PDA

View Full Version : Recocking issues with LP

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Alright so I finnaly got one of the final parts to my LP setup, the trinity VA which it too anythingxtreme a whole month to get off backorder and into my hands.

After installing it, I was shooting hot till I dropped the pressure down to ~350, at that point it shot very well, however, when I decided to do a recock test, anything below 400 psi doesn't give a recock unless theres a ball in the chamber, however I'm not sure if my guage is reading correctly because I tested it my guaged stock VA on my bros gun when we were trying to resolve some problems, and it got a raw 850 psi put on it while its only supposed to go up to 700, so I'm not sure if I damaged the gauge.

Next parts to upgrade will be a new bolt and a lighter striker, but until then does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing the failed recock even at these pressures? I have polished the striker, and the sear aswell as the bolt.

Functional parts upgrades:

05 imagine
Palmer stabilizer
Trinity VA
Delrin ACS bolt
NDZ HP valve
Polished Striker
Polished sear
Polished ACS

big_daddy_d
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
ACS bolt is the culprit, it does not flow well enough to recock at lower PSI's.

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
But how does the bolt really affect the recock? shouldn't less flowing provide a better recock?

big_daddy_d
07-11-2006, 09:38 AM
for LP purposes you want a high flowing bolt, the ACS bolt is crap in the LP spectrum of things...

emf7301
07-11-2006, 09:42 AM
It affects recock because instead of all the air going through the bolt and out of the barrel like it should, some air escapes around the sides of the bolt. This is the cause of blowback (blowby) up the feedneck. Since some of the air escapes from going through the bolt, you use more air to push the ball and less to push the striker back into position.

You are able to get your gun to recock with paintballs in there because of backpressure. In the process of the air pushing the balls out of the barrel, the paintballs provide some backpressure due to friction, momentum, etc. This backpressure goes back down towards the valve, which pushes more air to the striker. Hence your gun will recock with paintballs.

Hope that helps!

Edit: My spudnukl bolt (delrin bolt with orings and 45* angled inlet for lp) was just shipped the other day so when i get a chance to see how well it performs i'll let you know.

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, thats why I'm gonna get a new bolt with o-rings.

I'm aware of blowby, but I didn't think it would affect the backpressure when dryfiring...

emf7301
07-11-2006, 10:19 AM
well blowby and backpressure are two different things. you can have one without the other.

ooglieboogliebob
07-11-2006, 10:27 AM
... orange bolt, Sunbear bolt, AKA lightning ... you know what they are ;) just go for a good highflowing one and you should be good ...

Maybe even drill out the trinity a bit for higher flowing ??

Prospekt
07-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I just got me a Bandit Bolt. seems to work well, but I'm still waiting on the assault block

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm looking at the spudnuk'l bolt from www.pbbolts.com for 23$, I'd go with a sunbear, but 27$ more is ALOT.

Any other suggestions for a good yet relatively cheap bolt?

Looking at otters bolt chart: LP page (http://http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html)

The bandit bolt was significantly worse than the spudnuk'l. However, those tests are done at hp, and don't neccissary denote the best bolt for LP.

ooglieboogliebob
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
... used bolt .... ?? cheaper that way ...

bungeye
07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
haey reguarding ur first post. you said u have delrin ACS bolt, then u said u polished it. are u supossed to do this?

bungeye
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
hey looking at otters page again i am confused. what bolt is the best for LP, as otter did his testing at HP.
cheers

Sandman_Bravo
07-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Bandit Bolt with o-rings, problems solved- been there, done that.

emf7301
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm looking at the spudnuk'l bolt from www.pbbolts.com for 23$, I'd go with a sunbear, but 27$ more is ALOT.

the spudnukl bolt for the pilot is 25 not 23. if you do get it from them, make sure it's the electra 2k5 bolt on the second page. Just to let you know, i ordered mine about a week ago and he sent it out yesterday. So don't expect it to arrive immediately. Also be sure to specify whether you want the lp or hp version.

Hob Hayward
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I have an imagine...

And where might one buy a banditbolt, the site banditpaintball is down :(

Sandman_Bravo
07-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Wish I had Bandit's phone number. For what it's worth, here's my second choice in bolts:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3555/

I would have bought this one but they haven't been in stock all year. I called the guy up and he said just keep checking the site. ??
These look good too:

http://www.spudnukl.com/

Good luck with whatever you choose.

STRIKEFIRST
07-12-2006, 04:44 AM
I found a bolt manufacturer that will computer mill an acs bolt for orings. milled with orings will be 5 bucks plus shipping both ways IF...the delrin is thick enough...I'm throwing calipers on mine (as soon as I find a set). he said he needs to go .13" (so slighty more than an 1/8"). So as soon as I caliper mine he'll make a decsicion.

If interested PM me.

Sandman_Bravo
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
We already had a guy try that here (search the pilot forums) and it didn't work. The drag created from the o-rings messed up the acs, caused the spring to partially compress due to inertia + drag. It shortened the bolt and I think he was getting chops.

druid
07-12-2006, 07:44 PM
listen.....get a normal 'vision' cocking bolt and remove the venturi...

STRIKEFIRST
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Why did you "polish" your delrin bolt? and what did you do it with...that possibly could make the difference...removing material from the acs bolt when its not a good fit already.

Hob Hayward
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Eh I lightly rubbed 1500 grit sandpaper over it to smooth out the surface of it, I guess I'll try out my stock bolt when I get the chance to fully polish it, but in any case I think I'm gonna go with a spudnuk'l, unless someone knows of a better bolt? I'd consider the acp blue bolt, but I've heard to much bad stuff about them not shipping, and I know the spudnuk'l is supposed to be good.

But thanks for the help so far!

Hob Hayward
07-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I'd just edit my previosu post, but then no one would read it so: anyone have opinions on the sunbear, I'm probably gonna pick one up used, 25$.

vikingshadow
07-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Like Druid said, stock bolt with venturi removed is good enough for LP. That's all I used with my Sonix when I took her to LP. Since then, if you're really wanting an AC bolt, I've used a Jambolt and they're pretty awesome.

ORRRR, if you can find a Tigershark bolt, they're really awesome as well.