PDA

View Full Version : Emergency please help

TStites
07-16-2006, 08:51 AM
I was testing my new Electra with my new barrel kit. when a ball broke inside and jammed the bolt. it is stuck forward. I am not sure I should take it a part there is still air in the regulator. how do I get the air out safely. so I can take the gun apart. I know the answer it probably out there in another forum, and I will look for it but I really want to get back to firing the gun and not reading. so Please forgive me for asking a question that has been covered several times

vikingshadow
07-16-2006, 08:55 AM
You should be able to take something like a rubber mallet and knock the bolt back by hitting the pin. Then you can pull the pin and slide the bolt out, leaving the striker in place.

TStites
07-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I am not sure what pin you are talking about the pin that connects the striker and bolt is in side and I can't get to it with out knocking out the bolt. when I do that isnít all the ear in the regulator going to shoot every thing out for give me I am new to all this my Xtra never had any problems.

TStites
07-16-2006, 09:23 AM
thanks, I gave the cocking pin a couple of taps with the rubber malet, and it freed it up. I dry fired the gun to get the air out now I can take it a part and clean it. thank you very much!!

Hob Hayward
07-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Well technically you could half strip it under pressure, but that would be pointless in your situation.

colonel_moo
07-16-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, you can take the bolt/striker out under pressure if you needed to.