PDA

View Full Version : Got my Freak, Firebolt, and Halo for the ION!

ShadowX
07-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, For a Birthday present I got the Firebolt and I bought the Halo and Freak for myself.. I only got three inserts for it though, I didn't have enough money for the whole kit.. Lol.. This thing shoots AMAZING now.. The bolt and Freak made the BIGGEST difference, I think, Out of anything you can get for an ION.. I am at 10 Dwell and Running at 140 PSI.. Shooting 285 FPS.. The only other things I plan on doing to it are maybe a White body and grips, but that is about it.. I may get the Virtue when it comes down in price a little bit, but It is really not necessary for me.. Well, here are the Ups:

06 Freak, 14 Inch, 06 Back and Front (.687, .689, and .693 inserts)
Trinity T-lock feed neck
Smart Parts Firebolt
Kila Detents
Clippard QEV
AKA 2-Liter + Reg
NDZ Roller trigger
Blackheart board
Smart Parts Rail and On/Off ASA

Pic 1: (And, Yes, I do have a Tank Cover, But is in the washing machine right now, Lol, It is an NXe )
http://i6.tinypic.com/1zmcuw2.jpg

Pic 2:
http://i6.tinypic.com/1zmcwfq.jpg

Opinions?

timmyshoota
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Keep the body the way it is, get Virtue.

You've pretty much done all the right mods for it, and not done anything that is a big loss. Keep going on that path.

bamf-hacker
07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Shadow looking good... A board is a nice upgrade. Even though I have a Virtue, don't get one unless you are a Brand kind of guy. The T-Board is the same thing and it is cheaper. I got my Virtue board because there were no T-Boards in stock.

HacKeR

timmyshoota
07-10-2006, 06:08 PM
The only time I see aftermarket boards as needed is when the stock board is insufficient. Smart Parts has a history of this(i.e. Nerve boards). I can't remember what settings the stock Ion board has, but I'm almost positive aftermarkets are a big step up over them. I hope SP fixes that with the new generation of Shockers.

bamf-hacker
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
The only time I see aftermarket boards as needed is when the stock board is insufficient.

Not really insufficient, but not convenient. I found it annoying to open the grip frame all the time to make adjustments. Also the stock power led was very weak. It was almost impossible to see if the gun was on.

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
07-10-2006, 06:21 PM
looks great, did you get a good firebolt? i want to see some reviews on this new shocktech bolt that looks like it may have potential, but until then firebolt is the best buy... what do you think?

thechubbss12
07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Ions are not for me but alot of people enjoy using them.... i hope that this one will treat you nicely...

ShadowX
07-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Wow! Thanks for all of the comments guys.. And Yes Claus, I LOVE the firebolt.. I never got a chance to use an L6, But This bolt is REALLY nice.. I must have gotten a good bolt Claus, I have shot Two cases through it and no chops/leaks/or anno wear.. I can get about a hopper shy of a case of paint per 68/4500 fill.. It is shooting the best I have ever seen it shoot..

As for getting the Blackheart board, I got it used for 50 bucks.. And you can't even tell it was used.. I also wanted PSP mode for the CFOA tournys that I might play in the fall.. And the Chirp is AWESOME.. No more staring at that stupid, weak, red LED..

And timmyshoota, After thinking it over I might keep that stock body, it does look pretty good... : )

I am going to get a new feed neck though.. The Trinity was great until I got my Halo, It doesn't Fit, I have to take the Locking system off of the feed neck for the Halo to fit (as shown in the pics).. Got any suggestions on feed necks?? I was thinking an SP Q-lock, but I know there are a lot of new feed necks out that I don't know about..

I might also get grips.. Does anyone have a suggestion on what would look good/feel good grips wise??

Thanks for all the comments guys!

claustrophobia9
07-11-2006, 05:12 AM
hey, if you want to sell the SS fittings for the blackheart lmk, maybe you can make the cost of the board alot less :)

bamf-hacker
07-11-2006, 05:24 AM
I love my Hybrid grips... I think they look great and feel good too. You can also get the Dye Stickies for the Ion, but they are like a sleeve, which means if you don't cut the back of the grips you will need to take them completely off to change the batteries or with the BH Board to change settings.

HacKeR

Angel69
07-11-2006, 07:19 AM
if i were u id get all the upgrades for ur gun but get the board last.

i always hear there making new bigger and better boards for the ion so if i were u id wait...i hear mushao or w/e's board will be well worth the wait

but VERY nice loooking gun :)

Paradox313
07-11-2006, 08:12 AM
i never did like plain black looking guns
too plain
but the gun itself is awsome

i never did understand how FREAK barrell systems work
could someone tell me how they do?

ShadowX
07-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Well, The Freak has inserts.. You get a Freak back and then the insert slides into the back.. You then screw on the Front and it makes a complete barrel.. The inserts are different sizes for different kinds of paint.. You match the paint to the insert, and then put it in the Freak back and shoot people.. Lol.. It allows you to have a barrel kit for two different guns without having to buy the WHOLE kit.. Say you have an Autococker and an ION.. All you would need is an ION threaded Freak back and an Autococker threaded Freak back.. You only need one set of inserts and one tip though.. It is actually a really great idea and it is VERY accurate..

Yeah, As I upgraded the ION I wanted everything to be Black... I think it looks good.. I thought I was going to get a Dust silver Freak tip, White body and white grips, then a white body kit for the Halo.. But, I have changed my mind and decided to keep it all Black..

Also, It seems like people don't realize that I already have a board.. I have a Blackheart.. If Mushai or Tadao comes out with a board sometime I might pick one of those up.. Or if a Predator comes out I will get that..

Paradox313
07-11-2006, 01:05 PM
cool
i might buy one with like 2 or 3 inserts now
thanks
and still
cool ion
but needs some color

ShadowX
07-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I wish I had added some color as I Uped it (I have been upgrading it slowing since Christmas).. But, It would cost too much money now to convert it over to like Blue or Red accents..

Paradox313
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah
i have some big plans for my ion

timmyshoota
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Get the SP pro-touch grips or Sticky Grips. Hybrids are SUPER uncomfortable until well broken in.