PDA

View Full Version : so is the electra 06 worth the money to buy?

wylde01
07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
sorry for posting this if it is already somewhere but i just wanted to know if the electra 06 is worth the money? i have narrowed my search to the ion or the electra and would like to know what people here think.

thanks for all opinions in advance!

applesauce
07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
i have an electra 05, and its a really nice gun, rips pretty hard, i personally like the triger, and it looks nice. but i just shot my buddys ion(he just got) and i really really liked it! it was pretty quiet, no kick, the eyes worked(we wernt using a force feed and it didnt break a ball) and its a lot lighter...im thinking about trading in my electra after the monster game in mich ang getting maybe a used ion with ups. (i get about 250 at my proshop for electra)....thats my take on the whole thing

wylde01
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
thanks...........ive shot an ion but not the electra so i was not all sure but now that ive got someone that thinks almost what i think then i might just go ahead and get the ion instead

devlspawb
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I think the electra is definitely worth it. The eyes work flawlessly, I really like the rocking trigger i think it makes it easier to be fast not neccesarily faster over all. stock barrel is good and runs very well on CO2. Reg works well and keeps shots consistent. I like the ion too, my friend has one. My favorite thing about the ion is how the shot doesn't feel like much happened, no kick, no noise. He has had a lot of problems with his but I dont really blame it on being an ion. The other thing is if you get an ION you need to get an air tank and I didn't want to buy one yet, the electra can run on air and co2. All things being equal if I lived in a vaccuum with no other people I might have gone for the ION but I can't stand how everyone has one and everyone thinks they are the SHlT, so I went with the Electra it is at least as good.

wylde01
07-12-2006, 02:21 PM
thanks for all that imput, i apprecciated it! i do have hpa. oh by the way how much does the electra kick? i have only shot the ion so that is something that i would like to know?

SharpObjects
07-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I'd say they 06 is definatly worth it. I don't think the kick is too bad. Just like any other blowback.

applesauce
07-13-2006, 07:08 AM
if your local proshop has them, you should see if they might let you gas one up and put a few rounds through it, or get a side by side of both the ion and the electra....one thing i will say is that with an ion, you are going to want to upgrade a few things right away...the feed neck if you have a halo or similar, and a new triger, a drop would be nice too but not a huge deal...ide say i like the feel of the spider right out of the box, but if you put a few bucks into the ion it could be very nice

TStites
07-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok I just got my Electra today and had just enough air to test it out. now I know why that trigger is illegal. you can put your finger on the side of the trigger and slide it up and down and that gun will fire 30 bps. when I get my air refilled I will make a video. the gun is a little litter then your average spyder. one thing is for sure. when you fire every one will know write where you are at it is loud. I will add more tommorow when I buy more balls and air

druid
07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I'd say no.....since the VS is now (apparently and basicly) the same thing :dodgy:....just get that

SharpObjects
07-14-2006, 08:55 AM
After seeing the VS, I have to say I like the look of the 06 better. Its great that they run at 200psi though.

TStites
07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
I only had a littel over 1000 PSI in my HP tank the regulater marke was between 500 and 1000 I shot around 50 balls through the gun before it ranout