PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas.

Icedveins
07-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Alrighty guys. It's time for a new tat (number 5). I need your help. I want the Trinity symbol on my upper back (ignore the wall in the pic, I was just screwin' around) but, I want more to it. I think it would be kind of neat to make it look..kinda...aged, or used. I'm not sure what I could do to make it look like that. I know there are some VERY creative minds here and some good drawers. Any ideas would be appriciated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Jo060/3rdtat.jpg

TacTownKilla
07-12-2006, 11:03 AM
How bout viva la kusa on the left butt cheak? What does the Trinity symbol mean?

marvin-martian
07-12-2006, 11:04 AM
How bout viva la kusa on the left butt cheak? What does the Trinity symbol mean?
truff

big_daddy_d
07-12-2006, 11:05 AM
i'd do the trinity pattern and ask the artist to do a gray wash shading where it's darker towards the outside and lightens as it goes towards the middle of the symbol...

MatthewTheTheif
07-12-2006, 11:26 AM
tactown-the trinity is basically a different version of the christian cross, it symbolizes "the father, the son, and the holy spirit"

except its not christian

iced, idk about you, but im getting something like this once im 18, idk if you want anything other than the knot though

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/MatthewTheTheif/DSCN0273.jpg

just tell the tat guy to draw a few and put some scratches and stuff on them and see which one you like the best

Icedveins
07-12-2006, 11:33 AM
i'd do the trinity pattern and ask the artist to do a gray wash shading where it's darker towards the outside and lightens as it goes towards the middle of the symbol...
Not a bad idea at ALL!
Do you mean in the spaces?
Thanks!

tactown-the trinity is basically a different version of the christian cross, it symbolizes "the father, the son, and the holy spirit"

except its not christian

iced, idk about you, but im getting something like this once im 18, idk if you want anything other than the knot though

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/MatthewTheTheif/DSCN0273.jpg

just tell the tat guy to draw a few and put some scratches and stuff on them and see which one you like the best

Yup, you're right :) yay someone knew :)

It's Christian!

big_daddy_d
07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
in the big circle area i would go full on gray, and then the graywashing between the lines of the arcs and the circle itself... Hope thats not confusing, I may try to draw a quick sketch later when I get some time...

thechubbss12
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
humm speaking of the Trinity.... Did you know that Zeplin put that on thier albums as one of the symbols... the one with the circle around it... but go firgure 3 of the members of Zeplin were and are satanic worshipers?..... Dont beleve me look it up =).

Either way i am with Mathew... if i was not indian i would get that tat on my back... but instead im getting one on the top of my hand.

Ace24
07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Matt... Depending on how big that tatoo is... your looking at sitting there for 4 hours or so while the tatoo artist does that. Have fun enduring that kinda pain for 4 hours. Although I am getting something like that on my back (tribal design I printed onto one of my shirts)

AussieBaller
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
The idea that came to me to make it look worn or old was randomly around the design have small pieces chipped or broken off. Not so many that you can't tell what the symbol is but enough that it has the look your going for. Hope I don't have to draw that, cause I don't think I could. lol