PDA

View Full Version : New VS2 and VS3

Drefish99
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
They are electromecanic (so no electropneumatic), so blow back.
They run at 200PSI with a new valve
There is a on/off
Eyes, off course
2 pieces barrel
And u can change color with body kit

The VS2 is with a normal frame
The VS3 with the rocking trigger Frame

THoughts?

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img16042mo.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img16068cc.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img16103lv.jpg

http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img16083dz.jpg

durrell
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I like it, but I'd still probably buy an Ion over that.

claustrophobia9
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
zomg!

but what is this body kit thing... exoskelliton?

marvin-martian
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
omgasm!!

druid
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I kinda like it...but again...looks like an electra. :tup: on the 'staying with what works' mentality , boys :dodgy:

bigred76
07-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Where's the VS-1? And a price range for these markers? I don't like how the on/off ends, I feel it could be a little shorter. Feedneck looks threaded, is it? If so, what style threading? Will it be available without the 15*? I personally wouldn't mind it if it were -15* or vertical as other options... Those are DM style grips! YES! WOO! Are the aprts interchangeable with other manufactures' parts?

Overall, I like, but I need those questions answered before I'd consider buying one... and it needs to be EP.... But, 4.5/5 stars from me on this one. Keep up the good work, Kingman!

Spinal
07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
i knew kingman would pull through!

ooglieboogliebob
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
looks nice .. hopefully the running prices arn't outrageous ... i'd probably try to buy one used after a few years it's out ...

Are the ASA and Reg 1/8NPT or metric ??

As bigred said ... interchangable parts and threaded feednecks are a must.

Good Job Kingman :)

big_daddy_d
07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
looks like a ghetto matrix dunno about it.... whats the retail price gonna look like?

DyNasty9
07-12-2006, 03:25 PM
wow i was pleasently suprised when i saw the picture. lookin good. thats a big step forward for kingman.

Kingman-Rep
07-12-2006, 03:38 PM
There is a on/off
Eyes, off course
2 pieces barrel

THoughts?

I wonder how the fish got a hold of the pics?

Team Ramrod
07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey, Can you tell us anything more about it? type of fittings, if it IS interchangeable, any other mods you have made, or is it the same old style in a new wrapper as usuall?

DRAGON
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I wonder how the fish got a hold of the pics?

Teh internet is a information highway at the touch of your fingers. Parlez-vous français? - ;)

TacTownKilla
07-12-2006, 04:37 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1645505

has some more pictures. says it is electropuematic though. This vs line that is suppost to compete with high ends do look good if the price isnt to high.

edit
Its meant to compete with the ION, so I doubt it will be called a "Tournament Level Marker" by anyone but Kingman.

Shouldnt be too pricy, Im thinking $250 range to startoff, and lowered over time. But it definatly blows away the ION IMO. Looks, metal, Kingman Customer Service and reliability....

thechubbss12
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Im gunna buy one.... bottom line... unless it is over $400

Hey rep how about that price?....

UKwithPride
07-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I think one of those guns will be my next purchase. I don't know about the rocking frame though. I'd like to see the non rocking frame.

bamf-hacker
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
yeah I guess the big question is cost???

marvin-martian
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah I guess the big question is cost???
knowing kingman, itll be like 750

STRIKEFIRST
07-12-2006, 06:54 PM
blow back? we waited for a blow back?

My pilot is an LP blow back...hell I'll just add the new tboard verc and eyes.

D I S A P P O I N T E D

ehhhh...Ion looks better all of a sudden.

DRAGON
07-12-2006, 07:26 PM
So you have actually tried it and can add an unbiased opinion? How can someone compare something that exists and they may have shot it to something they never tried? This marker looks 10X better than an Ion but that's just my personal opinion. A Pilot does not come LP from the box running a close 200psi lol. The more I look at the styling, the more Proto pops into my mind for some reason -

Msniper
07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Wonder if it is electropneumatic or blowback?

claustrophobia9
07-12-2006, 07:46 PM
are those dm or ego grips or something of the sorts? and i think blow back... eh... maybe if they used magnets instead of springs as tension i would consider it cuz it sounds cool... but until then im still saying no

STRIKEFIRST
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
So you have actually tried it and can add an unbiased opinion? How can someone compare something that exists and they may have shot it to something they never tried? This marker looks 10X better than an Ion but that's just my personal opinion. A Pilot does not come LP from the box running a close 200psi lol. The more I look at the styling, the more Proto pops into my mind for some reason -

No I haven't shot it oh great moderator. I like the looks. No my pilot isnt LP out of the box. Thats not the point. The point is in the facefull article were we told of a high end vs that would compete with other high end markers? IMO a blow back isn't a high end competitor. If it were spring return we're closer.

I dont care what the Ion looks like. Can you sit in your comfy little chair and tell me that you can have the same amount of control with a blowback than you can with an EP?

I do agree it looks similar to a PM6. Kingman fans are all out here hoping fir a gun to run against the big boys...the reincarnation of the EM-1.

Oh I will shoot it...but invest in another blowback I personally can't do. Granted I spent money tweaking my pilot to be LP because it wasn't out of the box. But come on! Maybe it's because I'm an engineer...we were promised and were hoping for big things...and as of right now I am very disappointed. Hell the AMG was LP out of the box, granted not 200 psi...but I think everyone here can agree that LP blowbacks have been being created for years in our own homes...with EYES.

Maybe I expected too much.

Looks great...I hope the official spec release proves to bemore promising.

OR HOW ABOUT THIS...

When I shoot this marker and review it...if it shoots better than my LP'D Pilot with similar results to an "upper end marker" (I won't even push EGO...hell i'll compare it straight to an ION) I'll go on this forum, pbreview and pbnation and apologize to KINGMAN Owners, Kingman employees, Kingman fans and all loyal spyder owners and I will personally promote the hell out it (VS2 only...I dont like the rocking trigger and yes I've shot a rocking trigger frame) I will also add it to my web site with pics and review. Old web site (www.strikefirstsports.com ...soon to be released www.strikefirstsports.us)

spyderkid179
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
is it just me or is it smaller than other kingman guns?

xtraking
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
hott secks

UKwithPride
07-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Insert boring post here.

I smell a ban.

STRIKEFIRST
07-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I smell a ban.

Do it.

DRAGON
07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I smell a ban.

I smell a DRAGONized retort -

No I haven't shot it oh great moderator. I like the looks. No my pilot isnt LP out of the box. Thats not the point. The point is in the facefull article were we told of a high end vs that would compete with other high end markers? IMO a blow back isn't a high end competitor. If it were spring return we're closer.

Well first of all, thanks for the great complement. You sound like a great fella yourself.....really. :smirk: So then I take it you haven't shot this marker yet. I still stand by the comment of, how can you predict(that in a literal sense) it's not competitive? Until you've actually experienced this marker, you can only speculate. Speculation is a vicarious conjecture -

I dont care what the Ion looks like. Can you sit in your comfy little chair and tell me that you can have the same amount of control with a blowback than you can with an EP?

Well dood, I'm a Dragon, I live in a cave and if you think the rock I sit on is comfy, you've got another conjecture to add to your list of assumptions. If the recoil from a paintball marker is the only excuse you have for not hitting your target, that's as much a fantasy as my rock in the cave comment I made earlier. I have both electro-pneumatics and blowbacks and quite frankly my skill level makes no difference when using either. Both are tweeked and so am I. The recoil from paintball markers comments are weak. Please shoot a 30.06 and tell me a paintball marker has recoil. I will hit the target w/a 30.06 as well. Complain about recoil from one of those and you most assuredly have my blessings. Complain about recoil from a paintball marker and tell me it makes you miss your target and I'll tell you you're just a bad shot son, practice, practice, practice -

I do agree it looks similar to a PM6. Kingman fans are all out here hoping fir a gun to run against the big boys...the reincarnation of the EM-1.

Well at least we agree upon something and BTW........the reincarnation of the EM1 is the Primal and it just didn't seem to fly. Maybe that's why Kingman has chosen a different VS series route this time. Who knows, maybe it's the right direction after all? -

Oh I will shoot it...but invest in another blowback I personally can't do. Granted I spent money tweaking my pilot to be LP because it wasn't out of the box. But come on! Maybe it's because I'm an engineer...we were promised and were hoping for big things...and as of right now I am very disappointed. Hell the AMG was LP out of the box, granted not 200 psi...but I think everyone here can agree that LP blowbacks have been being created for years in our own homes...with EYES.

An engineer? Your mother should be proud of you. My daddy was an engineer too. He used to let me sit up front and toot the whistle. :p Thing is, you're still making comments about being disappointed in something you haven't even tried. This is not an AMG, not an EM1, not a Primal, not a Pilot, it's an all newly designed VS. Don't knock it till you've tried it -

Maybe I expected too much.

Kinda like Christmas morning when you thought you were getting a Red Ryder BB gun but got a pink bunny suit from aunt Flora instead. Don't blame what your engineeristic(new word) imaginative mind conjured on what you think is a less than impressive product. They just gave you a short description of what it was. Ever think maybe your mind just blew it a little out of propotion of what you were thinking it was huh? -

Looks great...I hope the official spec release proves to bemore promising.

Well bust my paintballs. Do I sense a little bit of optimism? -

OR HOW ABOUT THIS...

When I shoot this marker and review it...if it shoots better than my LP'D Pilot with similar results to an "upper end marker" (I won't even push EGO...hell i'll compare it straight to an ION) I'll go on this forum, pbreview and pbnation and apologize to KINGMAN Owners, Kingman employees, Kingman fans and all loyal spyder owners and I will personally promote the hell out it (VS2 only...I dont like the rocking trigger and yes I've shot a rocking trigger frame) I will also add it to my web site with pics and review. Old web site (www.strikefirstsports.com ...soon to be released www.strikefirstsports.us)

Nice looking URL's though none of them worked.......now I'm disappointed. You did that intentionally didn't you! :p

No one's asking you to promote it, just not run it into the ground before you actually know what it's really about - ;)

bigred76
07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
are those dm or ego grips or something of the sorts?
DM, as I said. Ego style has the bottom hole in the middle of the frame. ;)

Drago, Strikefirst, cut the ****. Try it then talk. End of story. :rolleyes:

So it is an EP marker, K-Rep? Any information that you have is a big bonus, but I guess if you don't have any more to offer we can assume that the Spyder website will have more soon enough. Or Action Village, as usual. Thanks for at least posting in this thread so we know that it is a real thing!

UKwithPride
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
if you sit on www.spyder.tv look under products and VS? will flash up then go away.

STRIKEFIRST
07-13-2006, 05:59 AM
The recoil from paintball markers comments are weak. Please shoot a 30.06 and tell me a paintball marker has recoil. I will hit the target w/a 30.06 as well. Complain about recoil from one of those and you most assuredly have my blessings. Complain about recoil from a paintball marker and tell me it makes you miss your target and I'll tell you you're just a bad shot son, practice, practice, practice

I agree:D But did I make a comment about recoil? Hell my 40 S&W has recoil...A stock spyder recoil? maybe to my 4 year old.

the reincarnation of the EM1 is the Primal and it just didn't seem to fly. Maybe that's why Kingman has chosen a different VS series route this time. Who knows, maybe it's the right direction after all?

I got spanked on that one. :(

My daddy was an engineer too. He used to let me sit up front and toot the whistle. :p

My Daddy NEVER let me toot the whistle!:mad:

Kinda like Christmas morning when you thought you were getting a Red Ryder BB gun but got a pink bunny suit from aunt Flora instead. Don't blame what your engineeristic(new word) imaginative mind conjured on what you think is a less than impressive product. They just gave you a short description of what it was. Ever think maybe your mind just blew it a little out of propotion of what you were thinking it was huh?

NOW you've gone too far! That pink bunny suit kept me warm on snowy winter nights! and with those little guys starring up at you, you never felt alone!!!! My "enginerristic imaginitive mind" was helped along by some apparent little weenie dude on PBN that supposedly talks to Tom Cole. SHENS!!

Well bust my paintballs. Do I sense a little bit of optimism?

After realizing I was being an Butt hole and thought of the possibilities and the price IS right...Uh yeah...I am skeptical but have hope.

Nice looking URL's though none of them worked.......now I'm disappointed. You did that intentionally didn't you! :p

No one's asking you to promote it, just not run it into the ground before you actually know what it's really about - ;)

Yes I did! I recently took the .com offline and haven't finished the .us yet.

I should have waited a day to respond...we all build our blowbacks to run with the big dogs. Maybe Kingman just helped us get their faster.

Did anyone notice the VS2 to the far left in pic 1? it has a different "body kit"

Warnichek
07-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Feed neck is a little tall, not much though. I like the eye covers. Nice looking. good job.

claustrophobia9
07-13-2006, 07:34 AM
if you sit on www.spyder.tv look under products and VS? will flash up then go away.
i almost got it! it doesnt do anything

STRIKEFIRST
07-13-2006, 08:19 AM

I just noticed that also...THEY"RE MESSING WITH OUR HEADS!!

The're messing with me...damn subliminal messaging...I want specs...I want to touch one!!! Damn them!!! i may be getting excited!!! IT'S DRAGONS FAULT!

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/2398/untitled5ne1.th.png (http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled5ne1.png)

http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled5ne1.png

VS? VS?
VS? VS?

DRAGON
07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
.......... IT'S DRAGONS FAULT!..........

Next thing you'll be blaming me for is daddy not letting you toot the whistle - :p

Kingman-Rep
07-13-2006, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=STRIKEFIRST]
The're messing with me...damn subliminal messaging...I want specs...I want to touch one!!! Damn them!!! i may be getting excited!!! QUOTE]

Make it to Boston for the Next NPPL and you will be able to touch one!

marvin-martian
07-13-2006, 10:00 AM
what kind of horrible name is VS anyway? does it mean anything?

big_daddy_d
07-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Very Special?

DRAGON
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Victory Series

marvin-martian
07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
all they could come up with was victory series?!? valiant sounds so much cooler...

UKwithPride
07-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Lol, I didn't say it did anything.:)

DRAGON
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
all they could come up with was victory series?!? ...

That was just an uneducated guess. Kinda like, what does EM1 & AMG stand for? - :confused:

marvin-martian
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
i know, im just looking for something to flame...

STRIKEFIRST
07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
That was just an uneducated guess. Kinda like, what does EM1 & AMG stand for? - :confused:

Whatever it is...at least its not named after a bird (raven) that worked out well for them the last time didn't it?

Warnichek
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
VS.....Vulture Series

VS.....Velociraptor Shooter

meruhl
07-13-2006, 01:33 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/meruhl/vs.jpg

GFXAddict
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Looks nice. Also looks like its gona have a big price tag on it.

phatphil
07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Does the body milling look kind of unfinished to anyone else? That huge open blank spot specifically...

Kingman-Rep
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM

Who said it has to mean anything!

Do you think you could have come up with a cool name that already hasn't been used by someone else in the paintball industry?

UKwithPride
07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Who said it has to mean anything!

Do you think you could have come up with a cool name that already hasn't been used by someone else in the paintball industry?
Reeshooboo. Now THAT would have been sweet.

bigred76
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
What the heck... lay off the shiza, Dan! :smirk: It's nice having an admin on this side of the States. It means he's on while I am!

It looks finished to me, Phil. It means you can smack a nice large sticker on there and not worry about the milling getting in the way! ;)

scrappy
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Teh Rust, or scrappinator would be sweet gun names...

These look nice, I do like how the stock guns are lookin now

druid
07-13-2006, 06:53 PM

voted stupid
vanity supressed
vastly substandard (compared to previous posturing and hype)
vaguely similar

and my personal favorite...

VERY SPYDER --- MEANING, THEY NEVER CHANGE!!!

Hob Hayward
07-13-2006, 09:19 PM
So this is acctually confirmed to be blowback... :(? I read on pbn that no one knew yet, but thats a sad thing, though, it is rather cool, unless they try to charge somthing like 400$ for it which they undoubtedly will considering that they already charge 300$ for the electra whihc isn't vastly different from any other spyder clones, I mean, you have the vexor eye and the 06 mongoose, which BOTH have eyes for LESS than 200$. Sure they don't have the all powerful rocking trigger, but thats really worth 150$?

druid
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM
like I keep saying...always a follower, never a leader

Hob Hayward
07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Ah wouldn't it be nice to run kingman, turn them around and point 'em in the right direction...

bigred76
07-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Damn dissenters. :smirk: View it this way: this is a massive step forward for Kingman, and who knows, the VS4 (when/if it comes out) might even be EP (the problem is they have to be careful about all the patents...).

druid
07-13-2006, 11:29 PM
it's not dissension when we are trying to improve the products from a company we enjoy....

bigred76
07-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Trying to improve them would be DOING something. What you're doing now is called dissention, or "muck-raking," just like the media.

druid
07-14-2006, 12:34 AM
If you remember correctly...I started a "we want to see ____ in our Spyders" poll.....so it counts as well.
it may be a subversive or coercive tactic...but it sometimes works **cough when they aren't as thick-headed as you cough**

bigred76
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Me? Thick-headed? Nevar! Merely intelligent enough to know when I'm right and when I'm wrong, and willing to argue a point when I'm right. Others... well, aren't that smart. :D

If you want to DO something, then try an email. Or better yet, call them. In case you didn't notice, the only real things Kingman has to do with this forum are the hosting and Kingman-Rep. Think before you post, and do what will be more effective in the future. ;)

druid
07-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Me? Thick-headed? Nevar! Merely intelligent enough to know when I'm right and when I'm wrong, and willing to argue a point when I'm right. Others... well, aren't that smart. :D

intelligence and wisdom are 2 totally different things...bub

If you want to DO something, then try an email. Or better yet, call them. In case you didn't notice, the only real things Kingman has to do with this forum are the hosting and Kingman-Rep. Think before you post, and do what will be more effective in the future. ;)

Oh please...they already know how we and the rest of the paint ball community feel. They just don't care. They want to cater to the low-end crowd...and try and market it at $400. Please...spare me. They are going to do what they want...regardless of what the hoarded masses think...kinda like you...bub...:D

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Damn dissenters. :smirk: View it this way: this is a massive step forward for Kingman, and who knows, the VS4 (when/if it comes out) might even be EP (the problem is they have to be careful about all the patents...).

Screw patents...design something new...make your engineers work for what you pay them...file your own patent...SHEESH

If the VS is resonably priced it will be a step up. But then again you can get a brand new Ion for $180...add a real feed neck $40 add a real ASA with on/off $40 so $260 for a more than fuctional true EP marker.

The 06 electra is around $250 right now...I can't begin to imagine what the price of the vs2 is...let alone the vs3 with that rocking trigger I don't care for.

ooglieboogliebob
07-14-2006, 05:27 AM
... hopefully not too much .. or i'll never end up trying it ... :( ... unless of course someone i know buys it or i see someone with it on the field ...

TheRedBarron
07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
EVERYTIME and I mean EVERYTIME Kingman makes a new marker someone on here gets all mad that it has not changed or it does not compete with the high end market....

Primal EP one of kingmans worse selling markers in history. That gun was able no matter what you say it was able. Why did noone buy it? because noone wants a spyder that costs 400 bucks even if it is comparable to the rest in the price range.

Now Kingman making a charge into this high end market would be poor business practice, they have the low end market by the horns, evry single noob who ever joined the sport starting with a BE pump dreams of owning a spyder because at the time they think it is the best. Hell at my shop spyders are easily the biggest seller.

Now lets say they did make the VS series EP. Would you buy it over lets say... a Timmy or more realistically a Promaster? Most people probably would not, why? because A. its a spyder, B. BL or ICD is already established in that type of marker/ price range. It would make no sence at all for kingman to make a new style marker simply because it would not sell. And I am sorry to say but all of us on the forums are the minority of kingman owners/buyers, so saying that "well we would buy it if it was EP" is not a valid argument, you still have the other half of the world, and every single beginner out there, so next time Kingman releases a new gun why complain that they are not going up a markerclass? why not reward them for making the design they have better for all of those first timers who will be buying them? I mean cmon how many upgrades does this thing have that we forked over hundreds to put on our spyders anyway? I would have killed to have this as my first marker and I know you would have too (especially you Druid I remember your first settup).

So TLDR? why bother entering a thread if your not going to take the time to read the comments in said thread?

[/rant]

vikingshadow
07-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Bravo and well said.

For a company, Kingman has grabbed on to a niche and made a name for itself. Sure, it can try to move out once in a while, but as the Primal has shown, people aren't interested in a higher level Spyder. I don't blame Kingman at all for staying where they are. Would I like to see something higher up? Sure, but I totally understand where they're going and what they're doing. They went towards the milsim area, and apparantly, from reading posts here, it's been a major hit as well.

Compared to my Sonix back when I started, this thing's a beaut! I'd snatch it up in a hurry, depending on the price range. I don't care if it goes EP or not, I'd be more concerned on if the tolerances are better than before. That in itself would be a HUGE improvement.

So, I say this gun looks great, and I'm glad they came out with something different than the old, tired body style (remember when you guys used to complain how they all looked the same with minor variances or different anno?)

nbishop66
07-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Just my $.02. Milling looks kind of cheap, and that's coming from a guy who owns a plastic gun as well as a Pilot ACS. But that might just be the black dust finish. I’d like to see it with some brighter color. The regulator doesn't look very comfortable. Clamping feed neck gets a big thumbs up, as well as the on/off ASA. The low pressure aspect is a significant improvement, but still a blowback? I'm glad I gave up on Kingman this year and bought ion, because if had been waiting for them to produce a decent midrange gun I would have been very disappointed that this was the best they could do.

Well based solely on looks and the fact that it is still a blowback I probably wouldn't even consider this marker. But if I was at a field and was getting lumped up by one, I might ask to give it a try. Until I get one in my hands I give it a http://www.spyder.tv/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif.

Final deciding factor - $$$

Hob Hayward
07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I beleive the reg has a rubber handgrip on it from the look of it.

Now, the most amazing thing is that they (if the source is right) have created a spyder that operates at 200psi!

Noticeably they have also included many of the modification requested such as Clamping Feedneck, an On-off asa, things people have always recommended as good upgrades.

So I think they really have been listening to us (perhaps) and are trying to make a gun that people want, I myself suggested that they market an LP spyder, and thats what they've done.

If it costs 300$, I'll buy one.

shadowset
07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
looks good and i will usualy try any marker kingman makes atleast once so long as it is affordable . will it have break beam eyes and what kind of board is in it the same kind kingman has had all this time? looks interesting hope it works out good id like to try one some time soon.personaly i say run with it like a kid with sisors:p

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2006, 09:48 AM
EVERYTIME and I mean EVERYTIME Kingman makes a new marker someone on here gets all mad that it has not changed or it does not compete with the high end market....

Primal EP one of kingmans worse selling markers in history. That gun was able no matter what you say it was able. Why did noone buy it? because noone wants a spyder that costs 400 bucks even if it is comparable to the rest in the price range.

Now Kingman making a charge into this high end market would be poor business practice, they have the low end market by the horns, evry single noob who ever joined the sport starting with a BE pump dreams of owning a spyder because at the time they think it is the best. Hell at my shop spyders are easily the biggest seller.

Now lets say they did make the VS series EP. Would you buy it over lets say... a Timmy or more realistically a Promaster? Most people probably would not, why? because A. its a spyder, B. BL or ICD is already established in that type of marker/ price range. It would make no sence at all for kingman to make a new style marker simply because it would not sell. And I am sorry to say but all of us on the forums are the minority of kingman owners/buyers, so saying that "well we would buy it if it was EP" is not a valid argument, you still have the other half of the world, and every single beginner out there, so next time Kingman releases a new gun why complain that they are not going up a markerclass? why not reward them for making the design they have better for all of those first timers who will be buying them? I mean cmon how many upgrades does this thing have that we forked over hundreds to put on our spyders anyway? I would have killed to have this as my first marker and I know you would have too (especially you Druid I remember your first settup).

So TLDR? why bother entering a thread if your not going to take the time to read the comments in said thread?

[/rant]

I'm not positive...but I'm pretty sure Smart Parts is doing pretty well with the Ion.

Oh and at the price of an Ion...Kingmans low end market just got lower.

Since you like to preach business...How long does a business survive by always doing the status quo? Do I really need to point out the Auto Industry...I bet Honda or toyota or hyundai, Chryler/Dodge (I'll insert here the crap chrylser was in before they decided not to follow the status quo) or any of the others didn't sit back and dare think well we might as well not try someone else aready has that market cornered...I bet GM, Ford and all the people losing their jobs wish they had or would!

Here's a big pet peve I have...If you're not succesful in an area...keep your mouth shut.

TheRedBarron
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
What does the Ion have anything to do with what I said? SP has been established in the mid end market for ages remember a gun called the impulse?

As far as your metaphor goes... Kingman is STILL outselling its competition in the low end market, you dont see companies like Toyota, Honda, Hyundai jumping in the ring with a lambo... It is the same idea, who would buy a $200,000 Honda? Kingman finds themselves in the same exact situation, people who would buy high end guns would not buy a kingman high end gun simply because it is a kingman and they are looked upon as noob guns by those who shoot higher end guns.

pet peeve of mine...If you don't know what you are talking about... keep your mouth shut

bigred76
07-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Retards, all of them... Honestly, I think Matt would know more about running a business than almost every person on this forum besides Durrell and Warnicheck (Durrel owns a PB store and Warnicheck runs a field). I don't think you're one to argue with his reasoning as it is sound, and time proven. Unless you can find something that proves me or him absolutely wrong... shut the **** up and let us wiser people speak intelligently. Thanks. :)

Back to the topic... If anyone catches a word on the price, let me know, I might just pick one up. Oh, and another thing... is this a CO2 marker, or an HPA only? If it's CO2, I will most deffinately be in love. :loveeyes:

TheRedBarron
07-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Seems as though it would be co2 if it is a mechanical electro I don't see why it wouldn't be both co2 and HPA, the only reason a gun would be HPA only is the noid (but with this new valve I guess you never know maybe the valve cannot handle it.)

Oh and thanks for the uhh compliment...

bigred76
07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, on this one it also has a regulator. As we all know, certain ones cannot handle CO2. The valve is an interesting thought, I didn't think of that possibly ruling out CO2 either. I hope the stock regulator on this one is better than the others Kingman has made! Also, what colors will these "body kits" be, and how will they go onto the marker? Will they be like on the Ion?

druid
07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I mean cmon how many upgrades does this thing have that we forked over hundreds to put on our spyders anyway? I would have killed to have this as my first marker and I know you would have too (especially you Druid I remember your first settup).

[/rant]

Yer right Barron...my Esprit was my first "seriously upped" Spyder...but not my first spyder. I had an Xtra (and for a VERY brief time, a Classic) that I used...a tippman and an old BE POS...It wasn't until I found otter's site/internet forums in general...that I got the proper info to do the mods. And you also know the progression the Esprit made...the mods done and the cost of parts and tools to properly make the transformation...but for what I did to it, I would have gladly paid the higher price if the mods were already done.

The problem here is retooling the plant for internal marker processes...not CNC miling macines that can be CAD/programmed...not anno companies. Anyone with a working knowledge of CAD/CNC can mill an EXTERNAL body design but to do the internal mods we have, requires retrofitting or replacing machinery/components and they won't do it. What would it take to change a milling machine from boring two small VA holes into bigger ones?...or remove it all together? what would it take to convert taps and dies from metric to SAE? What would it take to make a deal with Palmers, CP, BL to put a DECENT in-line reg in it? NOT MUCH...just a little business savvy and the desire to make the change...

DFSniper
07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
:bigshock: :jawdrop: O M G... i think i found my next gun. msrp?

TheRedBarron
07-14-2006, 11:02 AM
What would it take to make a deal with Palmers, CP, BL to put a DECENT in-line reg in it? NOT MUCH...just a little business savvy and the desire to make the change...

Whos to say they didnt? I have been talking with a few people about this, and I think it is a possibility that kingman outsourced some of the work on the airsystem (reg on/off and valve)

druid
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Whos to say they didnt? I have been talking with a few people about this, and I think it is a possibility that kingman outsourced some of the work on the airsystem (reg on/off and valve)

well if that's the case, and I see it in their advertisements...I'll get one.

I think everyone's misunderstanding me here...I love my spyders...from stock to upped. I'm just tired of the same old thing and that's why I got the Ion. I will continue to own a spyder as long as replacement parts are available. That was the reason I got rid of the POS BE...nothing to upgrade with besides a CA line..

If the VS isn't another stock Esprit-type creation....I'll almost definately hit it. As a matter of fact, I didn't get an MR because I was waiting for the VS...I'm just a little put out by the fact that it doesn't appear that they have done anything new internally.....no LP, no EP...ok, eyes and a freaky milling job...big whoop. How about a better board and trigger combination instead of the retarded rocking trigger (which I have shot and feverishly hate)...

bigred76
07-14-2006, 12:15 PM
The VS2 has the double trigger, Druid. :) And if you read, they have a new valve design possibly. ;) So where's this coming from that they haven't changed anything?

DRAGON
07-14-2006, 12:55 PM
VS3 has the rocker, VS2 single trigger. The VS's will not be the same ol same ol. Has anyone noticed what they have done with the MR series markers? They are essentially all new designs including the trigger frames. The mechanical frame is metal not the plastic of the past. The electronic frame has been changed which includes a different lever type microswitch. From what I hear, you're all going to like the VS trigger frame and what it does. Think about it buhhh......how could they get this marker to run close to 200psi if they hadn't made some radical changes? - :rolleyes:

claustrophobia9
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/trailer/images/index_23.jpg

good movie, and if your looking for v words just watch the first five minutes... btw... maybe it means "V series" as in roman numerals... like the 5th spyder they made not like others...

scrappy
07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm just a little put out by the fact that it doesn't appear that they have done anything new internally

Isn't that like saying that all books are the same inside, it's just that the cover is different? :confused:

All anyone has to go on now is what the company says, don't get all hot and bothered about it now...wait until later ;)

Hob Hayward
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
it doesn't appear that they have done anything new internally.....no LP, no EP...ok, eyes and a freaky milling job...big whoop.

Uh, no LP? the threadstarter posted that its going to operate at ~200 psi, now your telling me they achieved that without retooling at all..?

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Retards, all of them... Honestly, I think Matt would know more about running a business than almost every person on this forum besides Durrell and Warnicheck (Durrel owns a PB store and Warnicheck runs a field). I don't think you're one to argue with his reasoning as it is sound, and time proven. Unless you can find something that proves me or him absolutely wrong... shut the **** up and let us wiser people speak intelligently. Thanks. :)

also maybe you should take a closer look at who owns what and who builds what in autos...

Back to the topic... If anyone catches a word on the price, let me know, I might just pick one up. Oh, and another thing... is this a CO2 marker, or an HPA only? If it's CO2, I will most deffinately be in love. :loveeyes:

As far as business knowledge I own a store. I mess with my spyder for fun.

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Uh, no LP? the threadstarter posted that its going to operate at ~200 psi, now your telling me they achieved that without retooling at all..?

I heard there is a brand new valve design...

DRAGON
07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
You cannot just put a valve in a Spyder and expect it to shoot 280fps at 200psi and yield a decent efficiency. There may possibly be a bit more to it lol -

STRIKEFIRST
07-14-2006, 04:58 PM
You cannot just put a valve in a Spyder and expect it to shoot 280fps at 200psi and yield a decent efficiency. There may possibly be a bit more to it lol -

Well of course!:D

So far the valve is the only "New designed" part I've been told of.

bigred76
07-14-2006, 08:19 PM
The mods also hinted at new frame internals. The bolt also looks different as well. Be interesting if this new valve is coupled with a newer, lighter striker in order to work at this 200psi, eh?

BTW, what store do you own? Certainly not a paintball store with your limited views... :rolleyes:

DRAGON
07-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Alright everybody with the throwing mud - :dodgy:

bigred76
07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Can we throw rocks instead? Please? :D

druid
07-14-2006, 11:18 PM
There is a on/off
Eyes, off course
2 pieces barrel

THoughts?
[pics links removed]

based upon the original post....that's all I/we had to go on. Now 'all of a sudden' .....so-n-so's talked to ____ and 'he's heard ____'....all of it hear-say and conjecture until the list of upgrades are presented in writing...

There's nothing about regs....nothing about metal frames and all of a sudden "board upgrades" but they kept that POS rocking frame though...

I'll probably get it just to say I gave it a fair shake...but current information leaves alot to be desired.

I may be wrong...God, I hope so. I hope this is something worth while...but not if it's like their last two "miraculous new markers".....

We Scots call that a "Stone Put" :D

DRAGON
07-14-2006, 11:41 PM

Absolutely, providing it's on your turf and you provide the rocks - :D

bigred76
07-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Schweet. Come on over and let's play, Strikey. :D

Druid... Wait until it comes out for all the details. I have a feeling that then and only then we will know all about it. Just like the EM1. ;)

druid
07-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Druid... Wait until it comes out for all the details. I have a feeling that then and only then we will know all about it. Just like the EM1. ;)

agreed

STRIKEFIRST
07-15-2006, 06:12 AM
I'd like to throw more than rocks...are you over 18?:D

Obviously my narrow views don't turn into over priced markers that don't sell or do you think that you should just stock something because a few people on a forum are excited?

Anyway...to the VS...It looks like it will be better balanced with that grip frame...looks closer to an AMG grip positioning...

claustrophobia9
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I'd like to throw more than rocks...are you over 18?:D

uh

w
t
f

bigred76
07-15-2006, 10:19 AM
ROFL Claus!

If only I was over 18. :(

I can see these selling off the shelf like hot cakes to the newer players. All they have to do is price it right and actually give us info on it when they release them (*gasp* What a thought?). I'm excited because with this new valve design it might revolutionize the blow-back marker. Ever think of that?

And yeah, I just went back and looked at the trigger frame and realized that it looks like an '05 Timmy's frame. Slightly different, but the base design is there. Maybe Kingman's not so behind afterall! :D

TheRedBarron
07-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok, well tis enough E-Fighting, try to keep it on topic I realize how hard that is to some of you Claus go take your Ritalin and get the ADD down a notch at least make a reference to the original topic if you are going to post in here.

Lets all just wait and see what turns out, I think this marker is going to be Kingmans new flagship marker.

SharpObjects
07-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Jeeze, everyone knocking the VS when we know very little about them...

...I say its a step in the right direction with this VS series. I have faith that it's only a matter of time until we see an EP Spyder for a decent price.

On another note, why does everyone hate the rocking trigger? I find it very comfortable, and my ROF has increased dramatically. But thats just me.

KVpaintball
07-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Yea i want to know how much and y can you look at them on the kingman web site?

spydermr1
07-16-2006, 07:29 PM
This looks and sounds great! I think I will hold out until this releases and pick one up. Very excited to see a model is being made without the rocking trigger frame. Not a big fan of the rocker myself.-* Any idea when this will be out?

SharpObjects
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm thinking spring or fall 2007. Anyone's guess now though.

It's good that they're making the rocking trigger an option.

UKwithPride
07-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Mid- August

EstebanFR
07-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi, VS2 and VS3 will be out in october. Its a guy from kingman who told me at Millenium Paris where the guns were shown for the first time.

++

claustrophobia9
07-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi, VS2 and VS3 will be out in october. Its a guy from kingman who told me at Millenium Paris where the guns were shown for the first time.

++
bc line was said to be out in 2k3,4 and 5.

UKwithPride
07-17-2006, 05:03 AM
bc line was said to be out in 2k3,4 and 5.
But, there were no pictures or any details about the BC line.

STRIKEFIRST
07-17-2006, 05:11 AM
I don't think Kingman will wait...if the VS is ready to go BUSINESS wise it wouldn't be in there best interest to miss another holiday season...I bet we see it mid to end of august.

I hope...

bamf-hacker
07-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Yeah but look at the 06 Elecktra... It was in magazines for months and now they are starting to surface. If I had to guess they will be around for the beginning of 2007

spydermr1
07-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Hopefully it comes out in the next 2-3 months. Gonna start putting $$ back for this thing.

SparkyGT
07-17-2006, 08:31 AM
looks nice, will want to see one in person before i do any ordering

viperx6x9x
07-17-2006, 10:48 PM
hmm, interesting. it seems to have the back of the cocking knob slot milled off so you dont have to pull the knob out to get the bolt out. thats a mod im gonna do to the pilot soon. those pics give me hopw that its not gonna hurt my gun. if they price this thing well enough and its actually got some new internal designs to make them more accurate, efficient etc, il give it a chance. I'm in the market for more high end gun and was highly considering autococker ( black magik is lookin pretty good) but if spyder can come up with something to keep me interested i may check it out.

and by the way yall were talking about cool names for it so my vote for a new name for it is The O'Doyle. cuz O'Doyle RULES!!!!!

Just out of curiosity as far as advertising goes. why has paintball been around for so long already and i have yet to see a single advertisement on tv or radio or anything for a marker, gear, popular mods, jerseys or anything. i gotta find all my info online.

aodsnyper
07-24-2006, 10:29 PM

agreed 'Barron... either way though, after swimming through countless (well about 12) pages of arguements and somewhat uneducated discourse, i can say with over 90% certainty that this is exactly what i have been waiting for! i know the Electra with eyes has been available, i just haven't been interested. and even though i now have an Ion and enjoy it quite immensely, i have been waiting to be able to have a Spyder with eyes already equiped, and maybe even a few other bells and whistles to have fun with not that they would be entirely necessary (i know full well that i will change everything internal/external to my liking). this definately looks to have the potential to be a marker series that will re-invent my passion for Spyders (i.e. - as it was with my "Classic"). sign me up for one VS2 please...

thank you Kingman for giving us something "different".

Justin

p.s. - can you (Kingman) make something with these features in a stacked tube design similar to, let's say, circa 1997? just for me...?

spydermr1
07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
I found this piece over at PBNation on this gun. Its off a German site..unless its translated wrong heres what we got..

the german site says:

Kingman VS Series
Home > product novelties > markers > Spyder & CO

Kingman has a new set of markers on the market brought from the open Bolt Bowblack tide stands out. The VS Series is an electro-pneumatically steered open Bolt marker. Into the VS Guns presses RAM the hammer with air pressure against valve and a feather/spring brings those to RAM back in starting position. Thus a somewhat simplified Ego, fishing rod, Timmy - principle. Further features are:

* Clamping feed-hit a corner
* Body kit
* On/off
* Top Cocking
* BreakBeam Eyes
* Modulator
* 2 Piece barrels
* Accepts matrix grips

It will give two variants:

* VS2 with a normal double trigger
* VS3 with the Rocking trigger

In the following pictures the VS3 is shown:

in short, the german site say's it's a FASOR.

SharpObjects
07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
So it IS EP? Nice! I'm gonna hafta wait until christmas though.

It could be mine if the price........is.......right.

I'm so hyped up right now. Too much caffine at 11:30.

claustrophobia9
07-27-2006, 05:06 AM
So it IS EP?
no, instead of a spring it just uses air pressure... ie, its not an electro pnumatic. for it to be electro pnumatic there would have to be an electronic solenoid that changes the direction of the air to change parts of the firing cycle. although there is a possibility they have an electronic solenoid, it wont work absolutely the same. i will say i am now sufficiently interested in the vs.

SharpObjects
07-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Ah, I see.

Well, it's not a regular blowback, so I too am interested.

druid
07-27-2006, 08:26 AM
aod.....barron's referring to my gripes (I'm guessing, since I was the loudest and most 'anti' )...that were solely based on Dre's post of:

There is a on/off
Eyes, off course
2 pieces barrel
THoughts?

Ah, I see.

Well, it's not a regular blowback, so I too am interested.

and I agree. If it's not the same old, ho-hum design, I'm interested too.

Command2A
07-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Awesome...

SharpObjects
07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Now, if you open the main page on the main ad showing the MR3, Electra 06, it shows the VS? Not really relavent, but I assume we are getting closer.

marvin-martian
07-27-2006, 04:47 PM
omg, theyve had that VS? there for a really long time, and its been mentioned time and time again on here

SharpObjects
07-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Not the small one in the corner...this is the first time I've seen the big one. Jeeze, calm down. <<Internet Sarcasm.

spydermr1
07-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I just wish Kingman would release some information on this gun.

Like price range, time frame of release, how it operates. Etc.

DisIsMyUsername
07-31-2006, 01:50 PM
SharpObjects is actually talking about this..

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Ricky287/VS.jpg

Damn teasers...

pbfreak3221
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
very nice one of there best looking guns

SharpObjects
07-31-2006, 03:22 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I think that it might a good thing that the Ion is a good value for such a low price.

It forces Kingman to come up with new ideas, and better quality, low priced, high performance markers. At least, this is what I, and I'm sure all of you, hope.

Please...more details Kingman!

STRIKEFIRST
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Doh!!! Open Mouth Insert Foot

thechubbss12
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Heh so it doesnt use a striker spring... =)... well kingman unless you tell me diffrently i will have my money in paypal waiting for your release...

Now im extremly intrested.

davidthegr8
08-18-2006, 02:44 PM
i might just pick one up

Backmanshooter
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm looking into the VS2...I'm hoping the price will be reasonably cheap. If its anything like the Electra or higher...I'm waiting. I can pass time by tinkering with my spyders. Still have a spyder project to finish.

lightningflash
08-19-2006, 10:26 PM
wow damn ive been gone a long time a they finally came out with a sweet lookin gun nice

DRAGON
09-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Please post all VS entries here. No need for 50 threads on one subject -

emf7301
09-29-2006, 11:01 PM
sorry, didn't want to hijack someone else thread. but yea, link for the VS section of the kingman website is http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/vs_series/
Enjoy looking at all the pretty combos! :D

badlandsrox
09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Please post all VS entries here. No need for 50 threads on one subject -

Even better idea, why doesn't someone make a VS thread thingie in the electronic markers section... or can otter only do that?:confused:

marvin-martian
09-30-2006, 04:25 PM
only admins can create new forums

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds.

4 seconds.

DRAGON
09-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Even better idea, why doesn't someone make a VS thread thingie in the electronic markers section... or can otter only do that?:confused:

I could do that but I'll let the Grande Pubah handle such tasks. I'm confident that by October 2nd there will most likely be forums added for the new VS markers - ;)

claustrophobia9
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
somone call otter and wake him up from hybernation

vikingshadow
09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't know...last I saw he had a basket full of oysters and some hot looking ferret headed for the back room. We may not see him for another 3 months!

applesauce
10-01-2006, 07:34 AM
i skiped like 8 pages....but has anyone said anything about diffrent firing modes this thing will have??? ramping ect....

applesauce
10-01-2006, 07:38 AM
also on the spyer release, i think it says rubber fore-grip...im not sure i like that!

Total90Oliver
10-01-2006, 10:06 AM
i thought they were fasors?

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Naw, they're blow back still, but they much better blow back! OMG they come out TMROW!

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 10:51 AM
how do you gusy think teh vs will compare to the ion. I personally think the ion will still be more popular

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Not neccissarily, the VS is fully capable on co2, and its still cheaper, and more noob friendly, I see it being the marker of choice for those who want a good gun for the first gun, and arn't content with a spyder clone, but they don't have quite enough money to go ion, because ion requires HPA (yeah yeah I know anti-siphoned co2 works, but what noob is going to bother with anti-siphoning their tank?).

joe06
10-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Not neccissarily, the VS is fully capable on co2, and its still cheaper, and more noob friendly, I see it being the marker of choice for those who want a good gun for the first gun, and arn't content with a spyder clone, but they don't have quite enough money to go ion, because ion requires HPA (yeah yeah I know anti-siphoned co2 works, but what noob is going to bother with anti-siphoning their tank?).

the manual to the VS2 says not to use co2.....

joe06
10-01-2006, 01:46 PM
but wait! the adds at the bottom of the vs page enlarge, and when i enlarged it it says you can use co2...but when i look at the manual it says compressed (sp?) air only...now im confused.

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Erg, it better not be HPA only!

applesauce
10-01-2006, 02:41 PM
nobody knows about firing modes?

joe06
10-01-2006, 02:55 PM
well acording to the online manual it has semi and 3-burst.....i think im just gonna buy the promaster after all.

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/images/section/media/print_ads/vs_blue.jpg

Says it'll run on co2 or HPA...

joe06
10-01-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah but the manual says otherwise... http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs2.pdf

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 03:17 PM
That manual is for the VS2 and the picture is about the VS3 I don't know if they differ but..

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 04:21 PM
s.zdjgzdklgjosdhkgb;l'dzoigS';hzsjfhjij!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why it won't run on co2, maybe its just their reg? Though I suppose it could be the newfangled valve. Anmd then after saying use only HPA, it says stuff about co2 tanks... ???

Kingan rep, come to our aid!

marvin-martian
10-01-2006, 04:34 PM
That manual is for the VS2 and the picture is about the VS3 I don't know if they differ but..
because theyre the same. the only differance is that the VS3 has a rocking trigger while the VS2 has a good one

pbfreak3221
10-01-2006, 05:03 PM
That's what I thought

badlandsrox
10-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I wonder if you can get the black and red, in the VS 2 format? That would be the awesome!

applesauce
10-02-2006, 05:42 AM
anyone else thing the kingman site sucks....and is in need of some serious updatage?

badlandsrox
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
anyone else thing the kingman site sucks....and is in need of some serious updatage?

Not really... and this isnt quite the place to make a statement like that, this is the VS series thread, not the complain about kingman thread

Hob Hayward
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Bah! it is the second, and where is our info!?

badlandsrox
10-02-2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/vs_series/

Hob Hayward
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah I've seen that, they need to give us more though!

badlandsrox
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I cant decide between the VS2 or 3, i wonder how far teh trigger pull is, or is it just like a tap?

Hob Hayward
10-02-2006, 04:09 PM
the Rocking Trigger is 4 point adjustable 0_o the VS2 trigger is 3 point adjustable, so both of em can be made from a long pull to a short tap.

DRAGON
10-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I have a premonition that the VS2 will outsell the VS3 2:1 -

badlandsrox
10-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I have a premonition that the VS2 will outsell the VS3 2:1 -

Yah, i agree with you, at first i thought that the rocking trigger would be a neat addition to a gun (i have an electra 05), but after using it for awhile, it just isnt as good as a normal trigger, but i also think that the black is wayyyy nicer than the silver... if only they would make the VS2's in black aswell. :(

marvin-martian
10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
i hated the idea of the rocking trigger since its release

DRAGON
10-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I mentioned the color thing earlier in the thread. Didn't make too much sense to me to offer both in one base color only rather than offer both base colors for both markers. Variety is the spice of life. If I ever get a VS2, I will have it plugged, stripped and reanoed black. Black's ma culla -

durrell
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah the VS2 will probably sell alot more than the VS3's..the Rocking Trigger isn't too popular..

pbfreak3221
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I know a lot of newer kids to the sport, who assume that the rocking trigger is better, so I bet the sales will be pretty close

Hob Hayward
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
With those who have tried it anyways.

Those who havn't generally see it as Kingman markets it.

08Lud08
10-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I like the vs2 trigger better because it looks like the snapdragon trigger. I personally dont like the rocking trigger.

Moe
10-03-2006, 03:39 PM
I was excited. But it turns out it's just more blowbacks..sure, they are low pressure, but they are still blowbacks. I thought kingman was stepping into the future finally. apparently not.

DRAGON
10-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Go to bed Moe -

emf7301
10-03-2006, 04:04 PM
there is nothing wrong with the operation of the blowback when it is set up properly. The reason for the recoil from previous BB was the high pressure and high reciprocating mass of the bolt and striker. Both of those are gone with the new VS's. EP's operate in the same fashion just they use a solenoid to control the airflow rather than a mechanical valve. Minus the way the airflow is controlled, they operating styles of each are virtually the same. A force, either air pressure or spring, pushes a striker of some sort forward to open a passage for the air to push the ball out and then another force, again either air or spring, brings the bolt and striker back to the cocked position. Both work in similar styles. Let's wait to see how they actually feel before making presumptions. Maybe the future is lower pressure blowbacks because of the simplicity of their operation, maintenance, and production.

Moe
10-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Go to bed Moe -

It's 6 p.m! hah.

Sorry, I just thought all the hype was for something. I got dissapointed. It doesnt really matter for me though. i wasn't planning on buying one anyways. Just wanted to voice my dissaproval.:D

emf- I agree with you. I am not saying blow back is bad. Im just saying phenumatic is superior. Air is much more consistant than springs. I have been messing with blowbacks for a loooong time. Again, not knocking blowbacks at all.

TheRedBarron
10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Go to bed Moe -
QFT

Moe
10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Hey, don't belly the young guy....well, the young guy to you old farts. BAHAHA.:butwiggle:

badlandsrox
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey, i was just lookin at pictures of the VS, and noticed the lower air hose... that isnt macroline is it?

emf7301
10-03-2006, 08:44 PM
it sure looks like macroline. would make sense if it is.

DRAGON
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
If there's only 200psi going through the line, macro should be no prob. That would be a good part of keeping costs down for Kingman and for the customer. I personally would change that since I'm not much an advocate of macroline -

STRIKEFIRST
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
to all you neigh sayers...if a blow back is capable of 40bps and an EP is capable of 40 bps...which blows first...a blowbacks valve or an over stressed noid?

I'd put my money on the noid.

Halucin8
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
If i am reading vcorrectly isn't the reg at the bottomline instead of attached to the vertical adapter? Wouldn't that make it more prone to liquid co2 than the vertical style regs and be a reason to not use co2 unless it is antisiphoned?

Rux
10-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Yes, the regulator is part of the bottom line.

turbo chicken
10-16-2006, 07:09 AM
i'd bet i can get that primal I've always wanted for cheap now!!! yay