PDA

View Full Version : Which is the easiest way to oil the Spyder?

EliteEagleX
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Just curious.. I hate taking off the grips which I have to to get the bolt and hammer out, I normally oil the Hammer O-ring since the bolt has no o-rings, I also every 800 shots drop about 2 drops of PMI oil into the bottom-line asa to lube up the internal valves and o-rings and dry fire it ten times w\o the barrel....what about you guys?

Hob Hayward
07-17-2006, 10:03 PM
You don't need to take the gripframe off to get the striker/bolt out. Just take out the pull pin in the back and the parts should all come out... To get them back in fire the gun when the bolt gets stuck (w/o co2...).

I usually strip the gun down after every day of play. But putting oil in the ASA works fine.

EliteEagleX
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
No... on the Pilot ACS you have to take off the grip and press that thing in to make the SEAR go down so you can remove the HAMMER which is attached to the Bolt...It wont' come out unless I press the thing inside the e-grip (think it's called a striker) UPDATE* Nevermind.. I just found out that you can put it back in by reading what you wrote lol, thank's dude this make's it a ton easier!!! :)

DRAGON
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
If you hate maintaining a Spyder you'd be disgusted in maintaining a Tippmann 98c -

ooglieboogliebob
07-18-2006, 01:38 AM
... Meh i'd rather take the gripframe off ... cuz after a while day of play ... you dunno what could be down there ....i usually take everything apart so i can run a squeegee/cloth through the body to make them squeeky clean ... :p ... then clean the internals, change o-rings, lube, put em back in ...

EliteEagleX
07-18-2006, 05:31 AM
What do you mean EVERYTHING, do you mean the valve's as well? Must be a pain, I don't mind maintencing mine my friend has a regular Pilot and the other one has a TL-X, they never ever maintence or oil their guns yet they still work fine. I however, believe in maintence.

ooglieboogliebob
07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
yep, the valve too. Better that way since you know everythings clean as can be ...

vwjimmy
07-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I would pull the grip to check inside the frame, pull out the bolt and striker, clean both tubes, the striker and bolt, buffer nd springs, and oil ONLY the striker o-ring.....then reassemble
I never check the valve unless I have a leak or had a breach break....
and def break it down like this after EVERY use....game or backyard....:D

EliteEagleX
07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Is the valve easy to take out?

druid
07-18-2006, 08:59 PM
dude...you don't have to take the valve out every time...that's a royal PITA....

ooglieboogliebob
07-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Not really, all you need to do is take the frame off, gold screw out, then squeegee to push it out ...

:shrug: ... im different :p

bamf-hacker
07-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Just make sure you watch the direction the valve comes out so you put it back in the same way.

One of the holes is larger

ooglieboogliebob
07-19-2006, 10:04 AM
yeah... larger hole goes towards LPC ... smaller goes towards striker