PDA

View Full Version : J J Ceramic 14 Inch or J J Ceramic S2 14 Inch?

EliteEagleX
07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I was curious I have been useing a Evil Driver Barrel for awhile but am looking at getting one of the J J Performance Barrels now... The S-2 seems to have just come out and I'm wondering if it's better than the regular ceramic or if it's just a different "LOOK". Thank's in advance.

nbishop66
07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I have a 14" Ceramic Polished on my Pilot ACS, and an 12" S2 on my ION. Both shoot great and are very quiet. S2 looks better. $32 for the S2 online and I paid $45 for the Ceramic at my local PB shop when I bought the Pilot a year ago.

druid
07-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I've had really good luck with the ceramics...had 3 and all were good...but the S2 looks better. If they perform the same...I'd get the S2

Sandman_Bravo
07-19-2006, 02:43 AM
yep, I have the S2 and like the looks of it. This topic has been done to death. Maybe there should be a sticky; which barrel is better? No one would read it tho, and the questions would continue to repeat.
*sighs, walks away*

bamf-hacker
07-19-2006, 04:04 AM
The S2 is just for looks. Makes the barrel look like a 2 piece but functions the same as the regular ceramic barrel.

EliteEagleX
07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Meh.. I guess I'll just stick with the Evil Driver since it shoots excellently w\ bad or good paint. And I'm a sucker for EVIL. When I get my backup gun I'll slap a J J on it

Sandman_Bravo
07-19-2006, 01:42 PM
That may be a wise choice, my J&J is on the small side and doesn't like larger bore paints. It's not the size of your barrel though; it's how many times you can shoot, lol.

Hob Hayward
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM
When I see how my friends s2 compares to my other friends ceramic, I'll post...

Sandman_Bravo
07-19-2006, 04:52 PM
I got my barrel as one of my first upgrades and I have noticed that since going LP and changing the bolt I get tighter more consistant groupings. I would have to assume it's due to a cushion of air pushing the ball out the barrel vs. the bolt slapping the ball forward and a burst of high presuure air. What I'm trying to say is, there are other variables that effect barrel performance. After all, consistant ball placement and groupings is what we're all looking for, right?