PDA

View Full Version : immigrents

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 09:53 AM
im sick of all the immigrants from mexico that dont know how to speak english..

i just called my phone insurance company to complete a claim and it took me about an hour just because the person couldnt properly talk english!! they talk WAY too fast and with horrible accents while only pronouncing half of the words correctly. I kept having to say "what" "talk slower" and so fourth.

what do you guys think about this?

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 09:57 AM
a about a month ago when i was working for a contractor at a hotel, it took about a half hour to figure out if i was supposed to lock the doors or keep them open when i was talking to a member of a cleaning crew. all i needed to know was basicly if they had a key for the rooms and it took me a freaking half hour to get my information because only one person on the 20 person crew knew english!

people should learn english if they want to come to america.

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Did you make your posts with multiple grammatical errors on purpose?

big_daddy_d
07-15-2006, 10:05 AM
yeah thats what I was going to ask... BTW it's immigrants... :dodgy:

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
im sorry mr.teacher, im not in school...

just say what you guys think

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 10:09 AM
well, you contradicted yourself by using improper grammar, which makes your argument invalid.

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 10:12 AM
actually it was a typo... look at the 6th line in my initial post, i know how to spell it einstein

edit: there is a big difference from spelling a word wrong than from not knowing what the word means.

TheRedBarron
07-15-2006, 10:15 AM
im sorry mr.teacher, im not in school...

just say what you guys think
Well I think you should learn how to properly type and speak English if you are going to complain about other people. Many of these "immigrents" have been in this country since before you were born.

This thread has no point other then to bash another ethnic group and will not be tolerated.

[/thread]

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 10:19 AM
im not complaning about immigrants. i just think that they should learn how to speak english before they come here and i think many people would agree with that.

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 10:22 AM
maybe you should pay attention in school and learn the language of your own country

spyderkid179
07-15-2006, 10:31 AM
ok mr. spelling nazi! by the way, if you want to tell me i have bad grammer, you might want to capitalize Maybe and add a period at the end of your sentence. ***in a sarcastic voice trying to mock you because you just did what you said i did***

marvin-martian
07-15-2006, 10:40 AM
ok mr. spelling nazi! by the way, if you want to tell me i have bad grammer, you might want to capitalize Maybe and add a period at the end of your sentence. ***in a sarcastic voice trying to mock you because you just did what you said i did***
rofls

splater18
07-15-2006, 10:41 AM
dude you dont live in new orleans they roam the streets in packs. every day on my way to school i pass a home depot where the wait for contrators to pay the 25 cents a hour

TheRedBarron
07-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Okay Mr. spelling nazi! By the way, if you want to tell me I have bad grammar, you might want to capitalize and maybe add a period at the end of your sentence. ***in a sarcastic voice, trying to mock you because you just did what you accused me of doing***
:dodgy: If you want to play child's games I will win every time.:D

bigred76
07-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Damn! They beat me to it! This is what I get for going downstairs for breakfast!

albertjackson99
07-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Have you ever been to a foreign country? Every other country in the world caters to the English language, even though they may speak very little of it. In Colombia, South America ( a 3rd world country ) signs, menus, etc were in Spanish and English. Go through Japanese or Korean airports and see that all the sign are in duplicate. Nearly every other country in the world displays eagerness to help us get what/where we need while we use a foreign language on their soil. Are we so egotistical that we can't offer the same in return? Is it too far fetched to think that the melting pot of a country we live in could have people speaking multiple languages? Lucky for you, we live in a capitalist economy - If you don't like the customer service of your insurance company; Simply find another one.