PDA

View Full Version : What PSI

ross * pilot
07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
hey guys, when i get my cip 15* ass. block, torp reg, macroline what psi do you think i will run at with 20 oz co2 (till i get hpa)?

ooglieboogliebob
07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
you might be able to get as low as 300 or so ... but ... get an aftermarket valve ?? :)

bungeye
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
you wont be able to get as low as 300 unless u have upgraded internals. ie valve, valve pin, striker, bolt, spring kits etc. you will be able to drop it a little bit with the assault block though.

Sandman_Bravo
07-11-2006, 03:45 PM
I was able to drop well below 200 before any re-cocking/hammering isuues occurred. I've found the best gas efficiency, velocity, and performance at 325psi. Last saturday I let a kid use my marker (he had a tlx and was impressed with mine) for a few games and I was amazed at how quiet it was compared to some of the other guns on the field. Going LP is expensive(I have enough invested to buy an upper end marker) and requires a bit of tinkering, but it is very rewarding; especially when you see the results of your labor in action. I hear constantly the crap about Spyder's being entry level guns incapable of competing against expensive ones. Modify your marker as much as you can afford and go mow faces. Getting the right LP set up will help immensely.

ross * pilot
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
sandman, do you still have the acs bolt in your setup because i heard it wasnt good for lp setups, but do you think i wont have recocking probs. with a terp reg and 15* ass. block?

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Well the VA is probably the most critical thing next to the valve for LP.

Sandman's got a bandit bolt.

The problem with kingman markers is that the tolerancing in size of everything, but most importantly, the internal diameters, so everyone could have the same parts but still get different results. Its finicky, but you shouldn't have recocking problems until the point where your velocity will too low anyways.

ross * pilot
07-11-2006, 06:15 PM
so you guys dont think i will have recocking problems with a 15* assault block, torp reg and the stock acs bolt?

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Well you should have no trouble, unless you lower the pressure, whihc is in essense the point of getting the parts to go LP, with a better bolt and a high flow valve you should be set for LP. Besides the need to polish your striker, or if you don't want to buy an aftermarket one.

Sandman_Bravo
07-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I got down on pressure without re-cocking issues using the acs, my problem was I couldn't get the velocity up with the pressure down. It's all about efficiency when you go LP.