PDA

View Full Version : Solution for cocking pin getting lost

MVS1
07-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Here is away of preventing your cocking pin from getting lost in the field if it pops out. Doesn't do anything to keep it from popping out (however since I did this, it has yet to pop out during field play). Another thing I noticed is if you keep the cocking pin receptacle clean and lubed (marker oil) the pin comes out easily and stays put during firing (over 4000 rounds w/out it popping out). Since there doesn't seem to be a direct fix for the cocking pin issue at least you won't have to worry about sifting through the dirt trying to find your pin. Sorry the pictures are not "clearer", but you should be able to get the idea.

druid
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
very nice. Here's an alternative CLICK ME (http://www.skanline.com/pages-productinfo/product-494/kingman-kingman-spyder-push-pin.html?zenid=4d7bdfb8bf8fe8cf854a4658008650e3)

MVS1
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
This was to resolve the cocking pin problem. The quick release pin is a great solution for replacing the bolt/striker retaining pin/cotter pin. Druid thanks for the link I had been looking to replace the retaining pin/cotter pin with one of those.