PDA

View Full Version : another paint to barrel match question

TStites
07-14-2006, 07:50 PM
ok I had a spyder Xtra with a CP 1 piece barrel that was very accurate, I just bought a Spyder Electra that seem to be accurate at first but once I moved out to pass 20 yards I notice the balls all seem to be curving to the right I put my CP one piece barrel on the gun and it did the same thing. so I took a couple of the balls and dropped them through the barrel the first one stopped about half way the second dropped through but not fast. I looked at both balls I could not see any dents and they looked to be round. is there something I missing or did I just get screwed on my new gun.
paintballs used for test Scorch, and Diablo Crush

another question it is not about barrel. on the rocking trigger when I was testing for accuracy I was just hitting the bottom of the trigger slowly. every now and then it would just take of like it was in full auto. is there a an adjustment for this.

I did my home work on the first question and could not find anything to help me out the second question I have not did any research so sorry if this is a redundant question.

Ace24
07-14-2006, 09:13 PM
It sounds like the hammer isnt catching on the little stopper thingy. Idk, someone on here might be able to tell you how to fix that or explain that more.

bamf-hacker
07-14-2006, 09:21 PM
As for the paint, How old is it and was it stored properly (rotated weekly and in a non humid 70ish degrees)

Also take the barrel off and run 5 or 6 balls through to test for the bore size, if one of them got stuck they may be to big, or swollen. It should be a snug fit, but you should be able to easily blow the ball out of the barrel.

Trigger issue- May be wicked bounce. The kick of the marker can cause the trigger to trip.

TStites
07-14-2006, 11:02 PM
the diablos I bought today and the one that stoped half way I did blow out.

vikingshadow
07-15-2006, 06:05 AM
The curving makes this sounds like your speed is too high. What are you chrono'd at? Anything above 300 tends to curve like that. I'd almost bet that was the problem.

As far as the trigger issue goes, it's bounce. The kick you gun produces when you pull the trigger is making the trigger "bounce" off the microswitch. You should have screws on your trigger to adjust the pre and post travel. If so, mess with those and see what happens. Try a longer post travel - the amount the trigger moves AFTER you pull it. That seems to work for me most times.

BUT, since you just barely touch the side, you may have a screwed up microswitch (too light.) Did you adjust it yourself, or did it come factory that way? You can switch it out, or you can open it up and make it less touchy.

TStites
07-15-2006, 07:29 AM
no I have not made any adjustments I thought I would do some reading and see if there is a article that give any good tips on how to tweak the gun to best performance. do you know of any links. when I went to the field no one was there except me and the ref. I forgot to chrono the gun. I will try adjusting the gun and see I can't get the hook to go away (hook Golf term for curving to the right) and I will try giving it a longer pull. the trigger right now you barley touch it and the gun goes of so you are probably right. thanks to every one on the great advice.

TStites
07-15-2006, 11:48 AM
OK call me hooked. I just bought the Odyssey kit. the guy said it would really help quite the gun and it seems I never get the same ball quality. so with three different barrels it would help. now I just need to get every thing adjusted and get use to the rocking trigger and I will be set up. well I take that back , I need to make the gun more air efficient. I read some where going LP does not make it more efficient is that true, if so what kind of things do I need to do. I was thinking about going with a bandit bolt.