PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm being ripped off...

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I had my PSP and didn't really use it a whole lot and I wanted an Ipod so I post it on the Nation and I find this guy named Wanger and he wanted to trade his 4gb Nano and Fm transmitter+$40 for my PSP and games and stuff. I agree to ship first and send my psp out about 3 months ago. The problem is I still have yet to get my Ipod. He claimed to have shipped it and gotten signature conformation via USPS, well I never recieved any package or signed for anything so something was not right. After about a month of trying to get him to find it, he finally says they never shipped it from the store because something about him not paying right. Well he picked it up and took it to UPS to ship it to me. This was about the time I went to New Orleans so I expected to find it when I got home. It still wasn't here. I repeatedly asked him for a tracking number, but her won't give it to me, it seems if I ask him certain questions on MSN the conversation just ends. He says he has a picture of a signature that was signed for the package on the UPS website, but he has yet to show that to me either. What should I do? Also can you ship UPS without getting a tracking number?

Hossy
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
that sucks bud...

if u woulda posted it here, i probably woulda bought the games and all off of you

post in the theft report on pbn and be like im calling the authorities and all, maybe hell give in then

QAZ123
07-08-2006, 10:13 AM
You still have his address? Contact local authorities and let him know you are doing so.

JB.h

durrell
07-08-2006, 10:31 AM
You still have his address? Contact local authorities and let him know you are doing so.

JB.h

That's what I'd do.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 10:40 AM
What will the local authorities do though? There is still the slim chance he isn't lying and he is just as innocent as me. BTW he's in Eureka, IL so if anyone lives there you could help me maybe. But the thing that makes me think he isn't lying is at first he wanted to meet halfway(Eureka is like a couple hours away), but I'm not to keen on meeting with some random person so I didn't.

Edit- I've also found his myspace- http://www.myspace.com/justinatonu
So it looks to me like he's not trying to hide or anything, or else he's a moron at stealing on the internet

xtraking
07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
^ i wouldnt trust that kid with anything

DFSniper
07-08-2006, 12:04 PM
:stupid:

thechubbss12
07-08-2006, 01:31 PM
LOL Call me mean.... unless he screwed me under 50 dolla... i would screw his name all over then net... I would screw him by posting every bit of information i knew all over the net saying he is a thief and not to be trusted.... Address, name, SNs and internet IP address....

LOL i probibly would have made that guy ship first LOL.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Well the problem is like in my post before I am not sure I am being screwed over, It is possible that he is not lying, and its just very inconveniant for him to be on MSN. Which is why I ask, what will his local cops do? I don't want him to get in trouble unless he really deserves it.

viperx6x9x
07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
if he shipped fed ex theres a tracking number. i used to work for them years ago stacking boxes in trucks, and there wasnt a package goin through there that didnt have a number on it. if he wont give you the tracking number somethings wrong. anytime you get somethin off of ebay they always give you the tracking number. he's lyin about somethin. dont trust him. flame that punk all over the internet with every piece of personal info you can find on him. also yeah call the local authorities his and yours and have them look up that address you sent the package too and who it belonged to. if your lucky he gave you his real address, and if its fake, something scam artists like to do, hopefully it can be traced back to him.

also all that myspace account info and any online info you got on this guy turn it over to the authorities. it may or may not get resolved but hopefully it will.

vikingshadow
07-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm with you - it doesn't appear that he would screw you over, but looks are deceiving a lot of the time. You're dealing on BSNation, and I know a lot of people who've been screwed there before, so who know's for sure?

Is it possible it was sent to an incorrect address and whoever lives there signed for it? I know USPS doesn't track who actually signed for the thing, just that it was signed for. See if you can't track it through the post office to where it MIGHT have gone.

Also, you might check your neighbors houses just in case they signed and haven't brought it over.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Well UPS is what it was shipped so if he's telling the truth he just hasn't shown me the sig. Here is the thread for my PSP where he posted http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1477183 . and if you go through his posts on the Nation he doesn't seem like a bad guy and it looks like he deals with other people as well. Another problem is that all our conversations are on MSN and I didn't save them. I only have his address as a PM on pbnation. He is 18, maybe I can track down his parents on the net and talk to them.

vikingshadow
07-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Ah, I see. I thought I saw in your first post that he shipped USPS. My bad!

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Update, I tried some searching and found that his Father's name is Alan Langley, his age is 44 and is in Eureka, IL 61530. Can anyone help to find his Email? I have been searching for an hour but you have to be a subscrier to the things. If anyone has a paid reunion.com account our something please let me know.

claustrophobia9
07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Ah, I see. I thought I saw in your first post that he shipped USPS. My bad!
thats a good thing... hes commited federal mail fraud if he has used the usps as a means of fraud... punishable much more than reg. fraud.

~shocktheman~
07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Whoa!whoa!whoa! No Way!! I know/used to know one of the kids on his myspace friends list. Gregg(holding the infant) He goes to Olivet University as well. I wonder if I could get a hold of him, I bet he would be willing to help....

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-08-2006, 07:23 PM
If you could do that shocktheman that would help alot, to at least find out what is going on

durrell
07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Might want to edit any personal information you have about him out, you're not sure he's scammed you yet and you're not sure who's trolling these forums..just an idea..

~shocktheman~
07-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I could try, just I haven't really even seen him in about 2 years, and am not even sure how to get ahold of him. I will do my best for ya though. See if we can clear up this whole situation. Meanwhile I'd do as was suggested about checking your info/track#'s or whatever you have to see who, if anyone actually ever even signed for the package and where it could potentially have ended up.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I sent the guy an email just a minute ago this is what it said.

Hey, I haven't heard from you about what you're doing to locate the package? I still haven't got it or anything, or seen the signature you got off of the UPS website. If I don't see something that proved you try to ship it to me soon I might have to call your local police or something, your making me run out of options. Sorry but its not my fault I don't have an Ipod right now, it may or may not be your fault though, I don't know for sure. Contact me back and show me some proof that you have tried to ship it. A tracking number or something that was for a package to my address.

Hossy
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
nice message

hopefully u get ur psp back, or u get an ipod

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I would rather have the Ipod, but as of right now either would be ok as long as my PSP is still in good shape

TacTownKilla
07-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Write a letter through snail mail to the father. Let him know what is happening and how you want it solved. Letters through the mail will scare the kid more then a email.

colonel_moo
07-12-2006, 06:28 AM
you can't just call him? everytime i do business over the internet, i always get a phone number, and confirm that number incase something like this happens.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Ok I really think I am being scammed, I got a message today on my MSN while I was gone and it asked who I was and that he had recieved 5-10 emails from me, and he didn't know what was going on. Problem is I sent him a note before on Myspace when I found his profile, which was never replied to, that was about 2 months ago when I sent the note. Would it not have alerted him then sometime? I am super pissed right now and I will be mad if nothing happens because I not sure cops can do anything because its a civil matter or something. I asking a cop friend soon to make sure.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-16-2006, 04:25 AM
I also got this message last night, I am so freaking confused...

justin says:
Don't even get mad at me, I'm just as confused as you, I just got back from basic training where I've been for the last 4 months and I've got over 40 threatening messages/emails from people telling me that I haven't shipped something to them. So let me know what happened to you and I'll see if we can sort this out. Just settle down and it'll all be ok. Thanks, Justin.
justin says:
But from what I've read in your emails I guess you were supposed to recieve an Ipod Nano from me? Well, I don't have one but to clear this all up I'd be willing to just pay a cash amount, I probably couldn't give you all of it at once because I just started a new job. But I'm sure we could work something out, as I am trying to sell some gear and a gun right now so I need my feedback cleared up.
justin says:
I guess you can just get back to me tomorrow and we can get this all figured out, thanks man.

splaturout
07-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Since he is in another state and used a computer to commit the fraud he would be in trouble with the FEDS!! You should be able to contact the local police and they would most likly call the Feds as it would be an internet fraud case. Good luck and I hope you find the little prick!

claustrophobia9
07-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Since he is in another state and used a computer to commit the fraud he would be in trouble with the FEDS!! You should be able to contact the local police and they would most likly call the Feds as it would be an internet fraud case. Good luck and I hope you find the little prick!
he was already in trouble with the feds when he used USPS... thats mail fraud, federal offense. but that doesnt seem to be a real deterent :rolleyes:

splaturout
07-16-2006, 05:33 AM
I thought he used UPS, still doesn't matter. This guy wants to be caught or maybe the elevator doesn't make it to the top floor.

xNinja-Dolphinx
07-16-2006, 02:02 PM
THe situation is being worked out, apperently he was at boot camp and his house sitter is now in jail for burgalury and internet fraud, and we are in the process of him paying me back, so hopefully all goes well

Hob Hayward
07-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow thats crazy... Hope you either get your psp back or the ipod...