PDA

View Full Version : MR1 project... Hmmm...

Ace24
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I was thinking about getting an MR1 and making it a project when I get the money.

I was going to buy one of those camo green barrel plastic cover thingys to make it look like a M4 barrel.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=COMV9OThMasVSqBUJwfVXO5Ht0xs_T2rQKs=?Pro ductID=GQ_AqArb3A8AAAD_EE6ny7KW

Something like that only with a J&J or some other type of barrel on the inside.

I was thinking the MR1 would be the best to do this with and would look the best because its cheap, (only 90 at walmarts) and it doesnt have that huge shroud.

Do you guys think it would look cool?

Then I would put a red dot sight on it with a lifted sight rail (providing I could find one for the MR1)

Another thing I was going to do would be paint the gun camo colors when I finished putting upgrades on. Making everything match.

thechubbss12
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Humm i think that you might enjoy upping the t-1 when you get it LOL.....

But its not a bad idea... since we all know you are into scenario....

Ace24
07-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah haha. I might have to wait... a while... (more like 3 months or so) before I even start working on an MR1 project. This T-1 buisness is taking all my time right now lol.

oldnewb
07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Ace, that's awesome. I've been considering the same thing for some time now, but it's really hard to compare the MR1 to something like the Tippman A5 in terms of number of potential cosmetic upgrades. Of course, the A5 has been out forever, and the MR1 is a brand new baby in comparison.

Still, the MR1 is my first marker since getting back into paintball, so I'm really rooting for this simple, but solid offering. The things I've been considering is adding a foregrip mounted to this:

http://www.buypbl-paintball.com/cgi-bin/zcore.pl?pid=2034&id_equipement=1819

Also a red-dot sight, perhaps on a raised sight rail. Of course, chop the top bar on the stock off as well. J&J ceramic barrel? Remote line of course. Perhaps a mock silencer on the end of the barrel as well.

Your thoughts?

Frat
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
an aim point or aimpoint clone is the raised site you are looking for. You can also fine the aim point mounts by themselvs some times as well.

anemcek
07-13-2006, 04:38 AM
I got a buddy that put an imagine e-grip on it, chopped out the stock hose line and added a drop forward and new hoses, and pimped it out with an apex barrel, looks fairly cool and when functioning properly a fun marker to play with. If you are really into doing personal custom work the options would be rather limitless if you knew someone at a machine shot and were creative.

Ace24
07-13-2006, 11:37 AM
That barrel foregrip is what I was just looking for. I was at the Spec Opps site and all they have is stuff for the Tippmans. It is a little pricey though... But the price I am getting the gun for, it might be a possiblity. You have the same ideas for the MR1 as I do Old. Thats exactly how I would do it and I already have the 14" J&J Ceramic. Muahhaahah.

God that would be a kick-ass looking woodsball marker.

oldnewb
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey, you know what they say about great minds.... :)

Anemcek, when you said, "when functioning properly", what did you mean? E-trigger not agreeing with the MR1 much? Any pics?

Ace, when you get it up and going, be sure to post pics... I'm dying to see what it'd look like when it's done.

Ace24
07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it might be a while before I get the project going... My friend wants to use a marker when he hangs out with me, so this would be the one. I also need a woodsball maker thats non e-grip. So yeah, I will have pics if and when I do it. Might take a while because I am in the process of getting a second job and I owe my parents some money haha.

Old, that site you gave me... PBL is really expencive.. They have eggy's for $119 when they should be $60.

See if you can find that same part on a different website.

anemcek
07-14-2006, 08:21 AM
oldnewb, there was some problem with the hose lines and it was causing the marker to not be as accurate as it should be. The e-trigger worked phenominal though but i think some of the air problems arose from have to a different block on the bottom for a different drop so it could reach the exisiting line(came up a little short on the trigger change), but now he can go e or just stock. I think he may have just rushed the air setup and not installed the fittings at top caliber.

oldnewb
07-14-2006, 12:00 PM
PBL is a Canadian company, so everything is in Canadian bucks, with duty and markup dumped on top. Maybe ordering straight from SpecOps might be cheaper, but myself, I'll probably order it through the local PBL store in Vancouver.

Thanks for the clarification Amacek... I'll consider the e-trigger in the future... maybe a parallel universe where I have more money :) Remember, it's not JUST the cost of the new grip, it's the cost of all the extra paint I'll be throwing, heh. Good to hear that it works though.