PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Fenix EP Custom! Pics!

Ace24
07-14-2006, 08:30 PM
I finished building the EP Spyder Fenix. I custom painted it using Otters custom website and thanks to the people on these forums that I bought parts from, my gun is almost complete!

I have the whole thing assembled, now all I have to do is buy an Orange bolt and a HPA tank!

Here are some pics:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/SpyderFenixT-1Custom004copy.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/SpyderFenixT-1Custom009copy.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/SpyderFenixT-1Custom011copy.jpg

Me holding the gun with my custom shirt, and customised Morph.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/SpyderFenixT-1Custom044copy.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/SpyderFenixT-1Custom046copy.jpg

Thanks again for all the help the guys on these forums gave me, and the sellers of the parts I bought! You know who you are!:D

bamf-hacker
07-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Nice job on the marker, but I think this thread belongs in the picture pages section.

Ace24
07-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah... if someone could move it, that would work. I just wanted everyone to see it thats all. I dont know how many people check the picture section anymore. I know everyone checks the General threads.

Hossy
07-14-2006, 09:14 PM
well id say nice job, but whats with the mask?

u pose too much too

Ace24
07-14-2006, 09:17 PM
What about it? I put spike studds in my mask... I did it with my JT as well.

Hob Hayward
07-14-2006, 09:18 PM
What'd you do for a valve? You buy the madman t-1 valve or did you modify/aquire a valve pin that won't allow blowback air? How much did it cost you, and where did you get that t-1 board?

Hossy
07-14-2006, 09:19 PM
would u use the spikes when u play?

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

UKwithPride
07-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Looks alright, I like the paint job. Also, is that the stock feedneck on it? If it is you should think about investing in a CCM no rise.

Oh, and I think you only need one watch.:dodgy:

marvin-martian
07-14-2006, 11:45 PM
isnt that a zip kit...

bigred76
07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Haha, when you're playing and switching hands, it helps to have watches on both hands. ;) How'd you do the silver effect on the sides? A file? Sand paper? Nice either way! :waytogo:

thechubbss12
07-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Zip kit... t-1 kit... its all the same thing....

I would shoot it.

Nice job on that paint job... looks pretty awesome

Ace24
07-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Looks alright, I like the paint job. Also, is that the stock feedneck on it? If it is you should think about investing in a CCM no rise.

Oh, and I think you only need one watch.:dodgy:

Thats not another watch. That is a leather wristband. I would have put on my spiked one too but I couldnt find it.

I can't find any feednecks that fit into the Spyder Fenix, and alot of people told me that there isnt one that will fit.

I think the feedneck is fine. It fits every hopper and there is a screw to adjust it.

Haha, when you're playing and switching hands, it helps to have watches on both hands. ;) How'd you do the silver effect on the sides? A file? Sand paper? Nice either way! :waytogo:

Actually, all I did was take an exacto knife and put masking tape on the spots I wanted to leave silver. Simple as that. There was a little leakage when I painted it, so I took the exacto knife again and scraped it off, making it as even and as pretty as I could. Then I put on two clear coats, making sure that the black paint wouldnt chip off because of the way it was on there. (The silver was at a lower level then the black because I didnt paint the silver on and it was the stock paint, hence the black paint could have chipped off if I rubbed it wrong when it was elevated above the silver)

bigred76
07-15-2006, 10:12 AM
What kind of paint did you use for it? Sorry, I'm intrigued lol. This is giving me ideas... :(

As far as the aftermarket feeds for the Fenix go, they're just like any other Spyder. Holes [in the ears] or no-holes [in the ears]. ;)

Ace24
07-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I used Rustolium (or something like that, Its to late to think right... and I worked for 13 hours on my feet today. Just got off work)

Two coats of primer, 4 coats of metalic black paint, then I let dry for a couple days, sanded slightly and put on the laqeur clear enamel(two coats of that).

Then after that I baked it in the oven the day after for 1 hour at 150 degrees.

The metalic paint matches the sparkle of the stock silver paint, so when hit in the right light, it looks amazing.

It was really easy to do. (that is if you have ever completely ripped apart your gun before and took out every little bit of internals, including the vlave holding pin that goes across the frame)

I really dont see a need to get a new feedneck though. Although the one I have is a little high, it works fine. I dont see why I should spend $40 on something I really dont need, when I still need to spend another $190 or so to get this gun completely the way I want it. (HPA tank and Orange bolt)