PDA

View Full Version : taking the gun apart

Guitar_kid99
07-17-2006, 09:48 AM
how do i take the bolt and striker and buffer and t knob out?
i have never taken a paintball gun apart before and i dont want to screw up my gun and i need to learn this because i am going to be our team mechanic

wylde01
07-17-2006, 11:20 AM
ok on the back left of the gun there is a little bolt type thing there, you pull that out while holding on to the round knob in the back. pull that out and then pull on the t bar like your going to cock the gun.(after that i normally put a squegie through the front and push so that the bolt and striker can come out) i think that in order to get the t bar out you have to take off the sight rail and unscrew the piece underneath.( i would suggest that you dont mess with that unless you really have to.

if you have anymore questions i will try to help!

Guitar_kid99
07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
if i pull out the bolt will it mess up the spring in the t bar when i put the bolt back in?

ooglieboogliebob
07-17-2006, 12:11 PM
... Use your manual ... if not

http://kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html

They're pretty much the same.

Guitar_kid99
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
ok and how do i take the trigger frame off
are there any springs or anything that will fly off the trigger if/when i take it off?

bamf
i looked in the manual i justed wanted to be in the safe side

ooglieboogliebob
07-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Newp, no springs. Just take it off with ease ... :)

The only part with springs that really POP out when you take them out is the VA spring and the striker spring.

Other than maybe your sightrail ...

Command2A
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have the manual for the MR2 (pdf format)?

tehaines
07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have the manual for the MR2 (pdf format)?

Check here: http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams_manuals.html

Jarhead
07-28-2006, 03:41 AM
My biggest advice is take the gun apart on a white towel. It makes the peices easier to see, plus they will not roll away like they would on a table. Nothing is worse than looking for the spring that was there a minute ago.
Other than that just do it slowly and lay yhe pieces out by the way they came out of the gun.

The videos are a good way to learn. The guns are similiar and will give you a good idea what to expect

new_Faction64
07-28-2006, 08:21 AM
I'd REALLY ADVISE NOT TO TAKE OUT THE T-BAR. You need to unscrew the sight rails on top to do this (I think) and from the threads here on Spyder.tv, it's supposedly difficult to reinstall because of it's design. It's not really nessesary anyway.

BTW don't fret about taking about the striker, buffer, and bolt, it's very simple and easy.

Command2A
07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I managed to strip the marker completely for cleaning and replaced a worn O-ring on the hammer. Put it all back no problems (no leaks) works just like new again. Thanks for manual guy's.

:-)