PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Pump Question

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 08:33 AM
OK QAZ got one for ya. how come the ball rolls out of the barrel when I tilt it forward. Is that a cocker thing I just have to live with? What about ball detents.

I had some really good open shots on some guys and went to shoot and forgot about holding up right. No ball...but i did scare them with my little POP.

OtterSC
01-05-2006, 08:36 AM
sounds like the paint was small for the barrel. try purchasing a barrel that is right for the paint.

old school trick.... add nail polish to the inside of the barrel to keep the ball from rolling. just enough of a ring. do not coat the inside of the barrel. any color will do.

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
*cracks knuckles*

The reason ball's are rolling out of your barrel is cause you have a bad paint to barrel match. With cocker's and any close bolt marker the ball is sitting on the edge of the barrel before it is shot. If the barrel you are using is say a .689 barrel and you are using paint that is rated .684 your going to have rollout's cause there is nothing holding the ball back cause it fit's so loose.

My suggestion is to either buy a barrel kit and with it being for pump play I would suggest the freak kit as sometimes you might need that .679 insert!

Either that or pick a better paint that fit's tighter in your existing barrel!

What barrel are you using now and what paint were you using?

JB.

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Dohh.. Otter beat me.

This whole long detailed post thing just isn't for me!

JB.

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 08:51 AM
using a 14" JJ Ceramic Chrome/Red barrel and using X-Ball Silver as paint

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Well the J & J is probably a .688 and your xball paint is a small .684 .686. I would suggest doing the nail polish mod till you can get a barrel kit.

Try looking for a cocker threaded freak barrel and just start off with one insert like one of the two smaller one's. IMO

Hey I'm gonna try and make it down to Dalton, GA for those limited paint scenario games this summer I'll give you a hollar if I plan on making it to one!

JB.

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I am going to try to make some this year. we have taken on a small sponsership with a team that will allow us to get out of the pro-shop more. They come and ref and clean up and we get to do other things. So maybe I can get out some this year.

Any time you get in North Alabama holler at me. We are 2 hours from Nashville. My brother lives in Linden, TN. he drives 2.5 hours every weekend to come work the fields.

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh really I'm like three hour's from Nashville but I play there like every other month with other pump player's either at Nashville Paintball Sport's in Lebanon, TN or at Red River Paintball games in Clarksville, TN. That's where my stock class team is located and I go down there to practice pump play with them all the time!

I'll hit you up next time I head that way.
JB.

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Quick question. What is the "official" name of my pump? Is it a cocker pump or Sniper or what? I am trying not to sound like a dork when I talk about it. I know for sure it is not stock class.

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
It is what you call a Sniper 2. The first Sniper would be one from a long time ago or one that was originally a Sniper and not an autococker (I'm not sure if I'm correct on this or not). Then there is a Sniper 3 which is an autococker with a mini'd body with a pump kit on it!

Your's is a Sniper 2.
JB.

Warnichek
01-05-2006, 10:13 AM
thanks

tigerdave714
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Wow, where have I been?! A whole discussion on a marker I actually own, and I had no part in it (thats what I get for spending all day at work).

Anyway... just to beat the proverbial dead horse... I'll ad my 2 cents. I had the same roll-out problem with my Sniper2 when I first got it. I have a cocker-threaded detent installed but the paint was just way too small. I bought a Freak barrel kit and it solved the problem completely.

If you're looking for another oldschool trick fix, you could also try electrical tape. Put a small strip all the way around the inside lip of your barrel, right where the paint enters from the chamber. One of my team mates was having roll-out issues during a tournament. After 2 games he was ready to throw his marker away and never look back, but a little electrical tape saved the day. Just be sure to clean it extremely well to get the sticky stuff out if you ever take the tape off.

So in case no one else has thought to ask... can we see some pictures of this Sniper?

QAZ123
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
See I was giving a little lead time to post just to see if you were gonna jump on and reply. I think I waited a whole six minutes for somebody else to answer each time a question was asked!:D

JB.

Warnichek
01-06-2006, 11:12 AM
This weekend I will take pictures of it. Hosting it and posting them will be fun because this will be a first for me. But never-the-less I will get some pictures of it. The Cobra sticker adds soooo much accuracy to the gun along with cool factor.

QAZ123
01-06-2006, 11:13 AM
www.imageshack.us
www.tinypic.com

Both of them are a piece of cake to use!

JB

Warnichek
01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
my pictures are finally up on the picture pages thread.

Warnichek
01-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I will keep this thread going instead of opening another one.

1. What size 12 gram quick change will I need to fit on my Sniper II? (where the gas thru grip is )

2. Where can I get a Stock Class Feed tube for it? How much will that run me?

3. Shoud I mount the 12 gram quick change somwhere else and leave the red gas thru? I would like to add a stock for shoulder fire. Opinions let me hear 'em

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 09:18 AM
12 gram changer should be universal you will need to get an adapter that goes into the asa then the changer just screw's into the adapter in most cases!

You can either make one out of pvc pipe or CCM, maybe wevo or whitewolf keep them in stock I believe! I'd just make one in my opinion!

I it was mine and I knew how to mess with spring's I would mount it right where the gas through is but I don't so in your case I would by a stock that also has a asa on it or can mount an asa on it and just mount the 12 gram changer like that imo! I'll get pic's of what I'm talking about shortly as it was hard to explain but I'm at work right now!

JB.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Like Dave's Sniper 2!
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/6984/203194228808ww.jpg

But if I had that I personally would run a 3.5 oz tank or a 7-9 oz no bigger!

JB.

tigerdave714
01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Yep, thats my girl. I keep trying to sell her but no one will ever be willing to pay what I think she's worth (which is only a fraction of what I've spent on her so far) so it looks like Im stuck with her. That stock is a Lapco, and its the best stock I've ever used short of the CCI stock on a Phantom. Handles easy and it works great with any of my tanks. Doesn't matter if Im using the 3.5oz, the 12oz, or the 47/3000... they all fit just fine. The only drawback is the fact that there's no place to mount an on/off valve.

If you're using a 12gram changer though, I would recommend mounting it directly to the vertical adapter ASA (like on the VSC Phantom). In my experience, 12grams tend to perform better if you route them through as little plumbing as possible, and they would also be more efficient in the vertical position than mounted horizontal under a stock. Just get a CCI changer from Otter or Wevo.

There are rumors floating around SCP and PBN that the previous owner of Action Markers (the company that made my stick feed, pictured above) might put out another limited run of them. If so, they'll be angel-threaded and they will probably cost about $40 shipped. Palmers makes a clamp-on stick feed that should fit almost any marker you can imagine, but again it will run you about $40. I've seen several people buy the CCI Phantom feedblocks, tubes, and ballgates and then modify them to fit Cocker bodies. If you're handy with a tap and don't mind tinkering, that might be a good option. Not sure about how much that would cost though.

Best of luck.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
The only drawback is the fact that there's no place to mount an on/off valve.
Does the duckbill asa not come off the stock?

Yeah you should just keep it anyway Dave it's pretty darn unique! I'd get a simpler reg though seem's like those ans reg's are sweet when they work but are a pain when they don't! Nonetheless I think you should just hold onto it!

JB.

phatphil
01-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Actually I think the duckbill is 1 piece with the stock, not positive on that though.

OtterSC
01-25-2006, 03:52 AM
correct. the way Lapco makes it, the duckbill and stock are all one piece and not able to be seperated.

tigerdave714
01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Sorry guys, but you're wrong. The stock, drop block, and duckbill are individual pieces. The stock is made with two positions to mount the block, and the duckbill is removable. It's cut so that no other duckbill or ASA would fit, but removable none the less.

Recon by Fire
01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
I concur :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/doublenot7/Paintball/DSCF0005.jpg

phatphil
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Did they used to make it as one piece? Maybe a year or two ago? I could have sworn I saw/read that in an old magazine.

tigerdave714
01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
They have 2 different models. One is a shoulder stock and the other is a dropforward. Maybe the drop is one-piece, but all the stocks Ive seen are adjustable.

QAZ123
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey Warnicheck and Dave ya'll going to the limited paint stick feed only scenario game in Dalton, GA in Feb? I'm thinking about going if I have the fund's I probably will!

JB.

tigerdave714
01-26-2006, 08:49 PM
I didn't know about it, but I doubt I can make it. When is it?

QAZ123
01-27-2006, 05:26 AM
http://http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?showtopic=11766
I don't think I'm gonna make it though I don't think I can afford to go to this in Feb and then head up to Fort Wayne, IN for Chemical X's free pump day but it look's like it would be pretty cool though!

JB.

Warnichek
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I won't be able to make it. I have tried to get me a figure on how much it is going to be to get to stock class. Just don't know about how much a 12 round feed tube will be. I have not resaerched it yet. Kinda lazy this week. I have all the other stuff priced though. Gonna be around $250 with a tube harness, quick changer and stock & I estimated $40.00 for the feed tube. Is that correct?

tigerdave714
02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
If you buy a Palmers clamp-on feed tube, $40 is about right. You can make your own if you dont mind getting crafty.

Just to give you a head start though, I've got a suspender style harness up for grabs. $20 shipped and its yours. I'll even through in a handful of tubes and speedcaps to get you going.

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 06:25 AM
You can make your own dirt cheap! If you need instruction's I can send you a link!

I don't think I'm going to make it either now that I think about it! Too many other commitment's and I got a pump event upstate IN in March and a pump tourney local in April so I'm already starting to get tied down with event's!

Look's like fun though but gotta watch my budget this year!

JB.

Warnichek
02-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I think if I make it I will need the diameter of the feed neck on my gun and how to make it stay on tight, i guess. From there it may not be that hard to put together.

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Buy a 90 degree elbow! Attach one side to gun breach. Attach other side to 3/4" pvc pipe of your length. Only other thing you need is a feed gate!

Here's one way! (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?showtopic=11502)

And here's an actual piece you can buy!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/gerglmuff/Paintball/e146c86f.jpg

JB.

Warnichek
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
what size elbow? 3/4" ?

QAZ123
02-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Hmmm.. dunno! Take it with you to a hardware store and size it up! Either that or you could use an actual paintball elbow!

JB.

Warnichek
02-03-2006, 01:29 PM
never thought of that! duh for me. I will try that in the morning when I get to the field. But the only thing is that they are 45* I will try to take it down the road to the gas/hardware store.