PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Striker

new_Faction64
07-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone, has anyone here put a lighter striker into thier MR2? The MR2 as we all know comes w/ that very heavy (in my opinion) striker, but has the very light ACS delrin bolt. I wanted to reduce kick, and improve air efficiency a bit and buy a new lighter striker, but I was not sure if this will be workable if I'm not going LP.

I plan to buy a spring kit already, and assume this would help any raised velocity problems from a lighter striker.

Any answers would help. Thx.

ooglieboogliebob
07-10-2006, 08:41 PM
actually ... you have it the opposite way ... the lighter striker would help the internals cycle faster ... but the velocity would decrease unless you put a lighter valve or harder main in ... reason behind this is because the lighter striker would hit the valve and put out less force than the stock striker making the valve not open as long as it used to be ....

Not really efficiency raised with it ...just faster cycling ...

Less kick would be going LP ... no other way ...

Go for a reg ... should help a lot ... unless you like the misilm look ... although you might be able to mod it ... Or go for a aftermarket valve ....

Putting in a light mainspring and a heavy valve spring should reduce kick a bit ... if it's possible to maintain 275fps that is ....

new_Faction64
07-10-2006, 10:04 PM
actually ... you have it the opposite way ... the lighter striker would help the internals cycle faster ... but the velocity would decrease unless you put a lighter valve or harder main in ... reason behind this is because the lighter striker would hit the valve and put out less force than the stock striker making the valve not open as long as it used to be ....

Not really efficiency raised with it ...just faster cycling ...

Less kick would be going LP ... no other way ...

Go for a reg ... should help a lot ... unless you like the misilm look ... although you might be able to mod it ... Or go for a aftermarket valve ....

Putting in a light mainspring and a heavy valve spring should reduce kick a bit ... if it's possible to maintain 275fps that is ....

Ahh oh well. I don't think I'd wanna do LP just yet, mainly because I hear newer Spyder's may not work very well w/ LP.

But if I ever did go LP, it would be easy keeping the Milsim look, just would need to get a reg. that would be on-tank, or in the ASA position (under drop), I think Palmer makes ones that can do that.

ooglieboogliebob
07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
they do .. but it's not that great ....

lilc
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey everyone, has anyone here put a lighter striker into thier MR2?...I plan to buy a spring kit already, and assume this would help any raised velocity problems from a lighter striker.
I put an Alamo City lightened striker and ringless Delrin bolt in my ESP e-triggered MR1. A Shocktech spring kit was mandatory in order to get the correct spring rate for reliable recocking under full-auto fire, but it solved my problems.
http://www.pbase.com/image/62937173.jpg

Hossy
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
wow thats a serious dent in the tank.

SundragonPPS
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Ahh oh well. I don't think I'd wanna do LP just yet, mainly because I hear newer Spyder's may not work very well w/ LP.

But if I ever did go LP, it would be easy keeping the Milsim look, just would need to get a reg. that would be on-tank, or in the ASA position (under drop), I think Palmer makes ones that can do that.

this is the plan for my mr2. i'm going to add a palmer's female, rocket valve and some other mods. i have a well thought out plan. the prob with the female is how do you attach the line on either end when both have different threads? i have a plan for that as well. i will be typing out an article in the spps tech section about the whole process once it's completed.

bob is correct about the super light strikers. removing too much weight needs to be compensated for in some manner. that's exactly why we did not go to extremes with the dragonfly striker. this is another component going into my personal lp mr2.

new_Faction64
07-14-2006, 10:25 AM
this is the plan for my mr2. i'm going to add a palmer's female, rocket valve and some other mods. i have a well thought out plan. the prob with the female is how do you attach the line on either end when both have different threads? i have a plan for that as well. i will be typing out an article in the spps tech section about the whole process once it's completed.

bob is correct about the super light strikers. removing too much weight needs to be compensated for in some manner. that's exactly why we did not go to extremes with the dragonfly striker. this is another component going into my personal lp mr2.

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to see how it does.