PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! My dog just bit the mailman!

vikingshadow
07-10-2006, 09:38 AM
I have no clue what's going to happen now.

Of all the dogs I've had, I really don't care for this one much at all. She's a spoiled little ***** because my kids and wife treat her like a baby. The dog and I are in "toleration" mode of each other. She knows I'm the Alpha Male and I'll kick her butt hard enough to put her through a wall....but she knows my wife will take up for her.

BTW, she's a Min Pin that barks at everything and drives me nuts!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paradox313
07-10-2006, 09:43 AM
my dogs too stupid and scared to even think of biting the mailman
oh and what'd ya get?

bamf-hacker
07-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Did it break skin? and did the dog get peppered? Don't most postal carriers have pepper spray in case of dog attacks?

At least were they bringing you a good package?

HacKeR

DyNasty9
07-10-2006, 09:55 AM
wow thats wierd, my dog last night bite this girl that came to my house, and hes a really nice dog usually.hows the mail man?

marvin-martian
07-10-2006, 10:00 AM
he didnt make the mailman drop the package did he!?!?

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 17 seconds.

vikingshadow
07-10-2006, 10:12 AM
All we got were bills....

Nah, she didn't get peppered. We know him (he lives down the street from us) and he's seen this dog before several times. She's just getting a LOT more territorial lately. The bite did break the skin, but the guy was cool about it. Unfortunately, my wife already called the vet and they said by law we have to kennel the dog for 10 days (I assume to make sure she doesn't have rabies - unfortunately, since she's an indoor dog, and never goes anywhere except the back yard which has a big privacy fence, we never got her rabies shots. She got all the others though.)

My kids are crying about it and my wife is going nuts.....they have to file a report and she'll get a mark on her record as a "vicious dog" and if it happens again, they have to put her down. That's the hard part right now.

DexGtr
07-10-2006, 10:55 AM
one of the reasons i don't have a dog. :)

don't get me wrong i lubs them...and would like to have one....but it's just too much hassle.

MatthewTheTheif
07-10-2006, 11:36 AM
lol, turtles never bite mailmen

ooglieboogliebob
07-10-2006, 12:24 PM
but turtarks are a different story ... :p

It has to suck for you ... but ... being without that dog for 10 days should be paradise right ?? :)

DexGtr
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
but turtarks are a different story ... :p

It has to suck for you ... but ... being without that dog for 10 days should be paradise right ?? :)

not with the wife upset. that's even worst :D

vikingshadow
07-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Wife and both kids - all three women.....

Next 10 days are going to test my manhood to it's limits!

Sac
07-10-2006, 02:34 PM
do yourself a favor vike, put it down now, b/c it's never going to get better, it's gonna bite again and it will probably end up being one of your kids, do it now before they get even more attached.

i speak from personal experience we also have a vicious dog (chow chow) packs alot more punch than a little mop like yours, he's bitten on several occasions but my mom is so attached she refuses to put it down, so i have to live with that damn dog that i hate.

about 1 month ago he bit our neighbor on the arm and he had to be hospitalized for an infection, since then he's attempted to bite 2 more people, completely unprevoked, but my mom wont get rid of him, my dad and i have both offered to take care of it but she refuses... save yourself bills and headaches and get rid of it now.

dont mean to sound harsh but it's true.

vikingshadow
07-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I understand what you're saying, and I tend to agree but dang! Talk about a hard thing to do. Not so much for me, but the girls (especially my oldest) is STILL in a funk about her being gone for 10 days. Just to let you know, she took a picture of the dog to camp with her, and left the picture of the family at home!

ooglieboogliebob
07-10-2006, 03:06 PM
HAHA !!! ... man shows how much she cares about the family :dodgy:

maybe try to replace it with a semi-identical dog ... they'll never notice :D

druid
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Vike...I realize this in NO way, pertains to you..but I was raised with all hunting dogs and they were considered "tools." I know yours is a "family member (to the others)...but I hate to say it...when they start to attack people for no reason, it doesn't stop without severe intervention. Most would consider it "cruelty to animals" and have you charged...so I wouldn't even suggest you hand the dog's ass to itself.

With our dogs, they were kept in a heated/insulated Kennel and outside all year. When the time came they could no longer hunt, they were taken out back and put down.

I fear that you are going to have to do the same with this one...just with the vet.

thechubbss12
07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Dumb dogs deserve a smack every now and then........ If it tries to bite again give a a swift smack to the head.... Dont kick it though kicking will injur the dog more then disipline it...

vikingshadow
07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, that's what I've spent the entire afternoon explaining to the 3 females in the house....stop babying and assert a little discipline.

I don't honestly think she's biting for no reason. Min Pins, by their very nature, are aggressive and defend their families and territory. Usually, she barks her head off until I get after her, and after a bit of sniffing, she tends to cautiously play with the person. She has always attacked the door when the mailman shows up because he's there, then gone. I think she just saw her opportunity when my youngest opened the door to get the mail.

But, it's not an option my wife and I haven't talked about. We hope we don't have to, but we will if it comes to that. My oldest is in her room ***bing right now - over the dog AND losing their final game in her softball tournament...it's a pretty tough night for her, to say the least!

Sac
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
lolz. s.o.b. is filtered how lamerz.

at least the dog didnt bite that ups girl, it would definately get put down for that.

Hossy
07-10-2006, 09:27 PM
at least the dog didnt bite that ups girl, it would definately get put down for that.

lol

i bet it would

TacTownKilla
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
lolz. s.o.b. is filtered how lamerz.

I would have had to put it down personally for that.

bigred76
07-11-2006, 02:07 PM
:yeahthat: I'm sure your wife would complain, but the dog asked for it.