hayward
07-20-2006, 07:21 PM
rat shack sells normal switches, in 250g. thats all, no lighter ones, you have to mod them yourself (which your doing) Im not sure where the thread is telling you how to mod it is but ill edit with it if i find it. just bend the lever inside the switch towards the middle of the switch so it lightens the spring, but still returns.

Thing is I don't know which lever it is :(. And I don't want to find out the hard way.

MatthewTheTheif
07-20-2006, 08:01 PM
i remember something about bending the spring or something...

leed
07-20-2006, 09:18 PM
the rat shack switches I found were too big. And it's all they had.. But I wasn't looking for one for a spyder.

UKwithPride
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Dragon had a sticky how to do it on the old boards. You just pop open the switch and bend the little metal tab inside of it.

vikingshadow
07-21-2006, 06:11 AM
You guys don't have to buy a new switch to do this mod. Just use your old one - it's not that tough and really hard to screw up. I'm still looking for Dragon's old post, but will make a thread later today if I can't.

Hob Hayward
07-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Yeah, Bigred told me to look for dragon's thread on it, but I couldn't find it.

A single pic of pointing to the right "metal tab" would be all thats really necissary. I'd do the mod to my old one, but I tried stretching the spring to lower the activation weight, which didn't work too well...

Thanks so far though :)

vikingshadow
07-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I added the thread here (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=58795&posted=1#post58795). I think I got everything, but my kids kept bugging me, so if I missed something, let me know!

Hob Hayward
07-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks vike! Though in the end I didn't use my new switch, I found that my stock modded one is uber light, the weight of the trigger is practically enough to psuh it down if I have the return spring out... I'm gonna try the correct way though with my newer switch...