PDA

View Full Version : Stupid People

splaturout
07-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I just watched a guy fall over (that was funny) :D off his bike on the sidewalk in front of me. I first thought he hit something or turned funny (it was a racing bike, you know the bikes that have tires as thin as pencils) because he slid off. Well instead it turns out that because we are having 100 degree pure sun weather here in MN, that our bodies do not like to be over exerted (sp?) I am guessing he was not drinking enough but come on it is hot today and us MN people don't like it. Is there anyone here that thinks that someone like that kinda derserves to have a few scratches/stitches for being so dumb?

Side note: He is ok just a few stitches from the paramedics and he got a free ride home I assume.

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 01:02 PM
sure he should have planned ahead, but i dont think we should be laughing at him for having a heat stroke on your property

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 01:08 PM
i think its funny if hes ok. btw, your right, it is hot! i was just out fishing today...not fun.

splaturout
07-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Not my property....at the park! Do I look like a humanitarian. I am a huge fan of Darwinism!!!

Where did you fish...I fished this morning...Squaw Lake (Somerset WI)

edit button is there, use it :dodgy:

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 01:14 PM
sorry, when you said infront of you, i was assuming infront of your house. my mistake.

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 01:21 PM
deer lake: wisconsin this morning
and
my backyard 35 acre lake: st.paul suburb 10 minutes ago

is your lake close to st.croix falls or hudson?

vikingshadow
07-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Yay for fishing!

I went yesterday morning (too blessed hot in the afternoons anymore - even the fish aren't coming out) to a crap lake, well, more like a pond, but it's at the city park. My youngest caught a couple bluegill, I caught a turtle and a sunburn, and my oldest learned a lesson in patience, but still didn't catch anything....

splaturout
07-15-2006, 01:27 PM
It is closer to hudson...cross 36 bridge in stillwater and go to somerset...I am about 5 min outside the river's edge (the place where most ppl tube the river)

Do you have a place on Deer Lake?

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 01:31 PM
yup, kirby used to also until he died.

thats sucks vike. i never get skunked cus im so good...:dodgy:

splaturout
07-15-2006, 01:38 PM
yea...family friends own 5 cabins on that lake...Blakeman...do you know them? They are in the corner where everyone muskie fishes. We used to run into Kirby now and then when we would fish. I thought he had sold it 5 yrs ago before he died...at least that is what the tax record says. They have a greenish cabin right ON the lake, a blue cabin, a yellow cabin, a smaller green cabin, the orginal farm house (off the lake) and a huge garage/storage shed on 10 acres. It is really fun. That is where I first played paintball and fell in love with it. Great place to go, drink beer, fish, and play with paintball stuff.

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 01:46 PM
my cabin is bordering the land with the farmhouse. then i think they sold it. so they are the second cabin down now it think. i remember sneaking over to their basketball court and playing there. lol, thats so funny that they live next to us

Edit: the basketball net is right by the big garage and baseball field, i dont know if they put it up before or after you were last there.

vikingshadow
07-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, I chalk up my 0 fer to hot weather, a complaining daughter and having to constantly bait hooks - daughters and fishing are interesting. Well, daughters and BAIT are interesting!

I used to fish every Saturday when I was younger, but fell out of the practice in college. I started back up again this summer - it's really a good time...

ooglieboogliebob
07-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Yearp ... fishing is pretty cool. I have a few lakes where you can catch big pikes, sunnies, bluegills ... but takes a while to actually catch em ... havta catch live minows hook them by the lower lip .. (or you might kill it in the upper ... (brain)) .. and let it swim a bit far off shore so a fish sees it and snaps at it ... but as soon as the minnow dies ... you gotta get another ... (Lake waterford)

Usually go to a different lake with firsttimers cuz they get fustrated when they don't catch anything .. :p ... you can catch small sunnies, bluegills ... Then you can always go in the water to catch small -> BIG snappers ... but we don't reccomend it ... ;) Painter turtles, Kuder turtles ... awesome stuff in that lake ... (downs park)

splaturout
07-15-2006, 03:02 PM
That is funny that you live next to them. They only have the green cabin, and the blue one now. They sold the rest of them after grandma passed away. She was the original owners of them all. They still go up there but not as much. The family is all over the place now. What a small world.