PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS Cocking Knob. Ejected and Lost

havoc_r
07-15-2006, 08:53 PM
For some reason my cocking knob keeps getting ejected while shooting the marker.

Does anyone know why it keeps coming out?

And does anyone know of an online store where I can order a new one?

Hossy
07-15-2006, 09:05 PM
i think u can tighten it a little at the end of the bolt, ive heard that, idk tho.

i think u might just have to order a new bolt, for find someone online here that is selling one that could maybe give it to u

DRAGON
07-15-2006, 09:34 PM
There's a set screw at the back of the bolt. Just inside of that is a spring then ball detent. If the spring isn't tense enough on the ball, the pin will keep falling out. Try an allen wrench and turn the set screw clockwise to make the spring more tense on the detent. If that doesn't work, contact kingman and they'll most likely resolve this. -

aintnophun
07-18-2006, 11:54 AM
call this number
Toll Free: 888-KINGMAN
Tel: 626-430-2300
Fax: 626-851-8530

I tried too tighten that screw with the advice of a fellow forum member and still couldn't tighten it so just call the number

STRIKEFIRST
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Be thankful some have vibrated so tight you can't get your pin out!

aintnophun
07-18-2006, 12:12 PM
this is a link to a place to buy the part u need.
http://www.paintballgi.com/browseproducts/Striker-Knob-for-Spyders.HTML

aintnophun
07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I finally got tired of the cocking knob and super glued it in. of course I had to cut the back little bridge above the plug and my plug is broken so now i can remove the bolt without the knob having to be removed. It has worked great so far!:)

sidekick
08-08-2006, 06:24 AM
I had the same problem with my gun. This just started. I found two thing, the cocking pin was hitting the frame and that the base of the pin is tapered. It is onlt a few .001" from the base to the top, but it is enough to allow the pin to rock back and forth and wallow the hole in the bolt. To solve my problem I installed a slightly longer spring. The spring is coil bound and the detent ball does not move. I do have to back off the set screw to get the pin out, but that's alright with me.
First chance I get I'll make me a pin out of stainless steel, it will be just a bit taller and with better tolerances.

Sandman_Bravo
08-08-2006, 12:11 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3579&highlight=cocking

sidekick
08-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the tip. I guess it need to float a bit or it will snap off.