PDA

View Full Version : New Electra 06 accuracy problem

TStites
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
I have a new Electra I have Tried several brands of Paintballs, and I bought a Odyssey barrel kit. I can not get the gun to shoot straight. I have not Chrono the gun yet so I do not know at what fps I am shooting. the only other gun I have owed is a Xtra so this is my first Electric gun, and the first gun with a regulator. can some one point me at some good links or give me some Ideas. is there any good books that I can read to help me understand how every thing works and what effects what.

bamf-hacker
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I really would Chrono your marker. If it is shooting hot (above 300) it can really effect the paintball as it flys. I once read than above 300fps the ball can actually deform as it comes out of the barrel, and an egg will never fly straight ;). If you need a Chrono I have one for sale. Just PM me. I have not listed yet in the B/S/T.

TStites
07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
well I guess I need to turn it down I lowerd the regulator down to 500 thinking that would do it but I guess I was wrong I will try adjusting at the back of the Gun.

SharpObjects
07-17-2006, 08:25 AM
When I bought my Electra, the guy at the shop told me to keep it cocked for at least a week to get the velocity down, because Spyders always shoot hot new. That way I wouldn't need to cut the spring, or buy a spring kit just to lower the fps. Hope this helps

ShadowX
07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
When I bought my Electra, the guy at the shop told me to keep it cocked for at least a week to get the velocity down, because Spyders always shoot hot new. That way I wouldn't need to cut the spring, or buy a spring kit just to lower the fps. Hope this helps

This is why you don't listen to the bonehead guy at the, so called, "Pro-shop".. :dodgy:

TStites
07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
so are you just going to make a smart**** remark or are you all so going to tell us why.

SharpObjects
07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Watcha mean? Every Spyder anyone of my friends has bought always shoots hot, sometimes even 320 fps. So why not leave it cocked for a while? Explain.

Plus, I know this guy, he knew what he was talking about. He wasn't just some new guy on the job BSing me.

bamf-hacker
07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I am guessing it would take some time to compress the spring enough to lower the velocity.

I agree with you on the hot shooting out of the box. I would recommend a spring kit before keeping your bolt cocked for a week.

KVpaintball
07-17-2006, 10:02 AM
when i first got mine spyder electra i chrono it ,it was about 320 now it only goes up to 260 y is that? is there any way i can get it up to 300 any more?