PDA

View Full Version : Now this is cool! 56K beware!

Ace24
07-09-2006, 06:47 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8649021760466371271&q=Paintball

That is one awesome special opps unit. That kinda thing I would love to do. Only I dont think it would be possible... Those are military operation practices. *sigh*

killerpinecone
07-09-2006, 09:28 PM
i didnt like, but that my opinion, dont like scenario

druid
07-09-2006, 10:56 PM
HAHA.....I LOVE scenario but I'll give an honest critique...

my SITREP....

The Team's tactics and response were not all that dissimilar from what we use on SRT but there were a few mistakes (based solely on my training) that were made...but it was an excellent, excellent scenario and video.

I saw an excellent use of communication - both visual and verbal.

Command Structure and Tactics appeared to be well planned and rehearsed/trained.

I saw members following the directions of the Team Leader as quickly and accurately as possible.

The deployment of smoke (simulating grenades, I'm guessing) failed at the initial entry point and would have blown the team to bits and needed to be deeper in the doorway.

Cornering/doorway clearing tactics need a little work but were overall, fairly decent.

Covering at windows was initially "ok to poor" from what I observed. It appeared that the entire team simply approached the windows but then backed away. In fairness though, it's likely the cameraman wasn't getting all the members and I could be completely wrong because members were possibly out of sight (out of camera).

The exit strategy on the mezzanine staircase was poorly maneuvered. There needs to be a better 'leap-frog advance' in single column applied:

1. Member #1...cover from AT the door.
2. Member #2...pass #1 and descend one level to the landing and cover.
3. Member #3...pass 1 & 2 and descend to the next level down and cover.
4. Member #4...pass 1, 2 and 3 and post....and so forth, until everyone leap-frogs out of the building.

I also liked how the MARPATs (or copies) blended to all the involved environments...from tall grasses to the inside the structure and shadow areas.

The mission was accomplished with minimal casualties.

Overall, I give the mission a 9/10 and the video an 8/10 because it really only focused on the team and not the scenario in general (probably the intent though). Video quality and focus was good.

I want access to that building.....:dodgy:

bamf-hacker
07-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Very Sweet!!!

I am looking to do a scenario event soon. I am not going to go the route of making a MilSim (of course I say that now, but I also said I would not upgrade my Ion :)) But I want to play at least one...

HacKeR

Victa_Balla
07-10-2006, 05:26 AM
Nice. Id like to do a scenario game, butI dont know where to find one...I would deffinantly like to get access to this complex though.

DRAGON
07-10-2006, 05:44 AM
........I saw members following the directions of the Team Leader as quickly and accurately as possible..............

That's where I would fail. I'm more prone to use my own judgment. I think I would follow things to a certain point and if I felt what I was told to do wasn't going to work, sry......it's just not happening here lol. My motto: things never work out as planned, improvise, adapt and overcome. I am teh cat.....stealthy, patient, calculated, analytic, I only take chances when I see an opened opportunity for success. Look over your shoulder, eventually, I'm there - :cool:

Victa_Balla
07-10-2006, 06:06 AM
What I didn't like, was the fact that you saw shots being taken. and they were all like "SHOTS FIRED" But I didn't see a single bad guy shooting. I saw one or two dead...But thats it.

MatthewTheTheif
07-10-2006, 08:31 AM
i would love to do a scenario like that...

if it didnt cost hundreds for the equipment and stuff

but seriously, where do you find a complex like that

oldnewb
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Heh... I've got a friend that runs airsoft games out of a decommissioned BC Ferry... think of a ship with 4 levels, the size of a small cruise ship, that's meant to carry a belly-full of cars on the 2 lower levels. Now THAT would be cool to play paintball in (can anyone say anti-terrorist scenarios?).

I think he also mentioned something about an abandoned hospital as well...

druid
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Victa balla....spec Ops Brigade has a "game locator" and it's 85% woods/scenario. Become a member (for free), PM me if you want the link.

Dragon...I too have those tendencies...and you're absolutely right..."stuff happens..." but you/we need to expect the goofy stuff to happen. That's what makes the scenario more realistic...the "unknowns" of the event. Improvision is a key in scenario...but it doesn't really happen too much on an airball field (or at least, not nearly as often).
The thing about following directions is that A) Supervisors/Team mates know where you are (supposed to be); B) There is no "I" in "Team" C) sneaky is good...and scenarios allow it to a greater extent than speedball

Matt...usually it's an abandonned/for sale building. You can learn who the Owner is by researching the tax office in the county of it's address. Get the Owner's name, address and phone # and send a formal request to meet/discuss using the property while it's vacant.

spydermr1
07-10-2006, 06:58 PM
That was freaking awesome!

DFSniper
07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
i can't wait to get back to the states, get a job, and build me a scenario gun, and watching that video makes me want to even more!

DRAGON
07-11-2006, 02:31 AM
The thing about following directions is that A) Supervisors/Team mates know where you are (supposed to be); B) There is no "I" in "Team" C) sneaky is good...and scenarios allow it.........

Yes, unfortunately I do have instances where my own team mates don't know who's side I'm on and get shot at by them - :dodgy:

There were actually a few things in that vid I would not do, for instance: I do not very often walk trails, I would have walked along just outside of the building right next to the wall checking inside for opposition and not making an easy shot for someone possibly on the second floor....not 15 feet away from it, I would not stop in an open area and just look around, i only stop where there is near by cover, when in a team you should not really be congregated together makes for the easy tag of more than one person.

Ace24
07-11-2006, 10:12 AM
There is a big scenario game series that is held in FL. Here is a link to some of the videos of the scenarios they hold there.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3529375130603209653&q=Ragtop+Paintball

Thats in Ocala, FL.

But yeah, Spec Opps birgade showes alot of close games.

__________________________________EDIT____________ ___________________________

Here is the link to all the ragtop videos. They are mostly scenario games... Watching some of them gave me ideas of what places might be funner then others to play at.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Ragtop+Paintball

---------------------------------------Tyger's FPS Video------------------------------------
Another cool series to watch is Rob "Tyger"'s series. He uses a long bow and some gun with the inverted feed system. He uses a FPS cam and you see all the hilarious video from his angle.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Web+Dog+Radio&page=1&so=1

Oh yeah, and he uses a pretty kick ass pump. Not sure what brand or gun it is though.

Ace24
07-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Holy cow, so this is what the grenade launcher does...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2675594767444016971&q=Paintball

bamf-hacker
07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Holy cow, so this is what the grenade launcher does...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2675594767444016971&q=Paintball

OK now I hate you :)

I want to make a MilSim so I can get one of those...

HacKeR

Ace24
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I thought it actually shot grenades... but its... like a shotgun. Like KAPOW! Owch...

druid
07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
they can also shoot nerf rockets (didn't watch the vids yet) but yeah...they are cool (unless yer getting pelted by it :dodgy: )

edit....nerfs not in those. Nerfs go in the bazookas that run off an air tank and ball valve release.

Ace24
07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Hang on I can find one shooting at a tank.

--------------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------

Found it!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3692796387678563351&q=Ragtop+Video