PDA

View Full Version : Did Spyder barrel threading change at some point?

meruhl
07-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Bought a barrel from a small manufacturer on ebay, and it doesn't fit either my Xtra or TLR. Told the manufacturer, and he said it is a Spyder barrel with Spyder threads "at least as of a few years ago".

Did Kingman change the threading of their barrels at some point?

thechubbss12
07-17-2006, 06:20 AM
I think the threads on the older older markers... such as the Hammer series had diffrent threads (correction?)....

He probibly was just stupid or uninformed about the barrel and just listed the only threads he had known about....

meruhl
07-17-2006, 06:23 AM
I think the threads on the older older markers... such as the Hammer series had diffrent threads (correction?)....

He probibly was just stupid or uninformed about the barrel and just listed the only threads he had known about....This is a known and reputable airsmith and after-products manufacturer. He's neither stupid nor uninformed, although I'm a little disappointed that he sold me something that he may have known might not work for me (depending on the age of my markers).

He has agreed to refund me. The reason I ask is to determine just how old this barrel may be.

meruhl
07-17-2006, 06:30 AM
A little more information:

This new barrel is very similar to my other Spyder barrels, except that there are a couple more turns to the threads, and they may be spaced a little broader.

This guy is also selling these barrels with Cocker threads. My first thought was maybe he sent me one of those by mistake. But I don't know what Cocker threads look like.

meruhl
07-17-2006, 07:38 AM
<bumped for attention>

EliteEagleX
07-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Hm.. Cocker Threads and Spyder Threads are quite different.. I don't think Spyder threads ever changed... It could be for an old Piranha at the start of that line of guns they had CLOSE to spyder threads but not exact if I remember correctly

ShadowX
07-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Actually eagleX, they are pretty easy to get mixed up. cocker threads also have more threads than spyders..

i think he may have sent you a cocker barrel by accident..

Chris Cole
07-17-2006, 09:02 AM
I have screwed my Freak back into my Hammer with no problem whatsoever.

meruhl
07-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Actually eagleX, they are pretty easy to get mixed up. cocker threads also have more threads than spyders..

i think he may have sent you a cocker barrel by accident..That's what I think, too. Thanks.

bungeye
07-17-2006, 08:23 PM
at the field here, i got an old cocker barrel, real old barrel. it looked like it has spyder threads, but it was for old cockers, maby you have and old cocker barrel. as it looked real similay, its just that spyders are metriv, like the diameter is the size, imperial (cockers etc) have the diameter and then TPI and so on. so try the barrel on an old cocker.

meruhl
07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, I took the barrel to the local pb store at lunchtime today, and tried to screw it into a Matrix: it didn't fit. Then we tried it in an Xtra, and it fit. So I'm going to have to try it again with my Xtra and TL-R. :dodgy: