PDA

View Full Version : Ion Tadao board released

druid
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
http://f10.putfile.com/7/19107245767.jpg

Every board will include the solenoid, barbs, and new hoses to ease installation. As you can see in the picture, three sockets are present for a replaceable battery harness, external LED harness, and membrane pad harness. The board includes the battery harness, while the other two can be purchased seperately, if desired. A super bright white LED is in the standard LED position near the power switch, and a second tri-color LED is located near the accessory sockets for battery indication and the programming mode.

The board is programmed with a slightly enhanced version of Musashi 7. It has all the normal M7 features (12 fire modes, Gangster breakout modes, etc), and then some new Ion specific dwell timing adjustments that let you change the initial power pulse and sustaining drive pulse percentage. This allows you to really tune the power consumption of the solenoid. As always, rate of fire can be set from 14 to 20 bps in 1/4 bps increments, and an unlimited setting is available for all fire modes.

This is all I have for now. If you guys have any questions im in contact with Will to get updates on information.

UPDATE The MSRP will be $150

Production units are done. Consumer versions should be in next week. All have to go through Quality Control assesment so he is estimating a release soon after Boston NPPL.

--Originally posted by Kolder on PbN
---------------
copied Chiumanfu's post from an Ion forum...discuss

thechubbss12
07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Sweet... Druid you should pick one up.. and tell us how it performs (when they come out)

xtraking
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
more ion stuff? bleh

druid
07-12-2006, 10:13 AM
I think I'd rather have the Stage 4 with NOX...but I'm always seeing Tadao "this n that" everywhere (and no real complaints about them) so I'd surmise it's a very good board in general.

and if I had the spare $150...I'd put it towards an E2

claustrophobia9
07-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I think I'd rather have the Stage 4 with NOX...but I'm always seeing Tadao "this n that" everywhere (and no real complaints about them) so I'd surmise it's a very good board in general.

and if I had the spare $150...I'd put it towards an E2
i thought stage 4 was NOT enabled for dm5 chips...

druid
07-12-2006, 01:37 PM
:D.....I forgot....hrm...well.....I think I'll still hold off until I try out the stage 4 regardless of the chipset...(just hope it's a good one)....