PDA

View Full Version : 06 Electra Battery Draining

devlspawb
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
My 06 electra is draining the battery with the power off. At first I thought it just wasn't charging but it is fine unless it sits for a few days then it will be completely dead. Any other electra owners having this problem and do any Kingman employees ever read these forums?

pbgrandpa
07-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Yea mine does the same thing. Called Kingman about it and got a B-S answer about charging the battery to long. None of my other Kingman markers had this problem. Think it has something to do with the eyes or maybe the board itself. It's really not a big problem for me-I just wanted an answer and didn't get it.

badlandsrox
07-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Im not having that problem, although i can suggest that you go to your local paintball shop, and purchase a new battery (NOT A STANDARD 9V!!!!!) and see if that does anything, if not, its probobly in the board.

Wait!!, did you charge it completly when you got it, or did you just throw it in your gun after it had been on the charger for awhile, or not at all, cuz that can ruin it for the rest of its use.

devlspawb
07-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Ok I figured out what the problem is. I hooked an amp meter up and it is drawing 2.8ma of current all the time even with the gun off. At that rate it should die in about 2.5 days which is pretty close to whats been happening. I hooked the meter up to my Spyder Pilot just to test and there was no draw at all.

Looks like it is definitely the board, I'll have to get kingman to replace it.

BiG_i
07-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Were You Able To Get That Board Replaced By Kingman Because I Have The Same Problem And They Gave Me The Same Bs.

devlspawb
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
he told me to send back the trigger frame and battery. So ya I'm pretty sure they will, it sucks I will be without a marker for a while though.

SharpObjects
07-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Won't upping the board stop that?

big_daddy_d
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
but if it's the newer board with eyes, the new board may not be compatible with eyes...

devlspawb
07-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Why would I up the board on a brand new gun that already has eyes and can shoot 30bps?

countrydevil
07-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Well one thing I have been doing is disconnect the battery when not in use. And when you are going to use it, charge the battery the night before. Disconnect after its charged. And reconnect before you hit the field. Its a pain to have to do that. But its even more of a pain to send it in and be without the gun for a while.

splaturout
07-16-2006, 05:51 AM
So since you have tested it do you know where the power is going too? eyes? memory? any idea?

devlspawb
07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I unlugged the eyes, the trigger and the solenoid and it still draws power so it is being consumed elsewhere.

SharpObjects
07-24-2006, 07:43 AM
I hate to bring up "dead" threads, but did we ever find out what is causing the battery to drain? I too, have the same problem, so I've been keeping the battery out from the marker when not in use.

TStites
07-24-2006, 08:59 AM
I wonder if that big cap is slowly draining the battery. IF not engineered correctly the cap would still charge and then drain slowly.

BiG_i
07-29-2006, 11:44 PM
I was going to send it in, I did manage to get a decent response from Kingman support via email and he did speak of a few different scenarios that could cause my battery to die (at that time i didn't know it was draining so i thought my battery was only good for 500 shots or something silly the day after i charged it). He said ppl were charging incorrectly or he was fixing one guys board and found it wasn't connected properly somewhere. Eitherway it was kinda bs because basically we all know now (those who own the gun) that it is just the board that drains battery while off. I for one am too lazy and too reluctant to send it in for "repair". I also don't think they can fix it lol or that they would....anyhow that's just what I think.

Cyalume
07-30-2006, 07:40 PM
This is the exact email I got from Kingman about the battery:

At this time there have been a very small number of markers that has had this anomaly and we are trying to figure out what is causing the battery to drain by itself. Not every single marker has had this issue and until we pin point the cause of it we will not be able to manufacture a replacement circuit board to replace those that has the problem.

Seems to me that everyone that has an 06 is complaining of it. They previously told me to just take the battery out of it, which in my opinion, I shouldnt have to do with a new gun. He did say that I would be given a free battery until the fix could be made. I guess thats better than nothing.

SharpObjects
07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Jeeze, I hope they figure it out soon, cause everyone I've heard that has one has this problem.

BiG_i
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
im not really pissed off about it or anything, it's just a bit annoying, other than that i'm very pleased with the marker and it's performance.

pbgrandpa
07-31-2006, 09:05 AM
This is the exact email I got from Kingman about the battery:

At this time there have been a very small number of markers that has had this anomaly and we are trying to figure out what is causing the battery to drain by itself. Not every single marker has had this issue and until we pin point the cause of it we will not be able to manufacture a replacement circuit board to replace those that has the problem.

Seems to me that everyone that has an 06 is complaining of it. They previously told me to just take the battery out of it, which in my opinion, I shouldnt have to do with a new gun. He did say that I would be given a free battery until the fix could be made. I guess thats better than nothing.I received the very same response when I emailed them. A free battery:mad:

SharpObjects
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, a free backup battery isn't so bad, since they sell for like, $10.

pbgrandpa
07-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, a free backup battery isn't so bad, since they sell for like, $10.I guess a battery is OK---but seems like they would have a few x-tra boards laying around to replace the ones that are bad.

druid
07-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I guess a battery is OK---but seems like they would have a few x-tra boards laying around to replace the ones that are bad.

The do...they are overseas in a cargo container, on a ship that looks like the one from Mortal Kombat. They are surrounded by sacks of rice and opium, waiting for our Terror Alert status to downgrade :dodgy:

Command2A
08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Jeeze, I hope they figure it out soon, cause everyone I've heard that has one has this problem.

Funny, I was competing with an Electra 06 Owner on the weekend and his marker lasted for 2 games and then died. He had to use my charger as he did not bring his to the field. He was not Happy about sitting out for most of that day waiting for a full battery charge.