PDA

View Full Version : delrin bolt for the MR1

QuiGonKen
07-19-2006, 11:04 PM
just wondering if its worth picking up? like what would be the difference on it? would it have a difference?

thanks
-QGK

yamaha cow
07-20-2006, 07:42 AM
people either search or explore around this has allready been talked about.

Hob Hayward
07-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Well, a delrin bolt will reduce the kick a bit, and reduce wear on the inside of the marker, also you never need (or should) lube a delrin bolt.

Frat
07-20-2006, 09:15 AM
My delrin bolt has orings and requires lube but as above, you have less mass moving around on the inside of the gun which means less recoild and easier recocking.

Hob Hayward
07-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Right, if it has o-rings, you'll need to lube them, but not the bolt itself, not worth the risk of swelling up the bolt.

TheRogueGnome
08-04-2006, 11:34 AM
anyone have pics of a delrin bolt?

chompy
08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
i have the delrin bolt for the mr1, but not the low blow one. does anyone have experience with both? i feel that the regular delrin bolt gives more consistant fps when you shoot because of the angled air inlet and my 16oz co2 tank seems to last longer

Supernaut
08-20-2006, 02:08 PM
The lighter bolt also saved on the air required to reach a certain FPS.

chompy
08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
i tend to chop more balls with the delrin bolt and im using a progressive '06 barrel with pmi stingers. does anybody else have this problem? i switched back to the stock bolt and it was fine. i use the silver spring (medium) from 32 degrees and my gun is chronoed at 280 fps if that is any useful information to my problem

Mr.Spyder
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Can I have a link to the Delrin Bolt?

Thanks

chompy
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
iono if linking is allowed, but search for alamo city paintball and its under kingman. i think the problem is due to the groove for the rubber ball stopper. the new bolt doesnt have as long a groove.....maybe that could be a problem?

kamikazi_Stupid
09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Chompy

I am using an MR1 with a Delrin bolt "Low Blow" on a progressive 06 barrel and I do also chop balls, too. When I switch to the stock MR1 barrel no problems.

So you and me both brother.

What I think the problem is:
The 06 progressive is too long so the low blow bolt hits the inside of the barrel and makes the ball chop. The delrin bolt likes to have a shorter barrel and works betters, too. When I switch to the stock barrel the gun was shooting like a dream. Change to a 12" or 14" progresive or all american.

But then it started to rain. Chops ahoy.

chompy
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
i switched back to the stock bolt and kept the progressive barrel, and now i dont have ball chops. not sure what im chronoing at but i can hit one of those small gatorate all star bottles (12 oz) at 40 ft

DRAGON
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Chompy

I am using an MR1 with a Delrin bolt "Low Blow" on a progressive 06 barrel and I do also chop balls, too. When I switch to the stock MR1 barrel no problems.

So you and me both brother.

What I think the problem is:
The 06 progressive is too long so the low blow bolt hits the inside of the barrel and makes the ball chop. The delrin bolt likes to have a shorter barrel and works betters, too. When I switch to the stock barrel the gun was shooting like a dream. Change to a 12" or 14" progresive or all american.

But then it started to rain. Chops ahoy.

If the bolt is spinning the ball, the balls need to be smaller than the bore of the barrel. If anyone plans on buying one of those bolts, they may as well plan on buying a large bore barrel as well. If the balls and barrel are a perfect match, the bolt trying to spin the ball causes breaks. The balls literally need to roll through the barrel for this bolt to work. Spinning balls is just a gimmic IMO. Balls may go further but you have this breaking prob and accuracy can go down the drain as well. Stick to regular bolts for the best results -

chompy
09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
the pmi stingers i use were told to me by the pb store guy to be the best paint to bore match for the progressive 06. it could have something to do with the case of paint i have...i left it in the trunk of my car for 4 hours with 90+ degree heat outside. i can blow the paintballs out of the barrel from the feedneck without much difficulty so i have a pretty good match

DRAGON
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
You didn't read a thing I posted there did you? lol - :dodgy:

chompy
09-13-2006, 01:08 AM
well the pb's have a loose fit and the progressive 06 is 14 inches long. i prefer the stock barrel cause it looks nicer since my progressive is silver. i use the delrin bolt with 2 o-rings not the low blow one